1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why I No Longer Live in England

Discussion in 'London' started by elelegido, Sep 13, 2015.

1. elelegido

elelegido

Screenshot_2015-09-13-10-37-09.jpg

Sunday: rain
    Monday: rain
    Tuesday: rain
    Wednesday: rain
    Thursday: rain
    Friday: rain
    And... to end the week;
    Saturday: rain

The_One likes this.
  2. igor l

igor l

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Man you just ruined my all week.
    Damn you.

3. Drive4fun

Drive4fun

You are absolutely right .
    UK is kind of rubbish place to live, nature is ugly and wether is more then horrible. Everyone knows that, even the British people think that way, but why everyone tries to come over here and stay. Simply because the things happen easily here, there is no place on earth with such a freedom for everything. You can't get the only best from everything. Where is good there is a bad too . Enjoy your nice time under the sunshine, I am staying in the grey for now.
    Cheers image.jpg

4. Sylvester

Sylvester

Driving:
    UberXL
    It's good for business though...

However, I too would be gone like a shot if I had the means; the weather is just one of many things that suck in the UK nowadays...

5. igor l

igor l

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Was ist das?

6. Drive4fun

Drive4fun

Have a look now. A nice place to be.

7. Where is this?

8. pingpongman

pingpongman

America is a great place but too many yankee doodle dandies
    just kidding!

9. voodooman

voodooman

Anyone who doesnt like my country just go.... clear off...

TxiBy likes this.
  10. pingpongman

pingpongman

Woodo you gotta cut down on them kellogs!

voodooman likes this.
  11. igor l

igor l

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Clear off? Clear off, you say? voodooman, not a victory. The shroud of the Dark Side has fallen. Begun, the Clone War has.

pingpongman and voodooman like this.
  12. Nowadays? When has the weather been any different?? And I love it, never the same, always changing, never too intense. England is the only country on the planet where you can go for a walk on any day of the year.

Blubbering likes this.
  13. Drive4fun

Drive4fun

Black Sea Bulgaria

14. Sylvester

Sylvester

Driving:
    UberXL
    John Doe, I suggest you re-read what I wrote.

Incidentally, I took a short walk today and got thoroughly drenched. There are lots of countries on the planet where this is less likely to happen.

Admittedly, we don't get devastating tornados, typhoons, etc., but the weather here is - and always has been - ****.

15. i feel that i need to let you know that next week i am going on holloday to Caraibe. (God help you all to go as i do).

16. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm originally from England. Gotta say it may rain more frequently there but I'm in Houston now and inches wise we get a lot more rain per year. Pretty much every year it floods SOMEWHERE in Houston. It doesn't do this on a regular basis in England. Plus when you have a monsoon no umbrella is keeping you dry:
    Screenshot_2015-09-15-01-45-25.png Screenshot_2015-09-15-01-47-31.png

17. UberLuxbod

UberLuxbod Moderator

Driving:
    UberLUX

Until you have travelled the world a bit, and I don't mean a 2week Holiday to Corfu or Malaga, you have no way to know how good or bad the UK is in relation to other Countries.

The biggest issue with the UK is not weather it is the gradual erosion of living standards for many working class people.

18. Sylvester, just re-read your post. I suggest you improve your English. It still infers that that the weather is different 'nowadays', than was at some point in the recent past. And I also suggest that in the rare occurrence of an absolute downpour in this country, you don't go out for a walk until it subsides. Which is usually about 20 mins or so.

19. snoodles88

snoodles88

Sylvester is right, the last proper summer we had was about 10 years ago. Nowadays, DURING the summer you have rain and ****. Before it used to be a good few months of decent weather.. Now we have a couple of good days then back to ****ty rain.

20. Shers

Shers

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Oh how typically English, talking about the weather.

You could just appreciate all of this though.

http://bzfd.it/1OTJQjr