• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why, exactly, do you do it?

Greenfox

IS IT THE MONEY???

Do you do it for the FAME?

DO yoU dO iT foR the Social Praise?

DO It dO IT BECAUSE your MOTHER told you to?

WHY do you (autie) SCHLUBER?
Why do you UNCLE Gryfft?

FEED ME REASONS

(the more honest the beSTesT,,, for you and ME!!!!!!)

Dekero

I actually enjoy meeting the people.. but please don't get it twisted... I'm not going to do it for free. I will be making money if I'm gonna do it ..

Always kinda cool to hear where people are from and how they ended up in my car...

Reactions: mch

Greenfox

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Everyone needs a hobby. Plus there’s the community service benefit.
I actually did community service twice in a row-

old lady with BAGS of groceries for a ride I could SEE (through uber x vision in the bay) that the trip was LESS thAN A MILE- from the damn grocery store to her house, (and HELPED her load and unload) - 0 tip. $3.95 <-----

THEN!!

Took a lady to the dmv it was CLOSED she was freezing and BROKE and I took her back for free (old spanish woman)

THEN!!! exactly 72 hours later I got a $75.00 airport ride and a $20.00 dollar tip. Yum.
Post automatically merged:

Market research for my serial killing hobby.
Epic. (Almost for the win)

100% flexible and nearly 100% stress free.
Flexible is probably the biggest reason I suckle Uncle Gryfft's tit

Dekero

old lady with BAGS of groceries for a ride I could SEE (through uber x vision in the bay) that the trip was LESS thAN A MILE- from the damn grocery store to her house, (and HELPED her load and unload) - 0 tip. $3.95 <-----

THEN!!

Took a lady to the dmv it was CLOSED she was freezing and BROKE and I took her back for free (old spanish woman)

THEN!!! exactly 72 hours later I got a $75.00 airport ride and a $20.00 dollar tip. Yum.

Isn't Karma a wonderful and real thing!!

OG ant

IS IT THE MONEY???

Do you do it for the FAME?

DO yoU dO iT foR the Social Praise?

DO It dO IT BECAUSE your MOTHER told you to?

WHY do you (autie) SCHLUBER?
Why do you UNCLE Gryfft?

FEED ME REASONS

(the more honest the beSTesT,,, for you and ME!!!!!!)
I do it for the flexibility mainly! But also like driving, meeting new people, seeing new places, finding out about great restaurants and making friends. Also I kinda like how aggresive some females are to get my number.

VanGuy

I painted myself into a corner and unless I wanna be paying off massive debts for the rest of my life I'll be needing some extra income. And the flexibility lets me do other things like hang out with my daughter as needed/wanted.

Mkang14

I do it because it's the easiest way to earn money with the least amount of effort. After a fulltime day job I only have a little more to give. Driving and dealing with people is super easy.

But again I've been told by someone here that I like to live dangerously and on the edge 😂.

I took the day off from work today because I just wasn't feeling it. I drove probably 12 to 14 hours from start to finish and I couldn't believe how easy / stress-free my day was.
100% agree.

Searching for my trophy wife, I'm must a ping away
With your personality you'll find that lucky lady. But she better be prepared to laugh so much she gets a tummy ache 🤒

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I do it because it's the easiest way to earn money with the least amount of effort. After a fulltime day job I only have a little more to give. Driving and dealing with people is super easy.

But again I've been told by someone here that I like to live dangerously and on the edge 😂.

100% agree.

With your personality you'll find that lucky lady. But she better be prepared to laugh so much she gets a tummy ache 🤒
Yeah your first paragraph nailed it. People sometimes can't understand why I don't do something more lucrative for a second job. The fact of the matter is after my stressful day job I need something fun and easy, not another psychological burden.

Greenfox

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah your first paragraph nailed it. People sometimes can't understand why I don't do something more lucrative for a second job. The fact of the matter is after my stressful day job I need something fun and easy, not another psychological burden.
I tell people I do it for stress relief. No one believes me. I then tell my PAX'ES! And I get TIPS!

I make them laugh, you see. I'm like a portable, SUMMONABLE personal comic and clown mixed into a meeseeks box.

It really is fun. I can putty with their mind, I can be a doctor, a preacher, a baseball club dealer, it's just great. Its like choose your own adventure where you chase mario coins in real life and you can choose to break the 4th wall and let the pax in on it.

the irony is that, although initially summoned to be THEIR entertainment, they end up being YOURS. What a system!

And I do love the driving - I guess I could be an amazing tour guide with how well I've learned the damn bay area!

A portable !! x map + FOX! I really am marketable.

1.5xorbust

THEN!!

Flexible is probably the biggest reason I suckle Uncle Gryfft's tit
That’s a feel good story.

Lostinthemix

First off money- second to social interaction- third having conversations with people who ordinarily I’d never have an opportunity to have a conversation with.