• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why is Mcdonalds/Uber Eats process so broken?

Rdy4thdl

Who knows exactly how McDonalds interacts with UE drivers? For instance when I accept a pick up request from Mcd's at what point do they punch the order? Some times I'm 5 minutes away and walk in and order is ready or close to ready. Sometimes (majority) I accept a trip from 5 mins (ie) and get there and order not punched. Have to ask them to punch it, then wait in their q for the order to be made. Often there are other orders ready but no driver there yet, but my order is nowhere near ready and I am standing there. Is there anything drivers can do to ensure orders are punched before i arrive? Any suggestions would be appreciated. (Dundurn and Lottridge this is about you!)

HotUberMess

It’s broken because McD’s employees get crapped on all day long and UE is their one shot to crap on someone else for a change.

Oh wait.. you meant how does it function.. someone answered in another thread yesterday. The UE restaurant app has two restaurant settings, fast food and regular. Fastfood restaurants do not start the order until you arrive, but regular restaurants call driver after food is cooked.

Rdy4thdl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have not found that fast food restaurants all work that way. Not even mcd's. As I said in my original post "sometines" you arrive and the order is already in process or ready. So there is no way they waited for the driver to arrive to enter order. Other FF places (Harvey's etc) seem to have the orders ready when you walk in most of the time. I would love to look at a UE restaurant app to see how they (the restaurants) set up there settings. How could I see that app? I've had non FF restaurants tell me that they just received an order and the driver has already arrived. So how are they "calling a driver when the food is cooked"? There are missing li is and inconsistencies ro what the proper process is or should be. And I'm trying to understand it so I can make it work for me......

It’s broken because McD’s employees get crapped on all day long and UE is their one shot to crap on someone else for a change.

Oh wait.. you meant how does it function.. someone answered in

They didn’t even look at the UE order machine during rush hour.
From what I have seen I think this is the actual issue. You are at the mercy of the person at the front counter actually punching the order (before you arrive).

Rdy4thdl

Click issue with my fare and ask for $5, 10 min wait. Works everytime.
2 things about that: 1) I do that all the time but Mcds had a knack for handing me the order after 8+ mins but just under 10 (I time it myself) and 2) the original question remains.....why is the process so broken?

Vavvav

About $400 to $500 a week for 30 hours doing EATS. But there are promos going on now and hourly guarantees in Niagara which is where the promos come into play.

Rdy4thdl

Just jumped over to the other thread. Saw his nonsense. Good job on ur trolling photoshop job Vavavv.

Misterdragon

Who knows exactly how McDonalds interacts with UE drivers? For instance when I accept a pick up request from Mcd's at what point do they punch the order? Some times I'm 5 minutes away and walk in and order is ready or close to ready. Sometimes (majority) I accept a trip from 5 mins (ie) and get there and order not punched. Have to ask them to punch it, then wait in their q for the order to be made. Often there are other orders ready but no driver there yet, but my order is nowhere near ready and I am standing there. Is there anything drivers can do to ensure orders are punched before i arrive? Any suggestions would be appreciated. (Dundurn and Lottridge this is about you!)
I don't think there would be anything smart....to say.
I go through that pain every day.
We didn't hear that, our system has a problem etc etc.
Sooo painfull....
Do they care about UE drivers....NO
Business as usual for them.
I just want to find out about those $5 after 10 min waiting....I would be rich guy...lol

Click issue with my fare and ask for $5, 10 min wait. Works everytime.
Listen...I would be a rich man if I knew that.
I have to try that...for sure.
Sooo...how do you use it.
Do you go into that after trip if finished and....select the trip and Select An Issue and what issue do you select....????

thanks

Misterdragon

Hi,
This is going on on daily basis with me, and probably with all of us.
First thing when I come is to check if the order is up on the screen. If not, go directly to the person who is cashier. 9 out of 10 times I would have to tell them to put it up on the screen, sometimes me driving for 10 min to get to Dundarn (usually) location.
Depending how much they are busy, but, I think we are the last one on their agenda.
Just my opinion.
But in another hand, we do the most business with Mcd's....so..not sure what to say....cheers