Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Why don't you get it Fluber.., I'm not interested in Uber pro...lol

1K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  jgiun1 
#1 ·
I turned down another 30 something rides tonight and actually did good on Lyft with Uber running in the background pinging away and timing out.

Now if they said you can earn old surge multiplier to earn back what they are stealing off nigh drunks fares...I'd be at 100%

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm interested! Trying to figure out why I wasn't among the chosen few during their beta in RVA.

One benefit I'm interested in, as are other drivers I've spoken with, is the online classes. Being able to see more about my performance and info on the rides is also nice.

Hell, it's a shit gig, anything extra is appreciated.

And I don't have pool in my market.

Reactions: jgiun1
#17 ·
I remember being able to see these stats in app as well.

what's bizarre is Uber actually sent me an email telling me that I didn't get selected for the beta program of Uber Pro in the DFW area. the only thing I can think of is because my prior week's acceptance rate was around 59 percent, while I only gave them 13 rides. Otherwise, my acceptance rate is typically 87% plus. Whatever. I got my appreciation bonus and invite to buy the IPO.
Same here in Richmond. Went to the hub, seems that people were selected at random. I wasn't among them.

The agent said she would talk to her boss to ask if they could force it, going back on Monday to see what she figured out.

All the ants will eat that pro shit up. It's like a picnic to them. And it's great for me, because I'll be less likely to get pool requests. I'm grateful for the ants. Never step on an ant. They play an import part in the Uber ecosystem.
I don't get what the hate is about this. Uber is actually giving drivers better perks and information. I have also heard a lot of drivers talking about the online classes. Maybe they'll get an edumacation and stop driving.

#7 ·
I like it, did a nice $272 yesterday

One thing that Pissed me off though was sitting in Hot Zone with $4.25 at the MSP Airport ...on My Screen Pops up Terminal 1 $4.25 AND it showed it to be a 30 minute drive . Dropped the PAX and seen $22.50 ..not sure what the deal was ...Uber showed they charged PAX $46- I got $22 ...

The only saving part was PAX tipped $20

#11 ·
Yeah it was X ..The problem is I still had surge pricing in my head instead of base rate multiplier ..still ...seems like I should have been looking @ $30+ ..

Just seen an update on the ride ..from $22 to $24.. still they took almost half ....I generally get 60-70%

Anyway ..Back on Topic.. Cant make a definitive on UberPro yet ..I want to see at least a months work of data to see if the "quality" of trips increase as well as Pay if we meet the acceptance and cancelation rates they want...but yesterday was overall pretty good

#14 ·
what's bizarre is Uber actually sent me an email telling me that I didn't get selected for the beta program of Uber Pro in the DFW area. the only thing I can think of is because my prior week's acceptance rate was around 59 percent, while I only gave them 13 rides. Otherwise, my acceptance rate is typically 87% plus. Whatever. I got my appreciation bonus and invite to buy the IPO.

#21 ·
Uber was referring to Gold status in some of the emails they sent me, but in the app it’s just Partner. Or maybe it should be Pardner here in Texas. :biggrin:

Didn’t get the complimentary upgrade email, though. Guess they decided that my 3% acceptance rate wasn’t good enough. :roflmao:

#23 ·
When they first introduced Uber Pro (this past November) in my market I was selected for it. I maintained the benefits for only 1 month then my acceptance rate fell below 85%. It was stuck on 84%. I did about 30 rides without declining any rides with hopes of my acceptance rate to get over 85% BUT my acceptance rating remained at 84%. That is statistically impossible. I called support asking them to calculate my acceptance rate manually because I'm stuck on 84% and of course they did nothing about it. So after that phone call I just went back to how I was before Uber Pro. I didn't worry about the acceptance rate. On Feb 1st they reset everyone back to 100% and 0% cancellation and I was once again qualified for Uber Platinum because I had enough points for it

I stopped driving on a regular basis around the opening Mardi Gras parades back in February (they dropped the new surge model in this market right before the start of our busy Tourist Season). As of this writing I've driven a total of 14 hours since mid Feb. So needless to say a few days ago on May 1st when the new period began I did not meet the points necessary to maintain my platinum rewards. It didn't matter though because maintaining 85% and 4% cancellation rates are hard if you don't blindly accept everything which I don't. So what's the point of being able to take a sneak peak of the Estimated Trip Duration at the "Ping" stage if I'm going to be punished for not Accepting the Ride???? Who in their right mind would enroll in school based off this flimsy program that can be taken away so quickly?? Heck you can be deactivated completely if the right person file the right kind of false report!

Also why should I be punished for cancelling on a No Show Passenger? Or cancelling on a Minor trying to get a Ride without an adult or cancelling on Hood Rat Rayesha or Trailer Trash Tonya for trying to get in my car with their baby with no car seat? Or how about cancelling on a party of 6 trying to turn my UberX car into an Uber XL??? Personally I always ran with a 10% cancellation rate and that's just me cancelling when I need to. I'm not even the type to purposely "Shuffle" anyone. I'm just cancelling due to normal stuff.

Overall, Uber Pro is just another elaborate form of control. They sent me a message that after July 31st the extra few nickels they are giving Uber Pro Drivers are going away.

#27 · (Edited)
I d

I didn't mean to sound so hateful. But most of the older drivers are very particular about who we pick up, and will never be eligible.
Yep!!!!

When they first introduced Uber Pro (this past November) in my market I was selected for it. I maintained the benefits for only 1 month then my acceptance rate fell below 85%. It was stuck on 84%. I did about 30 rides without declining any rides with hopes of my acceptance rate to get over 85% BUT my acceptance rating remained at 84%. That is statistically impossible. I called support asking them to calculate my acceptance rate manually because I'm stuck on 84% and of course they did nothing about it. So after that phone call I just went back to how I was before Uber Pro. I didn't worry about the acceptance rate. On Feb 1st they reset everyone back to 100% and 0% cancellation and I was once again qualified for Uber Platinum because I had enough points for it

I stopped driving on a regular basis around the opening Mardi Gras parades back in February (they dropped the new surge model in this market right before the start of our busy Tourist Season). As of this writing I've driven a total of 14 hours since mid Feb. So needless to say a few days ago on May 1st when the new period began I did not meet the points necessary to maintain my platinum rewards. It didn't matter though because maintaining 85% and 4% cancellation rates are hard if you don't blindly accept everything which I don't. So what's the point of being able to take a sneak peak of the Estimated Trip Duration at the "Ping" stage if I'm going to be punished for not Accepting the Ride???? Who in their right mind would enroll in school based off this flimsy program that can be taken away so quickly?? Heck you can be deactivated completely if the right person file the right kind of false report!

Also why should I be punished for cancelling on a No Show Passenger? Or cancelling on a Minor trying to get a Ride without an adult or cancelling on Hood Rat Rayesha or Trailer Trash Tonya for trying to get in my car with their baby with no car seat? Or how about cancelling on a party of 6 trying to turn my UberX car into an Uber XL??? Personally I always ran with a 10% cancellation rate and that's just me cancelling when I need to. I'm not even the type to purposely "Shuffle" anyone. I'm just cancelling due to normal stuff.

Overall, Uber Pro is just another elaborate form of control. They sent me a message that after July 31st the extra few nickels they are giving Uber Pro Drivers are going away.
Yep....control for sure. I couldn't imagine myself taking those 18 minute away 4.50 pax just to get what.....NOTHING!!!! Any scam fuel reward car that has to involve getting a Uber card also....been at my insured bank for 25 years and doesn't involve going to Walmart to load personal money.....lol

Jusr reading the legal stuff they put in the small writing about changing, canceling etc. anything in the program when they want said to me....ME good, stay away

#28 ·
App shows I have a 4.96, 0% cancels but only 32% acceptance. Why? Because Uber keeps bombarding me with new trips while I'm on a trip--I like to queue up the next trip, but if I have 15 minutes estimated to my rider's destination and I keep getting pinged for pickups that are 5 minutes away, I obviously can't take that one. Anyone else seeing the same?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.