Why Is no one talking about this pay decrease!! I feel like im taking crazy pills!!!

Funky Monkey

They literally decreased pay and said it was better. Am I the only that knows this isn't true and they actually just decreased the pay. Example on the old pay scale I did a delivery that was 15 bucks. Yesterday I did the same delivery (Same exact delivery) and on the new scale I got 9 bucks. Thats HUGE. And I am extremely pissed. Why is no one else talkin about this!!!???
Zero surge price in play? I've noticed that once in a blue moon I get everything but the rider fee, sometimes they keep almost everything (or so it seems), and most of the time they take around 35% (which they must round up to 50%). I don't do food though. You could go to DoorDash and let them garnish your tips. :o-o:

Idontgetit

Three main categories, OTR, Regional and local. If you want to make money as a driver of anything, unless your wheels are turning, you're not making money.

I did Uber FT for three months a year ago. In order to maintain my life style, I had to work 70 plus hours a week to make 1500 per week or more. Home time during that was limited.
But you sleeped in your bed when you could and had a home made meal most likely.

Loose Stools

Zero surge price in play? I've noticed that once in a blue moon I get everything but the rider fee, sometimes they keep almost everything (or so it seems), and most of the time they take around 35% (which they must round up to 50%). I don't do food though. You could go to DoorDash and let them garnish your tips. :o-o:
Sad thing is that they actually are following the DD method of swiping tips. They now pay you some arbitrary amount while knowing in advance what the customer tipped. On most orders you now receive with tip what you would have been paid pre tip before. 😂

Launchpad McQuack

I’m confused. Is the UE pay now better or worse. Several on this thread claim it’s better.

https://uberpeople.net/posts/5587397/
Every market is different, so I am not going to dispute the people that say that it is better. Maybe for them it is. In my market, though, it has been a pretty drastic pay cut. To the point that I just don't find most pings to be worth it. Pretty much the only time that I accept a ping now is if I am going somewhere anyway and the delivery follows the route that I want to take. For example, if I am coming home from work and the pickup is close to work and the dropoff is close to home. Either that or if I can double it up with a GrubHub delivery so that I am carrying both orders for the bulk of the trip. I think my days of just going out for the purpose of driving Uber Eats to make extra money are over, though. The pay is simply too low now.

Invisible

Every market is different, so I am not going to dispute the people that say that it is better. Maybe for them it is. In my market, though, it has been a pretty drastic pay cut. To the point that I just don't find most pings to be worth it. Pretty much the only time that I accept a ping now is if I am going somewhere anyway and the delivery follows the route that I want to take. For example, if I am coming home from work and the pickup is close to work and the dropoff is close to home. Either that or if I can double it up with a GrubHub delivery so that I am carrying both orders for the bulk of the trip. I think my days of just going out for the purpose of driving Uber Eats to make extra money are over, though. The pay is simply too low now.
Thanks for your perspective!

Nats121

Sad thing is that they actually are following the DD method of swiping tips. They now pay you some arbitrary amount while knowing in advance what the customer tipped. On most orders you now receive with tip what you would have been paid pre tip before. 😂
You raised a very good point. I'd like to see some data on deliveries with and without tips and compare how much Uber is paying for each.

Like you, I suspect the data will show that on non-tipped orders, Uber's payout is HIGHER, while on tipped orders Uber's payout is LESS.

It looks like Uber has stooped to the point of plagerizing another company's scams.

Clothahump

I quit doing UberEats simply because it was too much of a pain in the ass. I don't like walking up three flights of stairs in an apartment complex that I had to spend time looking for the proper building. Especially if the weather is bad.

Rickos69

You raised a very good point. I'd like to see some data on deliveries with and without tips and compare how much Uber is paying for each.

Like you, I suspect the data will show that on non-tipped orders, Uber's payout is HIGHER, while on tipped orders Uber's payout is LESS.

It looks like Uber has stooped to the point of plagerizing another company's scams.
But, here is the question.
At the time of acceptance, the driver doesn't know whether he/she will be tipped or not, so what is the incentive for Uber to raise the pay? You don't know whether you will be tipped or not on any load. Loads are accepted or declined on pay merits alone.

5☆OG

i cant read every single post in this thread it too depressing. but it got me thinking how this former golden calf known as the gig economy is only a recipe for enslavement. but,its a sneaky enslavement. first they suck you in with fantastic incomes only to slowely tighten the noose around our necks.They use technology to control people and in turn people become used to the freedoms this job offers from traditional jobs,giving the people the ILLUSION OF CONTROL. sitting there and breaking down how they do it or what they do is like giving a child a toy to play with,it means nothing to uber they will continue to ratchet down on drivers abilities to earn and as long as drivers refuse to walk out or plan an exit strategy to leave they will continue to do as they please. they operate like a machine,feelingless,dedicated to the goal...MONEY....and thats ok to make money thats what people who have businesses do,however in this case it is done so in a malevolent and deceitful manner. they give us a number to call for help which is an excercise in futility. we are exposed to not only the abuse from uber but the abuse from the passangers,ungrateful pos's that they are. on top of that we or I at least take great risk and exposure on the road trying to avoid being squashed by a semi and all this for the wonderful rate of crap. an exit strategy is the way to go I am working on mine. we all have reasons for doing this,I am no different but the end is near. a change is inevitable the only question is will you be prepared? good luck to us all :smiles:

Last edited:

Nats121

But, here is the question.
At the time of acceptance, the driver doesn't know whether he/she will be tipped or not, so what is the incentive for Uber to raise the pay? You don't know whether you will be tipped or not on any load. Loads are accepted or declined on pay merits alone.
They'll be a lot more likely to accept the $3 offers if they're usually accompanied with tips.

Uber learned from the Doordash customer backlash that combining tips + "secret formula" payouts at ping can lead to trouble, so Uber can essentailly do the same thing by giving the illusion of "separating" the tips from the payouts.

If Uber had maintained their previous model of paying fixed rates for mileage, time, etc, then combining tips + payout at ping would be a positive thing.

Instead, Uber has copied Doordash by using a "secret formula" to decide the payouts on the fly, which can be manipulated any way Uber wants.

As I said in my previous post, if we can aquire a decent sized data sample of payout sizes with and without tips we can get a much better idea of whether or not Uber is using customer tips to reduce their payouts the way Doordash has.

Last edited:

Hunnibee29

They literally decreased pay and said it was better. Am I the only that knows this isn't true and they actually just decreased the pay. Example on the old pay scale I did a delivery that was 15 bucks. Yesterday I did the same delivery (Same exact delivery) and on the new scale I got 9 bucks. Thats HUGE. And I am extremely pissed. Why is no one else talkin about this!!!???
[/QUOTE
You're not alone!

ssahin1977

Uber in the Tampa Bay Area is dying on the vine, Lyft has made deep in roads into there market share.
Lyft asking to new drivers now their car must be
Ubereats is really shitty now .they are really playing with drivers now ,it is very risky and low pay job now , I will finish doing it ASAP.

Vinnie mac

Not only that they seem to be using your tip to come up with the promised amount eg.promised $11... Base fair was $5 trip supplement was $3 thats $8 tip was $5 thats $13 only got paid $12