Why don't drivers tip when they use Uber as a pax?

albertphx

Wow, that kinda suck coming from other drivers! I picked up 2 so far, and both didn't tip either. I thought it was an anomaly lol. Were most of them in their 20s?

mnorton

Ive picked up a few uber drivers after a night on the town and surge pricing they rated me low and no tip. Just complain about surge all the way home.

AllanJ

I have not been an Uber rider since starting driving, but have always tipped in Uber just as I would a cab.

We are prompt, take pride in our cars, and are generally a lot more interesting than cabbies (or dead silent if the pax is working on something). That is service.

IERide

I've taken Uber rides 3 times.. Tipped $5 two of the three times, both on $12 or $13 fares.
The 3rd one I had no cash and didn't tip, but I felt guilty about it so that's almost as good.

shiftydrake

We are prompt, take pride in our cars, and are generally a lot more interesting than cabbies
Apparently you have never been in my cab I own it, take pride in it, from time I get order to meter on is less than 8 mins ......and I am very interesting I have been told...........

sekani

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, that kinda suck coming from other drivers! I picked up 2 so far, and both didn't tip either. I thought it was an anomaly lol. Were most of them in their 20s?
Nope, most were older men. Two were younger. The most recent one brought his annoying drunk friend with him. Still no tip!

ptuberx

I've had the same thing happen, have given rides to 5 or 6 different riders now who claim that they are drivers, and one that used to be. Only one tipped. One of the others was a hassle... I picked him up from his job, he said he was an Uber driver but his car was in the shop for the next two days, so now he's a customer. I leave his work, he wants me to drop him off at a gas station near his home so he can grab a bite to eat. Okay... well, I pull in to the gas station, and this guy realizes he left his backpack (with his wallet in it) at work. So I drive him back to where he works, he opens the place back up, grabs his bag, and runs back to the car. Off we go again. I drop him off back at the gas station. He gets out, says "thanks," and no tip. To add insult, I'm pretty sure he 1-starred me. Grinded my gears a bit, because ever since my first week of driving for Uber, my rating has climbed ever since, no negative feedback now and plenty of 5-star comments on this or that. There is a negative distain among some drivers, new and seasoned in my area, who are either unwilling to share help at all when paths cross, or just have spite over other drivers for this or that. It would be nice if more drivers here let the system work for them instead of trying to "beat the other driver" to the punch, chasing surges, road-raging with other drivers, etc. It doesn't happen often, but I've seen it many times.

ptuberx

Happened again tonight... picked up three flight attendants that were in the city on a long stop-over, going out for the night. One of them volunteered that he was an Uber driver on the side when he was at home in Vegas, but gave it up after his insurance lapsed. I had good conversation with eveyone in the car. No tip after a relatively long drive.

KenFTW

I just had a wtf moment as a pax. Gave the ant a 5 er and he threw it back at me sayin it's cool. Wth. What do I rate him.