• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why don't we strike?

flyntflossy10

They know we are desperate for a little income , they know we are low income people, they know we have bad credits, they know we don't have any skill to use for another job so they just force us to the edge of the cliff every day with this incredible wages.
speak for yourself white man.
im none of the above right there

hrswartz

They know we are desperate for a little income , they know we are low income people, they know we have bad credits, they know we don't have any skill to use for another job so they just force us to the edge of the cliff every day with this incredible wages. .
Whoa daddy... speak for yourself. None of that applies to me. I drive, yes for remuneration, but mainly to get outa the house and socialize with my fellow humans... As my good buddy Mark has said... It is better to let people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Linaka blu

Whoa daddy... speak for yourself. None of that applies to me. I drive, yes for remuneration, but mainly to get outa the house and socialize with my fellow humans... As my good buddy Mark has said... It is better to let people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
Sure, we get that thanks..

Ditto, high fives, kudos to all of u drivers who r using Uber specifically as a stepping stone to get to where u want to go... therefore strikes & other ignorant activity is unnecessary..never going to happen..

Uber's Guber

Sure, we get that thanks.. Ditto, high fives, kudos to all of u drivers who r using Uber specifically as a stepping stone to get to where u want to go... therefore strikes & other ignorant activity is unnecessary..never going to happen..
Uber as a stepping stone to get to where you want to go? LOL!
Uber will step all over you, then stone you to death, before you ever get to where you want to go in life.

Gip

My first time here and boy are there some angry folks here! People, we are not obligated to drive for Uber, period. Personally, I drive because I want to, I enjoy getting out when I want to and work as much or as little as I want to. I knew what I was getting into and it's just what I expected. All that said, there's nothing worse than being in a job one is unhappy with, simply find something else.

Las Vegas Dude

go ahead and strike, just means the people not striking will have more rides

My first time here and boy are there some angry folks here! People, we are not obligated to drive for Uber, period. Personally, I drive because I want to, I enjoy getting out when I want to and work as much or as little as I want to. I knew what I was getting into and it's just what I expected. All that said, there's nothing worse than being in a job one is unhappy with, simply find something else.
The problem is they can’t find something else, the posts they post just show how desperate they really are. If I was them I would find a 10 dollar an hour job or whatever they can get for 8 hours a day and then drive another 4 or 5 hours to make ends meet. At least the 8 hour a day pay would be guaranteed money to pay bills. Uber isn’t guaranteed money, it’s luck of the draw if your picked for the next ride.

injera

But herein lies my question. Wages are low, i get that. Lets say you strike and fares double. Great.

But double the price doesnt mean double the revenue. Many pax will stop using rideshare, or use rideshare less often (bus, train, ride from friends, driving themselves to/from the bar). If prices doubled you'd also have more drivers signing up. So rates go up, supply of drivers increases, # of riders decreases. Yes, your ride now earns you twice as much but you're only getting 1/3 of the rides you used to get?

Is that better? I dont know?? But you can't pretend all uber would have to do is double the fares and you'd be raking in the $$$.

Nats121

Lets say you strike and fares double.
If uber would stop squandering billions on trying to become bigger than Amazon, there'd be plenty of money available to pay drivers a decent wage.

Only the bottom-feeder loss leader fares may have to double, and if most of those pax go back riding the bus, it's no great loss.

Many fares are high enough now to support a decent wage, and if some have to go up, most pax will pay it. They're enjoying the convenience of rideshare too much to stop using it. And many pax don't even know how much they're paying for their rides anyway.
So rates go up, supply of drivers increases, # of riders decreases. Yes, your ride now earns you twice as much but you're only getting 1/3 of the rides you used to get?
The number of riders will not decrease dramatically. If some former bus rider bottom feeders go back to riding the bus, so what.

If I can get paid decent rates, I'll gladly take my chances dealing with any increase in the supply of drivers that would result from a pay raise.

1974toyota

Seriously, rideshare drivers I can not stand for this bullshit and let it to hurts us every day again and again. I drive in San Francisco and I drove in San Diego and Los Angeles before. I was a private car service driver(limo) before uber long time ago. This has been my job , this is how I make my income my living.
But right now I'm in a place where I can not stand for this scammer anymore. I'm calling uber or Lyft at least couple times to complain about fares or rude passengers who have egos of a god. I'm driving an expensive car , a Lincoln and I can not tell how much I lost in only one year. They know we are desperate for a little income , they know we are low income people, they know we have bad credits, they know we don't have any skill to use for another job so they just force us to the edge of the cliff every day with this incredible wages. We have to stand up for this crap together or we will be destroyed one by one.

I will be waiting for your answers and suggestions. If you already started a movement or part of an organization to fight this scam bags I will be happy to hear or join your organization. I have nothing to lose but my chains. If you think that you don't have chains because you can work whenever you want that's mean is you are seriously blind in your brain or something totally wrong with your brain. Thank you for your time friends and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

By the way I strongly suggest you to read a great article from Forbes about uber. Just Google it you can find it easily. It is a deep article goes deep with history of cabs from New York to today's uber world.
problem is uber drivers don't stick around long enough to strike, 40% of uber drivers work less than 10 hrs a week,3rd, most drivers are broke,can't afford to strike,& Uber knows this, next question,jmo

Seriously, rideshare drivers I can not stand for this bullshit and let it to hurts us every day again and again. I drive in San Francisco and I drove in San Diego and Los Angeles before. I was a private car service driver(limo) before uber long time ago. This has been my job , this is how I make my income my living.
But right now I'm in a place where I can not stand for this scammer anymore. I'm calling uber or Lyft at least couple times to complain about fares or rude passengers who have egos of a god. I'm driving an expensive car , a Lincoln and I can not tell how much I lost in only one year. They know we are desperate for a little income , they know we are low income people, they know we have bad credits, they know we don't have any skill to use for another job so they just force us to the edge of the cliff every day with this incredible wages. We have to stand up for this crap together or we will be destroyed one by one.

I will be waiting for your answers and suggestions. If you already started a movement or part of an organization to fight this scam bags I will be happy to hear or join your organization. I have nothing to lose but my chains. If you think that you don't have chains because you can work whenever you want that's mean is you are seriously blind in your brain or something totally wrong with your brain. Thank you for your time friends and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

By the way I strongly suggest you to read a great article from Forbes about uber. Just Google it you can find it easily. It is a deep article goes deep with history of cabs from New York to today's uber world.
OH yeah, there are 20 drivers to take your spot if you decide to strike, + as long as more people want to sign up then quit team Uber, then Uber doesn't give a flying @%@%@% about us,GL,JMO

Merc7186

2 hours.....LOL.

During the middle of the workday.....LOL

On a monday, no less.....LOL.

Let me know how that works out...Im sure Uber is gonna feel that drastic downturn in income.

ECOMCON

I'm not striking because I'm ready to jump ship when Uber is done for after their IPO. Why waste my time on something I can easily walk away from?

There's your mistake. Smart drivers get a beater and drive it into the ground. Rinse and repeat.

Please, speak for yourself. Not everyone is on that boat.

But that's the exact reason I'm doing it. The freedom to do it whenever I want on top of my day job.

I see the problem is you're dependent on Uber. It wasn't meant to be a real job.

Learn a skill, go drive bus (Muni is hiring), go work any minimum wage jobs for that matter. There are many options and opportunities. Don't convince yourself that ridesharing is the only thing you're capable of doing.

Welcome to the forum Uber AI bots...

Looks like they are in full swing tonight...

While it IS entertaining...

It does get old after a while...8>O

Notice how the timing is late at night...

When these "new members" begin...

Their poorly written diatribes.. 8>O

Prolly the same troll farms...

That brought us the Big Orange monkey...

The monkey thinks they get a kick...

Out of doing this...

AND putting Uber down..8>)

They must be practising and gathering...

Intel getting ready for 2020...

Oh well...still think the monkey...

Can do better than this...8>)

Rakos
View attachment 283605
Agreed, So so very old

Once again, 1% of USA uber drivers are on this website
Do u know what a 1% participation strike is called?
“Nothing”
Because no one will notice

If uber would stop squandering billions on trying to become bigger than Amazon, there'd be plenty of money available to pay drivers a decent wage.

Only the bottom-feeder loss leader fares may have to double, and if most of those pax go back riding the bus, it's no great loss.

Many fares are high enough now to support a decent wage, and if some have to go up, most pax will pay it. They're enjoying the convenience of rideshare too much to stop using it. And many pax don't even know how much they're paying for their rides anyway.

The number of riders will not decrease dramatically. If some former bus rider bottom feeders go back to riding the bus, so what.

If I can get paid decent rates, I'll gladly take my chances dealing with any increase in the supply of drivers that would result from a pay raise.
If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If AMAZONIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If BUSESIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If UBER DIDIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If WAGESIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If THE PASSENGERS DIDIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If TRAVISIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If MONEYIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If THE ECONOMY If If If If If If If If If If If If LENDERSIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If TRUMPIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If MY GREAT AUNT FANNY If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If DARAIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If USAIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If MY GRANDMOTHER If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If DECREASESIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If PAY RAISEIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If SUPPORTIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If SERVICE ANIMALSIf If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If

speak for yourself white man.
im none of the above right there
:punch:You tell ‘em Rocky !!!:punch:

Correction: :punch: You tell ‘em Apollo !!!:punch:

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Maddo Sydney 1
Uber Crack Stories 27
S New York City 8