• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why is it that foreign people NEVER GIVE 5 STARS?

Another Uber Driver

The star system for hotels and restaurants seems to apply more abroad than here. Uber users tend to rate their drivers in the same way that they rate a hotel or restaurant.

For a hotel or restaurant:

Five stars=Scrape, Bow and Kowtow.
Four stars=Pretty good.
Three stars=acceptable. If hotel, clean accomodations and civil/businesslike employees. If restaurant, clean, food edible, service within tolerances and civil/businesslike/courteous.

So, they rate drivers the same. Uber fails to educate its passengers that it considers anything less than five stars unacceptable, while in the hotel or restaurant business, three or four stars are allright.

Winnipeg

I thinks because most of the world thinks 4* is "very good" and 5* is "outstanding". I rarely 5* a product on Amazon, its got to be extra-special. I guess many people think that way too.

ExpendableAsset

So why are some of the drivers so concerned in giving pax 5 stars!
They shouldn't be. In order to be 5 stars, a passenger must be courteous, punctual, respectful and tip(In exchange for my exceptional service of course). In my market, that is maybe 5% of all passengers. I can usually give out one or two five star ratings a day. Most PAX are somewhere around a 3.

Sebikun20

Do pax have immediate access to the rating given by a driver before they can rate you? I'm always a bit afraid to rate too low in fear or retaliation through a low rating for me

Hondaguy7643

Do pax have immediate access to the rating given by a driver before they can rate you? I'm always a bit afraid to rate too low in fear or retaliation through a low rating for me
Pax cannot see there rating at all. Many pax I have driven didn't even know drivers could rate them. So in short the answer to your question: pax have no idea so rate away!

Choochie

The majority of my pax are foreigners but it's hard to say.
Simple solution. Call to confirm ride and pickup address. If you hear an accent, cancel it!
I guess I wouldn't have any rides then. The majority of my rides are from India, China, South America, South Bronx, South Boston, etc. you get the drift.

Last edited:

AshyLarry81

The majority of my pax are foreigners but it's hard to say. When I only drive 1 a week it is easier to see who might have rated me low since I may only have 4 or

I guess I wouldn't have any rides then. The majority of my rides are from India, China, South America, South Bronx, South Boston, etc. you get the drift.
If you work the hours between 8 am to 7 pm, you're more likely to encounter immigrants - especially the ones as mentioned by UberXTampa. They're more likely to ride to and from work or do everyday errands like shopping, bank, etc. They typically live hard-working, mundane lives that don't include much of a social life at night as compared to those that grew up in the US. That's why I'm more likely to drive at night!

Choochie

If you work the hours between 8 am to 7 pm, you're more likely to encounter immigrants - especially the ones as mentioned by UberXTampa. They're more likely to ride to and from work or do everyday errands like shopping, bank, etc. They typically live hard-working, mundane lives that don't include much of a social life at night as compared to those that grew up in the US. That's why I'm more likely to drive at night!
You can have the night driving - more power to ya! You are right on that one though.

DudeCity

Guys pls keep away from Indians, Arabs and Parsians regardles how well U treat
them they will not give U five * coz they don't know wt exactly it means...........fucck them
I'd rather lose the money than give them a ride.

Any day U give one of them a ride ur daily rating will be in very bad state.

ATX 22

Try not acting like a bunch of racist rednecks and you just might find those people will give you a 5☆ rating. Don't think for a second that people can't read your attitude towards them. Maybe if you have that big of a problem with "foreigners ", you should find a different line of work where you won't have to deal with them.

Mr_Frenchie

Not true about indians. I drove two guys who were of indian decent and they gave me a five. hahaha

Drove them from Newark to Jersey City. and if you know this area you know Jersey City is a big indian community.

Choochie

Not true about indians. I drove two guys who were of indian decent and they gave me a five. hahaha

Drove them from Newark to Jersey City. and if you know this area you know Jersey City is a big indian community.
I have received a $5.00 from an Indian woman. She sat in the front and we had a good time. I have a lot of Indian clients in my business so I understand their propensity to get a deal and driving I have tons of them, so if I can count how many times I've had a tip then I guess that says it all. I don't know about the rating though. It's possibly one of the reasons my rating stays low, if what some are saying is true.