• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why don't we strike?

Erkan Balaban

Seriously, rideshare drivers I can not stand for this bullshit and let it to hurts us every day again and again. I drive in San Francisco and I drove in San Diego and Los Angeles before. I was a private car service driver(limo) before uber long time ago. This has been my job , this is how I make my income my living.
But right now I'm in a place where I can not stand for this scammer anymore. I'm calling uber or Lyft at least couple times to complain about fares or rude passengers who have egos of a god. I'm driving an expensive car , a Lincoln and I can not tell how much I lost in only one year. They know we are desperate for a little income , they know we are low income people, they know we have bad credits, they know we don't have any skill to use for another job so they just force us to the edge of the cliff every day with this incredible wages. We have to stand up for this crap together or we will be destroyed one by one.

I will be waiting for your answers and suggestions. If you already started a movement or part of an organization to fight this scam bags I will be happy to hear or join your organization. I have nothing to lose but my chains. If you think that you don't have chains because you can work whenever you want that's mean is you are seriously blind in your brain or something totally wrong with your brain. Thank you for your time friends and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

By the way I strongly suggest you to read a great article from Forbes about uber. Just Google it you can find it easily. It is a deep article goes deep with history of cabs from New York to today's uber world.

UberBeemer

A strike would be feasible if there were organization and communication among drivers. Only a small % of drivers are members here.

One reason these companies never slow down their recruitment efforts is that it immunizes them from both of these things.

Pax Collector

I'm not striking because I'm ready to jump ship when Uber is done for after their IPO. Why waste my time on something I can easily walk away from?
I'm driving an expensive car , a Lincoln and I can not tell how much I lost in only one year.
There's your mistake. Smart drivers get a beater and drive it into the ground. Rinse and repeat.

they know we are low income people, they know we have bad credits, they know we don't have any skill
Please, speak for yourself. Not everyone is on that boat.

If you think that you don't have chains because you can work whenever you want that's mean is you are seriously blind in your brain or something totally wrong with your brain
But that's the exact reason I'm doing it. The freedom to do it whenever I want on top of my day job.

I see the problem is you're dependent on Uber. It wasn't meant to be a real job.

Learn a skill, go drive bus (Muni is hiring), go work any minimum wage jobs for that matter. There are many options and opportunities. Don't convince yourself that ridesharing is the only thing you're capable of doing.

Seamus

Seriously, rideshare drivers I can not stand for this bullshit and let it to hurts us every day again and again. I drive in San Francisco and I drove in San Diego and Los Angeles before. I was a private car service driver(limo) before uber long time ago. This has been my job , this is how I make my income my living.
But right now I'm in a place where I can not stand for this scammer anymore. I'm calling uber or Lyft at least couple times to complain about fares or rude passengers who have egos of a god. I'm driving an expensive car , a Lincoln and I can not tell how much I lost in only one year. They know we are desperate for a little income , they know we are low income people, they know we have bad credits, they know we don't have any skill to use for another job so they just force us to the edge of the cliff every day with this incredible wages. We have to stand up for this crap together or we will be destroyed one by one.

I will be waiting for your answers and suggestions. If you already started a movement or part of an organization to fight this scam bags I will be happy to hear or join your organization. I have nothing to lose but my chains. If you think that you don't have chains because you can work whenever you want that's mean is you are seriously blind in your brain or something totally wrong with your brain. Thank you for your time friends and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

By the way I strongly suggest you to read a great article from Forbes about uber. Just Google it you can find it easily. It is a deep article goes deep with history of cabs from New York to today's uber world.
Do a search and you are about the thousandth person posting the same old line. Here is your problem, most do this for extra or supplemental income and aren't in the position you describe.

Good luck.

Seamus

Because most drivers are weekend warriors with no skin in the game and no balls.
No skin in the game....yes. No balls.......hardly. Obviously your angry.

They're perfectly happy whoring for their pimps and getting slapped around for just a few pennies from their pimps.
OR, alternatively they are smart enough to have strategy that makes this fulfill their needs for supplemental income. However, I agree with your description of the blind ants who won't last 6 months.

Erkan Balaban

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not striking because I'm ready to jump ship when Uber is done for after their IPO. Why waste my time on something I can easily walk away from?

There's your mistake. Smart drivers get a beater and drive it into the ground. Rinse and repeat.

Please, speak for yourself. Not everyone is on that boat.

But that's the exact reason I'm doing it. The freedom to do it whenever I want on top of my day job.

I see the problem is you're dependent on Uber. It wasn't meant to be a real job.

Learn a skill, go drive bus (Muni is hiring), go work any minimum wage jobs for that matter. There are many options and opportunities. Don't convince yourself that ridesharing is the only thing you're capable of doing.
Look it's your problem then if you have your plans and act as an individual then don't reply at all I don't need your opinion.

About the vehicle I drive, I used to drive a 2007 Prius until it broke down and mechanics asked 3k to fix it. Like most of the people I don't have 3k to fix a prius while I'm only able to pay my rent and bills with uber. So I decided to get a new car but guess what I don't have good credit so I couldn't get a civic or prius. Later with a friends help I found another guy who wants to rent his Lincoln so I got this Lincoln because I didn't have any choice,my rent was due and I had to work asap. Most people are same. They have only couple grands in their hands and it doesnt buy a car to meet with ubers criteria and they use this money as a down for a brand new car. That's how they put another chain in their neck.
You can be a rich or middle income guy but what you write or say doesn't help what I say so please take your crap somewhere else. Because I saw you here I read what you wrote about other topics and I decided you are a butt sucker of cooperations. I know your kind and I can recognize anywhere right away. I don't make this page dirty with an arguement with you because that's your purpose to block this kind of movements . I don't let you to win or uber. Soon or later they have to change and you can understand then what I mean.

Ok most of the people are weekend warriors but how about you ? !... I'm not only a weekend warrior. I work always like most of you. We have to meet , organize ourself before trying to meet or organize other people. I was in many anti war organization or human rights or women rights meetings and this things only start if there are handful 5 to 10 people who really wants this change. If there are some people in this type of organization you already know let me know too or we can meet and make an organization's of our own. Don't tell me anything about who drives for uber. I already know . I have been long enough in this game to know who is who.
Thank you

Seamus

Look it's your problem then if you have your plans and act as an individual then don't reply at all I don't need your opinion.now you understand why there never is a strike, you just dismissed 90% of drivers.

About the vehicle I drive, I used to drive a 2007 Prius until it broke down and mechanics asked 3k to fix it. Like most of the people (wrong)I don't have 3k to fix a prius while I'm only able to pay my rent and bills with uber. So I decided to get a new car (don't have enough money to fix a car so you buy a new car????)but guess what I don't have good credit so I couldn't get a civic or prius. (Wtf does that have to do with what car you buy???)Later with a friends help I found another guy who wants to rent his Lincoln so I got this Lincoln because I didn't have any choice,my rent was due and I had to work asap. Most people are same.(wrong again)They have only couple grands in their hands and it doesnt buy a car to meet with ubers criteria and they use this money as a down for a brand new car. That's how they put another chain in their neck.
You can be a rich or middle income guy but what you write or say doesn't help what I say so please take your crap somewhere else. Because I saw you here I read what you wrote about other topics and I decided you are a butt sucker of cooperations. I know your kind and I can recognize anywhere right away. I don't make this page dirty with an arguement with you (yes you did)because that's your purpose to block this kind of movements .not at all just heard your regurgitations many times before I don't let you to win or uber. Soon or later they have to change and you can understand then what I mean.
your biggest problem is that we aren't all as stupid as you would like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pax Collector

Look it's your problem then if you have your plans and act as an individual then don't reply at all I don't need your opinion.
Well, you did ask for our answers and suggestions. Just because you're not hearing what you want to hear, don't get upset.
Because I saw you here I read what you wrote about other topics and I decided you are a butt sucker of cooperations. I know your kind and I can recognize anywhere right away. I don't make this page dirty with an arguement with you because that's your purpose to block this kind of movements . I don't let you to win or uber.
Seems like you need Uber; Very much so. Sadly, Uber doesn't need you. You're an expendable warm body just like the rest of us. The problem is you think that just because you and other drivers alike gathered and made some noise, things will change. Unfortunately, you're a small minority. The market is saturated with people that drive less than 20 hours a week for extra cash.

If I were you, I would look for a long term job or a career instead of trying to beat a dead horse. Ridesharing will fail.

Rakos

Welcome to the forum Uber AI bots...

Looks like they are in full swing tonight...

While it IS entertaining...

It does get old after a while...8>O

Notice how the timing is late at night...

When these "new members" begin...

Their poorly written diatribes.. 8>O

Prolly the same troll farms...

That brought us the Big Orange monkey...

The monkey thinks they get a kick...

Out of doing this...

AND putting Uber down..8>)

They must be practising and gathering...

Intel getting ready for 2020...

Oh well...still think the monkey...

Can do better than this...8>)

Rakos
PSX_20181221_001347.jpg

Uber's Guber

They know we are desperate for a little income, they know we are low income people, they know we have bad credits, they know we don't have any skill to use for another job so they just force us to the edge of the cliff every day with this incredible wages.
Speak for yourself!
Most will agree that Uber treats the drivers like shit, but anybody who got sucked into believing that Ubering was going to be a self-sustaining livelihood only has themselves to blame.
I don't wish a crappy life for anyone. Hopefully you are still at a place in time were you can train to do something that provides sustainability for you. Uber was never that place or time, it's just a side gig that can end quickly with one bogus customer complaint.
Just my opinion anyway.

Nats121

It wasn't meant to be a real job.
That myth has been debunked numerous times.

Uber used to actively recruit FULL TIME drivers.

Uber had to pay a multi million dollar settlement for falsely advertising that full time drivers were AVERAGING $90,000 per year in NYC and $74,000 in San Francisco working 40 hours per week.

They also encouraged drivers to invest in fleets, which after the rate cuts resulted in many bankruptcies and repos.

A strike would be feasible if there were organization and communication among drivers. Only a small % of drivers are members here.

One reason these companies never slow down their recruitment efforts is that it immunizes them from both of these things.
Uber needs 2 things to keep our pay rates in the toilet...

1) A continuous supply of REPLACEMENT DRIVERS

2) HIDING DESTINATIONS from drivers during ping.

If Uber were to lose EITHER of those things, pay rates would RISE SHARPLY.

As long as driving jobs remain popular, uber's supply of replacement drivers will remain at high levels.

Pax Collector

That myth has been debunked numerous times.

Uber used to actively recruit FULL TIME drivers.

Uber had to pay a multi million dollar settlement for falsely advertising that full time drivers were AVERAGING $90,000 per year in NYC and $74,000 in San Francisco working 40 hours per week.

They also encouraged drivers to invest in fleets, which after the rate cuts resulted in many bankruptcies and repos.
That's where doing due diligence comes into play. Ridesharing is nothing other than a gig funded by Venture Capitalists. Where do you think all those subsidized rides are coming from? Your quests, your boosts, referral bonuses? That's right. From the more than $20 billion funding pool.

How does working for a company that hasn't posted a single profit in almost 10 years and has no possible way of doing so for the forseeable future qualify as a sustainable job? It doesn't.

TorontoToronto

Uber resumes self-driving car tests in Toronto nine months after Arizona crash.

Time for all drivers to drive 10km per hour in tandem up and down the highway during Rush-hour. 30 minutes of your day for unlimited publicity. Yellow jackets party! so you would miss 1 ride. But make it up on surge after the traffic screw up.

Atom guy

There are just too many drivers to make a strike effective. There is no decent way to communicate a strike with so many drivers.

A better way to improve things is for us to each hook up with the local "Fight for $15" advocates. They are pushing for higher wages for service workers, and we need to tag along on that. I don't think they realize how many drivers there actually are, and how that could help them politically.

Instead of pushing for a minimum hourly rate like NYC (which I just don't understand how it will be workable), we just need to be pushing for a minimum per mile and per minute rate that is higher than we have now. If it's done with legislation, then the ride share companies can't squawk because it will affect them all equally.

Seamus

There are just too many drivers to make a strike effective. There is no decent way to communicate a strike with so many drivers.

A better way to improve things is for us to each hook up with the local "Fight for $15" advocates. They are pushing for higher wages for service workers, and we need to tag along on that. I don't think they realize how many drivers there actually are, and how that could help them politically.

Instead of pushing for a minimum hourly rate like NYC (which I just don't understand how it will be workable), we just need to be pushing for a minimum per mile and per minute rate that is higher than we have now. If it's done with legislation, then the ride share companies can't squawk because it will affect them all equally.
NYC recent change is not really a minimum hourly rate but it is exactly as you desire, higher per mile per minute rates plus higher fees.

Uber's Guber

Uber resumes self-driving car tests in Toronto nine months after Arizona crash.

Time for all drivers to drive 10km per hour in tandem up and down the highway during Rush-hour. 30 minutes of your day for unlimited publicity. Yellow jackets party! so you would miss 1 ride. But make it up on surge after the traffic screw up.
Large bold font even......
Hmmm, maybe he’s serious this time??
:rolleyes: