why doesn't uber give discounts to drivers?

lrod1887

aside from driving for uber, I also take uber on the weekends or whenever I wanna get drunk.

I am baffled to why uber doesn't give its drivers uber discounts...I heard that people who work for uber corporate get free rides with uber.

we do all the leg work, so why can't we get some sort of discount? perhaps a reward program for uber rides...

what are other things you wish uber did ?

mine would also be a minimum fare of $5 for uberX. last night I made a pick up and the person was a few blocks away. I ended up netting around $3 ....WTF

UberSneak

Uber does't offer drivers anything worthwhile because Uber doesn't give a @@@@ about its drivers; this is a fact. /thread

Mr. T

Uber does't offer drivers anything worthwhile because Uber doesn't give a @@@@ about its drivers; this is a fact. /thread
Ain't that the truth. I just tried to use the Firestone "tire discount" and it's cost $20 less for their base model tires opposed to just going to Costco and getting some mid range fuel saver tires

[email protected]

Just throwing it out there. Would anyone be interested at driving other members here for cash so that Uber doesn't get a cut. Of course the pickup time and destination will be predetermined by both the driver and the passenger. It would technically not be a "uber ride", but a friend helping another friend.

For example: Say if I need a ride from the Angel Stadium to LAX on a certain day at a certain time, and that I am willing to pay $35 cash. Anyone willing to take offers like this?

I am merely asking a question, please don't lecture me about the law and how it is technically unsound. Thanks

Altima ATL

Yes technically unsound - but I can see this happening between riders and drivers with rates so low and Uber cut rising. Not necessarily just between drivers.