Why don't Uber Drivers last more than 6 months?

DollarStoreChauffeur

It's a terrible ripoff for drivers. If you care about worker rights, you should carry cash and tip (a couple bucks for short rides $5+ for long ones) for every ride you take. Also, know that Uber has upped their take with upfront pricing and failed to pass any increase on to their drivers who foot every bit of up front cost related to putting a vehicle on the road.

Cocobird

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
[QOTE="stevedmc, post: 1936900, member: 26913"]What happened to that Nola dude that was bragging about all the money he was making?[/QUOTE]

I do notice that a lot of people come on here boasting, and then they are gone

negeorgia

Easy to get into and easy to get out of. Lots sign up just to do enough to get start up bonus for their friend and themselves. I heard a gal that signed up, has done zero rides. Signed up her bf at a good incentive period. He got $100 and she got $500 after he only did 10 rides.

kb_37

Uber is taking advantage on bad economy and abusing, manipulating people as drivers and also take from riders as much they get away with it. When I started I made 1200 a week putting up to 80-100 hr a week on Uberx and pool. Uber basically stealing from people and acting they doing something good they tell government they only an app find service. You take a minute and think how much you been controlled and abused. As drivers we need to stop this madness and ask for our rights. This need few people and know how to make a simple move then we will have voice other than that we just complaing nothing going to benefit as or do good. Let's us as driver to make a plan and ask for right only to be paid fairly and get work not been played.

Attachments

stevedmc

Nothing like driving down Canal Street with an Uber driver on each side of you and a Custom Uber license plate in front of you . . .
Those people that permanently attach Uber/Lyft stickers amuse me. Its been over two months since I last took a passenger. I keep my decals in the glove box with double sided tape for when I do use them.

In Baton Rouge, I go stealth and don't put any stickers up. I only use the stickers in Orleans parish and at MSY. I always take the sticker down when I am passing through Jefferson parish.

negeorgia

Uber is taking advantage on bad economy and abusing, manipulating people as drivers and also take from riders as much they get away with it. When I started I made 1200 a week putting up to 80-100 hr a week on Uberx and pool. Uber basically stealing from people and acting they doing something good they tell government they only an app find service. You take a minute and think how much you been controlled and abused. As drivers we need to stop this madness and ask for our rights. This need few people and know how to make a simple move then we will have voice other than that we just complaing nothing going to benefit as or do good. Let's us as driver to make a plan and ask for right only to be paid fairly and get work not been played.
You have some serious issues. Uber cannot guarantee you that there will be requests. If you hate the earnings per mile, hour and trip; that is a wake up call to stop driving.

Yulli Yung

It's a terrible ripoff for drivers. If you care about worker rights, you should carry cash and tip (a couple bucks for short rides $5+ for long ones) for every ride you take. Also, know that Uber has upped their take with upfront pricing and failed to pass any increase on to their drivers who foot every bit of up front cost related to putting a vehicle on the road.
WORKERS Rights????? Surely you jest!!!! Who are the workers?

Lyle

Nothing like driving down Canal Street with an Uber driver on each side of you and a Custom Uber license plate in front of you . . .
I did a drop off in the french quarter from Northshore a while back and as I pulled out it ws like an Uber parade. There were 4 cars in aa row with Uber tags