WHY DONT WE GET PAID TO DRIVE TO THE RESTURANT?!!!

Justine?

Like , I often have to drive 10-15 minutes away to the restaurant and noticed I’m not getting paid for that , only AFTER the food is picked up. Like , is OUR TIME NOT VALUBABle?!!! ? WOW.

yorker

When it is busy, I hardly take anything 6 min. away or more than 2 miles. Some here say it " appears" they get paid time from acceptance to drop off.

UbeRoBo

Just got back from Happy Hour with the girlfriend. An UberEats guy walks in to pick up an order. The bartender was very busy and it took her a few minutes to get his order. He was very impatient with her to the point that he was being a jerk. She eventually got his order and bagged it all up. He spend a couple minutes with her verifying that every single item was perfect and then asked for extra this and extra that and extra this and extra that. Guy leaves bartender says to us..."I hate those guys". I asked if they ever tipped and she said never, not once. WTF?

TheDevilisaParttimer

Just got back from Happy Hour with the girlfriend. An UberEats guy walks in to pick up an order. The bartender was very busy and it took her a few minutes to get his order. He was very impatient with her to the point that he was being a jerk. She eventually got his order and bagged it all up. He spend a couple minutes with her verifying that every single item was perfect and then asked for extra this and extra that and extra this and extra that. Guy leaves bartender says to us..."I hate those guys". I asked if they ever tipped and she said never, not once. WTF?
Sorry man but it sounds like he was just doing his job. Or am I missing something?

Justine?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
But won’t u get a low acceptance rating/ possible deactivation notices from Uber if we don’t expect most pickups?? I’d like to know cuz I feel pressured to accept EVERY order.

TheDevilisaParttimer

But won’t u get a low acceptance rating/ possible deactivation notices from Uber if we don’t expect most pickups?? I’d like to know cuz I feel pressured to accept EVERY order.
No there technically is no retaliation. However some drivers including myself believes Uber’s algorithm takes acceptance rate into account when issuing pings.
Post automatically merged:

He stiffed the bartender. Bartender was very busy and because she never gets tipped by UberEats drivers, she put him low on the totem pole. Can't say I blame her.
You think the driver should tip the bartender for someone else food? :cautious:

To many late orders and driver gets deactivated. Just saying a lot of this problem is the system in place.

UbeRoBo

Of course. You want good service from the bartender then tip him/her. If I was a bartender and never got tipped by the UberEats people then they would get piss poor service from me. Why is that so hard to understand? Karma for every ubereats you deliver and get stiffed. Good job

rideshare2870

Ubereats is not a money maker. In the best case senario (I’m using me as an example) where you have a car that is paid off, at maximum depreciation, easy to park as well as good on gas, it’s still not worth doing. I have a 2001 Corolla with over 190k miles and I can’t get myself to do it with how pathetic rates are. Ants have car payments, driving around in gas guzzlers and are actually loosing money doing deliveries.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Of course. You want good service from the bartender then tip him/her. If I was a bartender and never got tipped by the UberEats people then they would get piss poor service from me. Why is that so hard to understand? Karma for every ubereats you deliver and get stiffed. Good job
I understand the bartender frustration but Uber has no way for the actual customer to tip the bartender in app. If driver tips bartender he probably won’t turn a profit on his trip.

Personally if I was the Uber driver I would be patient, verify all items myself, and collect all extras myself if I can.

UbeRoBo

I understand the bartender frustration but Uber has no way for the actual customer to tip the bartender in app. If driver tips bartender he probably won’t turn a profit on his trip.

Personally if I was the Uber driver I would be patient, verify all items myself, and collect all extras myself if I can.
You are clearly missing the point. As they say...you can't fix cheap.

UbeRoBo

Lol ? I get your point but the Uber driver isn’t a customer.

Imagine a cook mad that the servers never tip him as the plates come out. Plus they demand the food be hot.
Got ya....and as a Uber passenger I'm not a customer either since you guys work for TNC, not the passengers. #Clueless
Post automatically merged:

You absolutely tip on pick up. They are servers too...how cheap are you people. Pathetic
Glad someone gets it!