Why is Lyft silent about Uber's upfront pricing scam?

Nats121

If Lyft isn't doing the same thing, why aren't they making an issue out of it?

Just think about the PR and advertising coup Lyft could have by pointing out they don't play those kinds of pricing games.

The fact they're silent about it makes me think they're doing it themselves or plan on doing it eventually.

Bulls23

If Lyft isn't doing the same thing, why aren't they making an issue out of it?

Just think about the PR and advertising coup Lyft could have by pointing out they don't play those kinds of pricing games.

The fact they're silent about it makes me think they're doing it themselves or plan on doing it eventually.

They are certainly doing it as we speak but charging less. Here is a comparison of two for the same trip I requested a few minutes ago:

20170908_142846.png
20170908_142924.png
20170908_143003.png

Bulls23

My theory is, Lyft needs Uber go crazy with pricing. Staying silent help customers to choose between Uber and Lyft. As you can see, its no brainer - the difference is too obvious. That's how Lyft was able to increase market share in recent months.

Nats121

My theory is, Lyft needs Uber go crazy with pricing. Staying silent help customers to choose between Uber and Lyft. As you can see, its no brainer - the difference is too obvious. That's how Lyft was able to increase market share in recent months.
Staying silent doesn't help. If Lyft is offering a better deal, they should say so.

Aztek98

When lydt pax ask me why I like lyft better I tell them about the up front pricing scam.

When uber pax start a conversation about anything even close to rates I tell them about the up front pricing scam.

I'm putting it down. Are the pax picking it up?

You bet

WaveRunner1

Notice Uber picks the long way. I'll remember that route for future reference...
Uber always picks the longest route for upfront pricing then shows the driver the shortest distance to the drop off location. This is why I tell everyone NEVER USE UBER MAPS. USE GOOGLE! I have gotten SEVERAL rides from Tysons to Alexandria and Uber app told me to take Route 7 with its million traffic lights when 495 is at least 10 minutes faster but almost twice the distance.

Brandon0315

Because Lyft employs its own sneaky tactics....

About a week ago, I received a request with no P/T attached to it. I cancelled (PM rush hour going into the city at base rate) and checked Lyfts app to see what the payout would have been. Lyft was charging the PAX almost 3x the fare. A few moments later, the same request came through, again with no P/T attached.

Lyft=Pot; Uber=Kettle

Last edited: