Why does Uber make changes to the wrong features in the app?

Does it matter to you that the contact number will change each time?

• I like the change

• I don't like the change

• I don't care either way

Results are only viewable after voting.

SMH Uber

This is pretty much a rhetorical question. BUT!

Now that the number changes evertyime, the number changes and I doubt I will be pickup calls I don't know. Or typing in the new number to my phone if I need to call pax . I use another phone to receive calls from pax. Clicking through the in app contact button is not useful for me. The phone I use does not have the same number as my account. The twilio service uber uses to map my real number to the virtual number won't match; Therefore when I call from inapp, I get an error message from uber.

I doubt I will be answering or calling pax.

I need them to make meaniful changes thst puts the "driver first". :wink:

Anyway...Cheers.
Screenshot_2016-12-03-09-58-35-1-1.png

pizza guy

I used to have the number entered as 'Uber customer'. With a new number each time how are supposed to know if it's the customer or the IRS calling from India?
The rule about not answering rider calls applies even more now.

1LE

This probably had to be done for a safety issue. There was either a stalker partner, or a harassing pax that kept calling number. Just my 2 cents worth.

SMH Uber

This probably had to be done for a safety issue. There was either a stalker partner, or a harassing pax that kept calling number. Just my 2 cents worth.
The number being used to connect passenger is disconnected as soon as ride is over. Twilio is the service uber uses to map your numbers. The number pax calls is fake. Impossible for pax to call driver directly once ride is over. There may be a timeout but it doesn't last long.

lakersfan1

It's not impossible, but they need to call Uber customer service. I had a PAX forget his $800 phone in my car last week. Cost me 20 minutes to return it, but at least he tipped me.

SMH Uber

It's not impossible, but they need to call Uber customer service. I had a PAX forget his $800 phone in my car last week. Cost me 20 minutes to return it, but at least he tipped me.

In the case that I speak: Right after a ride has ended without them contacting CS and getting an intervention, Pax cannot immediately contact you bk.