1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why I like foreigners.

Discussion in 'Other' started by DB2448, Sep 6, 2015.

1. DB2448

DB2448

Because they are super nice. Out of all the trips I've done, I've discovered that I enjoy foreign people the most. At least the ones who understand English.

My first ever Pax was Australian. Very talkative couple (he was with his girlfriend) and it was a great way to begin Ubering. Not to mention a $3 tip for a $3 trip after Uber fees.

Today I had someone (I think she was from Asia or somewhere like that) and right as I picked her up, I knew she was someone that would be talkative. We laughed and talked about how bad a person's driving in front of us was, and she joked how afraid she was to cross the street so she just decided to Uber. She didn't even mind that I had to go down a little ways to make a Uturn. That said, I prefer foreign people. They just seem more friendly and grateful.

2. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    All the out of town visitors to DC are great, but half the local PAX are *******s. But DC it self has a semi negative atmosphere, so many people are just mad at life for no reason.

3. Aishapet

Aishapet

Driving:
    UberX
    In Seattle it's always the tourists whether they are foreigners or not that give tips. Locals on a rare basis will tip. I'm usually shocked if it's a local tipping!

4. Horsebm

Horsebm

Tourists are usually nicer than the locals. Of course they are on vacation and generally in good spirits.

5. POST # 4/HorsebmHorsebm: Yeah......until YOU
    drop a Hot
    "User Name" in their Fragrant Laps!

Horsebm likes this.
  6. Turbo

Turbo

Some other Asia-like place

LBCPriusC likes this.
  7. Kruhn

Kruhn

I had a couple of Canadians and we spent the whole trip making historical jokes. He even gave me a $5 tip. Best ride ever.

I speak 3 languages so I get surprised passengers when I reply back in their native language

Brandon0315 likes this.
  8. TomInVegas

TomInVegas

Driving:
    UberX
    On that note, you can flatter any PAX with a confusing foreign name if you pause at a red light while enroute to P/U to get them and Google their name and origin and meaning.

It might comeback for example and say what a certain female Pakistani name is. Imagine if you say, " sorry for asking but isn't your name the Urdu for "sunshine"? You don't need to know more than that. In 99.5% of cases it will be accepted with amazement very happily by pax and predispose them to be fond of you= maybe a tip.

They are amazed because 95% of Anericans are insular to the world and you'll be the one to do this and one they will never forget. Just feel out the situation.

For years I have done this and it always elicits warmth and a smile.

Brandon0315 and SibeRescueBrian like this.
  9. surya kumar

surya kumar

foreigner are strange to the cities and places So they little bit conversational and much talkative to one who approached.

TomInVegas likes this.
  10. TomInVegas

TomInVegas

Driving:
    UberX
    Very true. Shy otherwise but very warm when they feel comfortable.

surya kumar likes this.
  11. surya kumar

surya kumar

Yes true, We proud when guests to countries are feel comfortable.

12. Idiot Savant

Idiot Savant

Yes, they are.
    But not only people on vacation, people on business trip are nice too.

There is some logic behind that - those cheap drunks don´t have much money to travel, people with good jobs can afford it and mostly they are not hillbilly type.

Horsebm likes this.
  13. UberJag

UberJag

Driving:
    UberX
    I find it the complete opposite in Silicon Valley. The only exception was during the Super Bowl! They were all happy to be here! That was probably one of the best weeks ever I've had as a driver.

wk1102 likes this.