Why Is the Surge Hidden After You Accept a Ride?

Alloverthemap

Have you noticed this? When you tap to go to the screen with the rider's rating, you also get the expected distance and time of the ride. Alongside this information, when applicable, is the surge symbol and a $ sign, but the screen is not wide enough to reveal the amount.

treesweets dancer

Have you noticed this? When you tap to go to the screen with the rider's rating, you also get the expected distance and time of the ride. Alongside this information, when applicable, is the surge symbol and a $ sign, but the screen is not wide enough to reveal the amount.
Restart yr app maybe. Mine has been fine. Shows a dollar sign & 3 digits with a decimal no problem. But their app has always been screwy so u may be experiencing a bug.
Post automatically merged:

Wait, u get the expected distance & time of ride by yr surge amount? Just realized I've no idea what yr talking about. My exp distance & time shows after I start the trip, & it's at the bottom of the map screen.

If u tap the little person-head on the strip at the bottom with the start/end trip slider, or go in background & choose rider's name, you can see the address in text & the surge amount.

BuberDriver

You can see expected time and distance before starting the trip?? You're lucky...I only get that if it says 45+ minutes but no distance and that's before accepting.

BuberDriver

No. This is once the trip has begun and I move to the screen with the rider's rating.
Hmm not sure I usually don’t check once the ride has begun. Sometimes I’ll take screenshots before if it’s a good surge just so I have proof to Uber later if they don’t pay it.

These are both before starting the trip

I take a lot of surge rides so I’ll check next time I get one and let you know.

Alloverthemap

Thanks. It's amazing how those Lyft screens look identical to the old Uber panels. And how regularly do you see those $17.00 surcharges?

BuberDriver

Thanks. It's amazing how those Lyft screens look identical to the old Uber panels. And how regularly do you see those $17.00 surcharges?
Never. There was a music festival last weekend. Hence the surges on Lux, usually only surges up to like $5 or $8 max on a busy day

Those were Uber rides, guess my app it out of date. Lyft was running in the background

Last edited:

Daisey77

For me it shows the same info as it does prior to starting the trip. Like you, mine only shows the dollar sign and the first number. Actually not even the first number half of the first number LOL

JustTreatMeFair

On Uber with the ride in progress click on the passenger name bar towards the bottom of the screen. That opens to a page that shows the basic info on a line at the top of the screen that has his rating and the surge amount.