Why I don’t have goddamn Uber eats turned on

LyftUberFuwabolewa

Sometime back I had Uber turn on Uber eats because I thought it would be good to have more options. But then what happens is every time you cross the state line it resets your preferences and turns Uber eats back on. Then you start getting requests you don’t want and when you cancel it affects your overall cancellation rate.

Well with all that’s going on with the virus I thought I might try it again just to get more work. So I had Uber turn on Uber eats but I turned it off.In the app.

Well I operate in New Jersey but I just took a guy into New York City. It was just a few miles over the George Washington Bridge so I didn’t decline the ride.

I drop him off and next thing you know I get a delivery request.

The worst thing is is that I go into preferences and now I can’t even turn Uber eats off. Because Uber eats is the only thing I qualify for in New York City it’s red it’s reIn the app.

Well I operate in New Jersey but I just took a guy into New York City. It was just a few miles over the George Washington Bridge so I didn’t decline the ride.

I drop him off and next thing you know I get a delivery request.

The worst thing is is that I go into preferences and now I can’t even turn Uber eats off. Because Uber eats is the only thing I qualify for in New York City It’s always on. So unless you go into last ride mode before you cross into New York City you’re going to start getting Uber eats requests.

Goddamn Uber eats. And now on the weekend there’s no support. But first thing Monday morning I’m having them turn that piece of crap off.
Post automatically merged:

Did I mention that I think it totally @@@@ing sucks that Uber switch is your preference is when you go over the state line?

LyftUberFuwabolewa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So when I was in New York I couldn’t turn Uber eats off. So when I get back to Jersey and turn the app on guess what I get? An Uber eats order. I went ahead and excepted it.

So it’s a sandwich and a soda from subway.

I’m sure I’m gonna get a $20 tip on this one.

Goddamn Uber

Oh yeah and the drop off is in Amazon fulfillment Center

Just turn the app off and hang out with the Swedish Bikini team.
I miss those guys already.

So I had to drive more than 3 miles to get to the subway, then park, go in, get the stinking sandwich, get back in my car, and drive for miles. $4.66 and no tip.

You Uber eats people are total losers.

And I can’t get through to Uber because due to “technical difficulties” they can’t take calls on the weekend. Bullshit.

I’d rather do rideshare pick ups at the supermarket then have to go and get these lazy slobs their sandwich or burger and fries for pennies.

Last edited:
I don't do deliveries, but the drivers in my region are telling me that the Covavid industry has accelerated their business into overtime, be it UberEats, Instacart, DoorDash, etc., and their tips have increased significantly as well.
Be safe everybody!

fraqtl

I don't do deliveries, but the drivers in my region are telling me that the Covavid industry has accelerated their business into overtime, be it UberEats, Instacart, DoorDash, etc., and their tips have increased significantly as well.
Be safe everybody!
Not so much for me (in Australia). They seem to preference bikes over cars because bikes have a higher commission taken out (at least I'm assuming that's the reason)

GMdriver50

So when I was in New York I couldn’t turn Uber eats off. So when I get back to Jersey and turn the app on guess what I get? An Uber eats order. I went ahead and excepted it.

So it’s a sandwich and a soda from subway.

I’m sure I’m gonna get a $20 tip on this one.

Goddamn Uber

Oh yeah and the drop off is in Amazon fulfillment Center

I miss those guys already.

So I had to drive more than 3 miles to get to the subway, then park, go in, get the stinking sandwich, get back in my car, and drive for miles. $4.66 and no tip.

You Uber eats people are total losers.

And I can’t get through to Uber because due to “technical difficulties” they can’t take calls on the weekend. Bullshit.

I’d rather do rideshare pick ups at the supermarket then have to go and get these lazy slobs their sandwich or burger and fries for pennies.
90% of my Uber Eats customers tip. Pretty decent tips too. Whereas only 20% of my passengers tip. I have a pretty decent car and rating. I would do Uber Eats all day long if there was enough business.

#professoruber

Be safe everybody!
I am doing all deliveries. I did doordash for a day and eats for a week. Well, i am just running insta right now for my own physical and mental well being. I am likely walking 10 miles a day.

Just collected a $50 order for hell. $800 worth of groceries. $100 cash tip. I almost quit after filling up one grocery car with beer and wine, but decided to keep at it since he ordered a six back of mickeys big mouths.

I am running $150 a day now and I am thinking once I figure out the tricks, I should be able to run $200 per day which will keep the savings stabile.

I am finding balance in watching all the craziness around me but also got a side hustle going on with toilet paper. Every store that has it, I buy the limit. If I take a order that is requesting TP and the store doesn't have it, they win a prize and they add a fat tip.

I turn on eats and see a $4-8 order and turn it right off. I am a $10-20 per kind of guy. 😁

UberSnoober

So it’s a sandwich and a soda from subway.I’m sure I’m gonna get a $20 tip on this one.

"You Uber eats people are total losers."

Some of us can't work Uber rideshare so please save your disdain for us.
Also leave those deliveries for us who have to truly hustle to earn a buck everyday.

fraqtl

#professoruber

This is since Wednesday, when Uber decided to lock my account for a background check.

Long hours but minimal miles. I am all about smart money and making sure my family is secure financially through these crazy times.

ECE2D954-2E34-43C8-8820-5FE3D61EDB50.png

Coachman

I turned eats back on this week since things were so slow. So far it's not so bad. I got a $10 tip this afternoon on a Sonic delivery.

The thing I really hate about eats is the apartment complex deliveries. I got a whole string of them the other night and it's the typical routine... trying to find the building numbers, in the dark, and then climbing three flights of stairs to deliver a cheeseburger.

fraqtl

I turned eats back on this week since things were so slow. So far it's not so bad. I got a $10 tip this afternoon on a Sonic delivery.

The thing I really hate about eats is the apartment complex deliveries. I got a whole string of them the other night and it's the typical routine... trying to find the building numbers, in the dark, and then climbing three flights of stairs to deliver a cheeseburger.
Dunno how it works in the US but I tell em to meet me out the front because apartment complexes have too many people wandering through, safer for everyone 😂

LyftUberFuwabolewa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some of us can't work Uber rideshare so please save your disdain for us.
Also leave those deliveries for us who have to truly hustle to earn a buck everyday.
OK I’ll save it. I’ll keep it in the bottle. I’ll put it right next to my bottle with time in it. If I could save time in a bottle… If I could save the stain in a bottle… That would make a great song!

And what are you doing in the rideshare portion of the form anyway?

Be safe everybody!
I'm having no trouble staying busy with rideshare.

I've only done a handful of deliveries but so far it's been fast food to shlubs. "Tips" is a new concept for them.

I wouldn't mind camping out near upscale restaurants and delivering large orders to the kind of people that would definitely tip. But it looks like the majority of people that use the delivery services are the great unwashed.

Last edited: