• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why I Am Not Driving This Week

Kurt Halfyard

Author
  • Cold Weather Returned.
  • Potholes are currently at their worst in Toronto (And Brampton and Mississauga).
  • LYFT IPO Shenanigans not helping the 'driving experience' on the Platform.
  • Barely Completed A Ride Challenge Last Week...At 2am Sunday (Ouch). It was a struggle to get 47 rides.
Time to take a holiday this week and wait to see if any promotions or incentives worth while come back, and catch up on sleep (and reading, and some film watching).

Enjoy the grind out there folks...I'll still be spending time posting here (sorry), but sometimes you just have to take a break.

leap_year

• Cold Weather Returned.
  • Potholes are currently at their worst in Toronto (And Brampton and Mississauga).
  • Barely Completed A Ride Challenge Last Week...At 2am Sunday (Ouch). It was a struggle to get 47 rides.
Time to take a holiday this week and wait to see if any promotions or incentives worth while come back, and catch up on sleep (and reading, and some film watching).

Enjoy the grind out there folks...I'll still be spending time posting here (sorry), but sometimes you just have to take a break.
how many hours online did you have to commit to, in order to get to 47 rides on lyft?

are you lyft only?

Kurt Halfyard

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
how many hours online did you have to commit to, in order to get to 47 rides on lyft?

are you lyft only?
I'm LYFT only, and it took 40h with the App on. (Although there are long stretches when I'm in my home, getting no pings, and doing other things).

MUGATS

Lyft just didn’t ever have to do the dirty work while rolling out their app.

Uber got down in the mud with the pigs and fought dirty. Lyft just followed, walked in and pretended to be “better” than Uber.

At their core they are the same. Lyft just let Uber do the heavy lifting and grab market share. They’re quite content to be number 2 in most markets.

They chose some cheery PR and stunts to try and attract customers. It’s actually worked pretty well.

dmoney155

• Cold Weather Returned.

Went out today cuz I was in downtownish area (and got new wheel bearing)... yes, potholes are brutal... I either gonna bust another bearing, or get a ticket for waving all over the road.

Ended up with 2 trips in course of 4 hours.. mind you I was select mode only, and then destination. Got 1 select and one 1.6x regular surge on way home.
Post automatically merged:

This is becoming more apparent every day. The moment LYFT goes full @@@@@@@ (as in Uber 2017), I stop driving.
Get tesla and join that eco airport force.

uber_from_the north

• Cold Weather Returned.

I was about to say I’m taking your ant spot but I’m on uber only. And besides I just came from almost 2 weeks hiatus.

I became lazy. I am trying to get my groove back again before finances run short.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tell us how cold is it in your cabin.... or how much fuel you've burned keeping the car warm... playing taxi in winter is a loose proposition. Good luck man.
Once it drops below -11C , The VOLT has regular starts and stops with the engine. This needlessly burns gas, even when there is plenty of battery. My desire to drive drops when I have to burn dinosaur-juice to shuttle PAX around.

uber_from_the north

Tell us how cold is it in your cabin.... or how much fuel you've burned keeping the car warm... playing taxi in winter is a loose proposition. Good luck man.
Once it drops below -11C , The VOLT has regular starts and stops with the engine. This needlessly burns gas, even when there is plenty of battery. My desire to drive drops when I have to burn dinosaur-juice to shuttle PAX around.
You 2 are trying to be Capt. obvious to tell me to go home hahaha Don’t worry few mins more like this and I’m done