• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why don't riders tip???

Inshur

TDR

Stop counting on tips as part of the income. It's just a bonus for a good service.
When rider take Uber/Lyft it’s already service for tip. Those apps become popular because convenient and cheap price. Specially no tip. It’s ok. Drive and driveπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Vishnu643

believe it or not most riders are broke. How many times have you driven a rider to a food industry job? Their more stupid with money than the driver who buys an audi for Uber. Too lazy to get up early costing them money on unneceesary services. Those ones that work for businesses USUALLY are being compensated by their jobs for the ride. I.E., they aren't paying for the ride out of their personal checking account. Then there's the chumps around the weekend who either want to "be responsible" by not driving to the club to get wasted, or want to impress their significant other by Ubering them around. The latter especially happens late night after a booty call usually. I know I've taken Uber Black just to be fancy once in a blue moon.

This is why I don't fret over tips. People honestly can't afford them. It's more cost effective for them NOT to do it, and they'd probably take train if it wasn't sucking so bad right now.

There are other reasons such as your attitude, plain cheapos, lack of awareness and the driver him/herself could be the problem. Bad attitudes, poor quality interior (cleanliness, refusal of services. I remember one girl ALMOST got pissy with me because I told her she can't use the aux. I then explained to her I have an android and she has an iPhone. She was immediately apologetic for getting upset with me and I laughed it off. I played 105.1 at her request.

Uberinghonda

believe it or not most riders are broke. How many times have you driven a rider to a food industry job? Their more stupid with money than the driver who buys an audi for Uber. Too lazy to get up early costing them money on unneceesary services. Those ones that work for businesses USUALLY are being compensated by their jobs for the ride. I.E., they aren't paying for the ride out of their personal checking account. Then there's the chumps around the weekend who either want to "be responsible" by not driving to the club to get wasted, or want to impress their significant other by Ubering them around. The latter especially happens late night after a booty call usually. I know I've taken Uber Black just to be fancy once in a blue moon.

This is why I don't fret over tips. People honestly can't afford them. It's more cost effective for them NOT to do it, and they'd probably take train if it wasn't sucking so bad right now.

There are other reasons such as your attitude, plain cheapos, lack of awareness and the driver him/herself could be the problem. Bad attitudes, poor quality interior (cleanliness, refusal of services. I remember one girl ALMOST got pissy with me because I told her she can't use the aux. I then explained to her I have an android and she has an iPhone. She was immediately apologetic for getting upset with me and I laughed it off. I played 105.1 at her request.
If they can afford to pay rent, go to the bars, buy the latest iphone, buy expensive clothes, $200 sneakers, cut their hair every week, throw birthday parties, go out on dates, etc, then they can afford to at least add a buck or 2 for tips.

Vishnu643

If they can afford to pay rent, go to the bars, buy the latest iphone, buy expensive clothes, $200 sneakers, cut their hair every week, throw birthday parties, go out on dates, etc, then they can afford to at least add a buck or 2 for tips.
who said they can do all that?

Salvi

Why dont riders tip?

Why asking this on a forum for drivers?

Ask your pax when they come into your car. And have a full blown discussion about it.

TDR

It’s obviously. Rideshare is expensive. Before open door for pick up, ask the rider: β€œ are you tip???” If yes proceed with ride, if no - cancel and wait for other request. 😜😜😜

Vishnu643

They can do a mix of that and even more. Take a look at what your friends and relatives do and these people can do the same things.
hate to break it to you, but majority of americans don't know the difference between a credit card and a debit card. They may have a bunch of crap, but it's all financed with a heafty APR of 24.5%

Uberinghonda

Why dont riders tip?

Why asking this on a forum for drivers?

Ask your pax when they come into your car. And have a full blown discussion about it.
One time I picked up this guy from Bushwick right off of Broadway and he started talking to me about tipping during the whole ride. He never tipped me. If I ever get him again I am one starring him.
Post automatically merged:

hate to break it to you, but majority of americans don't know the difference between a credit card and a debit card. They may have a bunch of crap, but it's all financed with a heafty APR of 24.5%
If they don't wanna tip then so be it. But to claim they can't afford to when they can afford to spend money like it's going out of style means that they are lying. It's the rude passengers and backseat drivers that annoy me.

Last edited:

1974toyota

I always tip when I ride - more so if its a quick trip down the road since the driver had to (most of the time) travel longer to get me and drop me off than the time I was in the car. I'll usually throw you a $5 just for that. Unless your a total D-Bag - which is super rare you should be tipped.

It's definitely a service we as riders are being provided. I wonder if the same people are just cheap and don't tip at restaurants, etc or if its just ride shares?
????????????????? Uber is Walmart on Wheels? any more questions?jmo