1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why don't we strike?

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Erkan Balaban, Dec 20, 2018.

1. flyntflossy10

flyntflossy10

Driving:
    UberX
    speak for yourself white man.
    im none of the above right there

JimKE likes this.
  2. hrswartz

hrswartz

Driving:
    UberX
    Whoa daddy... speak for yourself. None of that applies to me. I drive, yes for remuneration, but mainly to get outa the house and socialize with my fellow humans... As my good buddy Mark has said... It is better to let people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Moonbatty likes this.
  3. mrpjfresh

mrpjfresh

Driving:
    UberX
    THIS time it's definitely for real! C'mon you guys! Follow Erkan. We're going striking!!!!!

were-going-streaking-gif-1.gif

Wait... I'll have to catch up. Apparently my account needs attention. It's probably nothing...

ECOMCON, Cableguynoe and Uber's Guber like this.
  4. Linaka blu

Linaka blu

Sure, we get that thanks..

Ditto, high fives, kudos to all of u drivers who r using Uber specifically as a stepping stone to get to where u want to go... therefore strikes & other ignorant activity is unnecessary..never going to happen..

5. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber as a stepping stone to get to where you want to go? LOL!
    Uber will step all over you, then stone you to death, before you ever get to where you want to go in life.

peteyvavs likes this.
  6. Gip

Gip

My first time here and boy are there some angry folks here! People, we are not obligated to drive for Uber, period. Personally, I drive because I want to, I enjoy getting out when I want to and work as much or as little as I want to. I knew what I was getting into and it's just what I expected. All that said, there's nothing worse than being in a job one is unhappy with, simply find something else.

JimKE and Tarvus like this.
  7. Soars

Soars

Imo, we should try to organize national protests the week of their IPO. If we are able to spook investors we'd get their attention.

8. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    ...so.....hows the strike going?

Uber's Guber likes this.
  9. go ahead and strike, just means the people not striking will have more rides

The problem is they can’t find something else, the posts they post just show how desperate they really are. If I was them I would find a 10 dollar an hour job or whatever they can get for 8 hours a day and then drive another 4 or 5 hours to make ends meet. At least the 8 hour a day pay would be guaranteed money to pay bills. Uber isn’t guaranteed money, it’s luck of the draw if your picked for the next ride.

Merc7186 and mrpjfresh like this.
  10. injera

injera

But herein lies my question. Wages are low, i get that. Lets say you strike and fares double. Great.

But double the price doesnt mean double the revenue. Many pax will stop using rideshare, or use rideshare less often (bus, train, ride from friends, driving themselves to/from the bar). If prices doubled you'd also have more drivers signing up. So rates go up, supply of drivers increases, # of riders decreases. Yes, your ride now earns you twice as much but you're only getting 1/3 of the rides you used to get?

Is that better? I dont know?? But you can't pretend all uber would have to do is double the fares and you'd be raking in the $$$.

Uber's Guber likes this.
  11. crowuber

crowuber

Please strike, then I might actually drive more than 4 days out of the month!

12. ysosrs

ysosrs

Make your own application with your conditions/prices etc and rule the company, what the problem?

Uber's Guber likes this.
  13. ColdRider

ColdRider

LMAO.

Low income person driving a Lincoln in San Francisco. What could go wrong?

14. Nats121

Nats121

If uber would stop squandering billions on trying to become bigger than Amazon, there'd be plenty of money available to pay drivers a decent wage.

Only the bottom-feeder loss leader fares may have to double, and if most of those pax go back riding the bus, it's no great loss.

Many fares are high enough now to support a decent wage, and if some have to go up, most pax will pay it. They're enjoying the convenience of rideshare too much to stop using it. And many pax don't even know how much they're paying for their rides anyway.
    The number of riders will not decrease dramatically. If some former bus rider bottom feeders go back to riding the bus, so what.

If I can get paid decent rates, I'll gladly take my chances dealing with any increase in the supply of drivers that would result from a pay raise.

15. problem is uber drivers don't stick around long enough to strike, 40% of uber drivers work less than 10 hrs a week,3rd, most drivers are broke,can't afford to strike,& Uber knows this, next question,jmo

OH yeah, there are 20 drivers to take your spot if you decide to strike, + as long as more people want to sign up then quit team Uber, then Uber doesn't give a flying @%@%@% about us,GL,JMO

Merc7186 likes this.
  16. I will be there....... that's my answer for now.

Attached Files:

17. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    2 hours.....LOL.

During the middle of the workday.....LOL

On a monday, no less.....LOL.

Let me know how that works out...Im sure Uber is gonna feel that drastic downturn in income.

18. That ain’t gonna get it done. LOL

19. ECOMCON

ECOMCON

[​IMG]

Agreed, So so very old
    [​IMG]

Once again, 1% of USA uber drivers are on this website
    Do u know what a 1% participation strike is called?
    “Nothing”
    Because no one will notice

If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If AMAZONIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If BUSESIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If UBER DIDIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If WAGESIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If THE PASSENGERS DIDIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If TRAVISIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If MONEYIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If THE ECONOMY If If If If If If If If If If If If LENDERSIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If TRUMPIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If MY GREAT AUNT FANNY If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If DARAIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If USAIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If MY GRANDMOTHER If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If DECREASESIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If PAY RAISEIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If SUPPORTIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If SERVICE ANIMALSIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If

:punch:You tell ‘em Rocky !!!:punch:

Correction: :punch: You tell ‘em Apollo !!!:punch:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Rakos, Pax Collector and NorCalPhil like this.