• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why Is no one talking about this pay decrease!! I feel like im taking crazy pills!!!

25rides7daysaweek

They literally decreased pay and said it was better. Am I the only that knows this isn't true and they actually just decreased the pay. Example on the old pay scale I did a delivery that was 15 bucks. Yesterday I did the same delivery (Same exact delivery) and on the new scale I got 9 bucks. Thats HUGE. And I am extremely pissed. Why is no one else talkin about this!!!???
If nobody throws a fit and does something lyft's pay decreases
will continue go nationwide and
uber will follow.
At that point I'll have to get
some kind of 9 to 5 type job.
NOW IS THE TIME TO COMPLAIN
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM TWITTER
Online petition ANYTHING
we are all gonna be screwed...

tohunt4me

They literally decreased pay and said it was better. Am I the only that knows this isn't true and they actually just decreased the pay. Example on the old pay scale I did a delivery that was 15 bucks. Yesterday I did the same delivery (Same exact delivery) and on the new scale I got 9 bucks. Thats HUGE. And I am extremely pissed. Why is no one else talkin about this!!!???
Quit Driving.

Teach them they Must pay.

If you KEEP DRIVING

IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE !

The Gift of Fish

Because Uberlyft pay cuts are a well known feature of this line of work and they have been covered thousands of times in thousands of posts. We already know that the pay cuts are constant and that your earnings in future will be less than what they are today. In fact, that's one of the few definite things about these companies.

Ssgcraig

Been two years now that drivers took the hit. You only do eats, you had to have known it was coming. Apply for a CDL, $.55 a mile.

VanGuy

I had about 7 no go’s. Those names were etched in my brain. One guy, who was a total jerk when I delivered to him, I had a ride request for. When I saw his name and address for a ride, after I accepted, I thought of canceling. But instead drove to his house, and cancelled just as he was walking out. It felt great!!!!!!
With Skip my area is so large, that despite doing it about 2 years on and off part time, I have yet to go to the same address twice.

tohunt4me

Because Uberlyft pay cuts are a well known feature of this line of work and they have been covered thousands of times in thousands of posts. We already know that the pay cuts are constant and that your earnings in future will be less than what they are today. In fact, that's one of the few definite things about these companies.
UBER : THE ONLY JOB THAT GIVES COST OF LIVING DECREASES !

kiltedcameraman

I’m confused. Is the UE pay now better or worse. Several on this thread claim it’s better.

https://uberpeople.net/posts/5587397/
It is worse, but it is kind of hart to tell how much worse. I spent a great deal of yesterday, examining my first week of earnings on the new scheme. I did the maths, and have more or less figured out how much less they are paying me per mile/minute/pickup-dropoff. Add to that, the boosts only apply to base pay. The answer, it is pathetic, if that were all they are paying I'd give up now.

However, there is also the trip supplement, which is a magic number. There is no rhyme nor reason to it. I have had supplements as low as $0.00 and as high as $2.99. Why? Who knows. Basically my unboosted trips are about 15% lower than they were before. Boosted can get to 30%+ which sounds bad (and is) if it weren't also for the fact that I hadn't had boosts for six months prior, and now have them almost all of the time now.

Add to that, in my market at least, they are paying wait times, and then some. Appx 1 out of every 10 trips I make, I end up making more that I would have before. Finally, tips are way up (I still think they are manipulated - and have evidence of it).

All in all, last week UE shortchanged me well over $100, but I still had one of my best weeks ever ( and was on track for it to be the best week even until Sunday sucked). In short, I ended the week at $16.90 per hour for the week ($18.40 before the weekend) and $1.43 per mile ($1.7 before the weekend).

dmoney155

It IS better this way... just accept it. No point of fighting it.

Invisible

It is worse, but it is kind of hart to tell how much worse. I spent a great deal of yesterday, examining my first week of earnings on the new scheme. I did the maths, and have more or less figured out how much less they are paying me per mile/minute/pickup-dropoff. Add to that, the boosts only apply to base pay. The answer, it is pathetic, if that were all they are paying I'd give up now.

However, there is also the trip supplement, which is a magic number. There is no rhyme nor reason to it. I have had supplements as low as $0.00 and as high as $2.99. Why? Who knows. Basically my unboosted trips are about 15% lower than they were before. Boosted can get to 30%+ which sounds bad (and is) if it weren't also for the fact that I hadn't had boosts for six months prior, and now have them almost all of the time now.

Add to that, in my market at least, they are paying wait times, and then some. Appx 1 out of every 10 trips I make, I end up making more that I would have before. Finally, tips are way up (I still think they are manipulated - and have evidence of it).

All in all, last week UE shortchanged me well over $100, but I still had one of my best weeks ever ( and was on track for it to be the best week even until Sunday sucked). In short, I ended the week at $16.90 per hour for the week ($18.40 before the weekend) and $1.43 per mile ($1.7 before the weekend).
That’s interesting. Thanks for the info!
Post automatically merged:

With Skip my area is so large, that despite doing it about 2 years on and off part time, I have yet to go to the same address twice.
Wow that area must be extremely an large area. I’ve had many repeat customers both for Eats and R/S. Last winter, I delivered breakfast to this one customer and then also delivered her dinner on the same day. I’ve also had repeat pax on the same day or each wk.

The customer/pax I noted who was an incredible jerk, is one I’ll never forget. He was very nice as I was delivering his meal. Then he asked where the drinks were. There were no drinks with his order.

He had called the restaurant and wanted to add on the drinks. But the restaurant employee was new, and never told me or the other staff about drinks.

The guy started cussing at the top of his lungs arms and was flailing his arms. I thought he was going to punch me. And then he called the restaurant and cussed them out. He went from normal to psychotic in a minute!

Last edited:

Alltel77

You can't really know who did it. But you can guestimate pretty accurately. Especially if you've only done 2 trips for the day.
She hit me as being a real sourpuss from the moment she opened the door. I had a bad feeling. She was holding her phone, she inspected the soda that I handed to her. All in all, a @@@@@!!!
BTW, you no longer see a reason for the thumb down like in the past. Even no reason. Just blank.
Post automatically merged:

Here is a good one from last weekend.
The customer calls support to tell them that the address was wrong, and support calls me to ask if I am willing to take it to the new address.
I said, give me the new address. It was 214 bla bla bla street. The original address was 210 on the same street.
So, not only did I get my commendation for going the extra mile to deliver, I also got my $6 for the address change. ($4+$2 for diamond)
Its things like this that make Uber who they are. Money losers.
If the customer had called me, I just would have taken it there.
I'm glad he called Rohit.
I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago. Go to call buzzer , lady answers acting like I am disturbing her , buzzes me up , delivery to door the witch snatches the food from me. An hour later I look a thumbs down and no tip.

I worked for a bank in the fraud/disputes department and there's quite a big niche of people who do this on purpose to get free stuff. They will thumbs down call uber complain get comp'd a few times , then Uber catches on to their pattern and starts denying credit/comp so then the customer will start calling the bank and disputing charges. 80% of the time these people would also have a pattern with bank constantly disputing various charges or claiming "fraud".

Idontgetit

Been two years now that drivers took the hit. You only do eats, you had to have known it was coming. Apply for a CDL, $.55 a mile.
You need 2 yrs verifiable experience, and then you get to make $.55 a mile and be away from your home for 2-3 weeks then come home 3 days off and out again. If you get short trips 300 miles you’ll make almost the same as uber and lyft. Food on the road is expensive and your health goes to shyft eating junk food everyday. If your single its a good way to make some $$, if you have a family, well had after you drive. The advantage is you get to travel all across this beautiful nation America. Good luck.

GreatOrchid

irs says this is a hobby and then trump wouldnt have all his great employment numbers with millions of ants not reported as employeed

talk about fake news

charmer37

they slashed these rates this is not new news .
i quit driving uber and lyft. i found something i am averaging 1.25 min per mile driven . last night 8pm to 11 pm i made 112 bucks in 3 hours driving grub hub very good night. saturday i worked 12 pm to 5 pm i made 104 so 200 profit 8 hours . doing lyft and uber i expect to earn 100 minus fuel 80 profit lyft .75 and .11 ... uber .11 and .60
lyft slashed rates in some areas . .09 a minute and .30 per mile. this is just enough to cover fuel cost if you have to dead head home .
the bad thing is after you posted this about your pay being so bad Tomorrow you will be out driving again slave wages
A lot of drivers are still accepting ubereats deliveries even after the pay cut, The only app gigs in my market that’s worth doing is postmates and grubhub. I don’t have Door dash in my market but ride sharing and all the other app gigs is is a waste of time and resources where I live.

Ssgcraig

You need 2 yrs verifiable experience, and then you get to make $.55 a mile and be away from your home for 2-3 weeks then come home 3 days off and out again. If you get short trips 300 miles you’ll make almost the same as uber and lyft. Food on the road is expensive and your health goes to shyft eating junk food everyday. If your single its a good way to make some $$, if you have a family, well had after you drive. The advantage is you get to travel all across this beautiful nation America. Good luck.
Three main categories, OTR, Regional and local. If you want to make money as a driver of anything, unless your wheels are turning, you're not making money.

I did Uber FT for three months a year ago. In order to maintain my life style, I had to work 70 plus hours a week to make 1500 per week or more. Home time during that was limited.