• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why Is It...

Do you suggest the back seat to morbidly obese riders?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Yes, but they still insist on the front seat!

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

upyouruber

that super-obese paxs always want to cram themselves in the front seat? Seriously, I drive a Prius and I always politely suggest that they would be more comfortable in the back seat as it quite roomy back there! But nooooooo, lemme cram my fat caboose right here where ergonomicaly, I will have less space and sacrifice all comfort for the duration of this ride! Yup, makes complete sense:rolleyes:

Ribak

A front seat moved completely back allows for more leg room. Also, it allows for “safe space” as there is a small barrier between them and the driver. The windshield adds to the illusion of extra space. The backseat may be claustrophobic for some. While there is more width to spread the load in the back, this is an unfortunate reminder of the obesity. Bottom line, we are spending more on gas and there is more wear and tear on the car. Thus, the passenger you noted should be required to pay a higher fare.

Disgusted Driver

In most cars you typically have a little more room to maneuver getting in. Also, I had one who gained extra space leaning the front seat all the way back. It was a mountain of jello staring me in the face, 2 more in the back (one heavy), had to be 1100 or 1200 pounds not including me but it was a nice select ride on highways so I kept my mouth shut and did the haul.

Ribak

In most cars you typically have a little more room to maneuver getting in. Also, I had one who gained extra space leaning the front seat all the way back. It was a mountain of jello staring me in the face, 2 more in the back (one heavy), had to be 1100 or 1200 pounds not including me but it was a nice select ride on highways so I kept my mouth shut and did the haul.
You needed a pilot car in front with flashing light with an indicator of “wide load”

1.5xorbust

I always drive away and cancel if an obese person approaches my car. The disproportionate wear and tear on my car cancels any benefit from taking the trip.

Ribak

I'm going to San Diego this summer. But I guess I now have zero chances of meeting you.
I have seen you picture, you did not appear obese to me. Maybe slightly hefty...but certainly not obese. If you are ever in Seattle, I would be honored to meet your transportation needs.

Cableguynoe

I have seen you picture, you did not appear obese to me. Maybe slightly hefty...but certainly not obese. If you are ever in Seattle, I would be honored to meet your transportation needs.
Ribak, I would look you up for sure!

Seattle is on the list.

San Diego? I’m in Lisbon. PM me and let me know when you’ll be here.
HAHA, what a coincidence, I'm planning on visiting the beautiful city.
I guess I get to meet 2 of my favorite drivers there!

Really?? I was under the impression you were a straight male.
As was I.
But whatever, lets just see what happens.

Uber Crack

Author
I think people assume there's more room in front. Most people don't know that our Prius's have awesome room in the back :smiles:

Last edited:

AllGold

There is a little more head room for getting in and out of the front seat of a Prius. But yeah, there is plenty of room in the back when you move the front passenger seat forward.

I always drive away and cancel if an obese person approaches my car. The disproportionate wear and tear on my car cancels any benefit from taking the trip.
Even if it's just one person? Four 200+ pounders weigh more than one obese person--unless they're so fat they couldn't get out of their house anyway.