Why does is show my credit score as lower?

tomboy

When I tried to rent a car from Hertz using my debit card, they ran a credit check and when the results came, my credit score shoed up as 130 less than my fico score according to what I normally check using either Experien (paid premium account) and credit karma? I am currently working on improving my credit and it has improved by 50 points in the last few months. I am starting to think the results companies get is different than what we see. Excuse my ignorance. What could explain why the numbers vary?

sellkatsell44

130 is a huge spread but pretty sure they checked fico but with the other two credit bureaus.

the spread for that might also be because something is on the other two (one or both) that isn’t on your experian.

I would check the other two to make sure there’s no negative remark or negative entry that will cause that 130 spread.

tomboy

130 is a huge spread but pretty sure they checked fico but with the other two credit bureaus.

the spread for that might also be because something is on the other two (one or both) that isn’t on your experian.

I would check the other two to make sure there’s no negative remark or negative entry that will cause that 130 spread.
What other two? I believe the report was from equifax Hertz and according to credit karma, my equifax is 130 higher than what they reported to Hertz. Not sure why?

sellkatsell44

What other two? I believe the report was from equifax Hertz and according to credit karma, my equifax is 130 higher than what they reported to Hertz. Not sure why?
You didn’t mention that, you only mentioned that you normally check experian so I assumed it was the same, not sure if credit karma (third party I never used) will be as accurate as the actual one that is from equifax, which is what I’m assuming hertz used.

so perhaps you should ask to see what the report is. Legally hertz should give u a copy of this report they pulled.

compare it to what you see on credit karma and start there👍👍

Wildgoose

The reason might be you never tried to build your credit score unless you did bankruptcy before.
To build credit score, Bank of America and 5/3 bank could help you. It is called secured credit card and you will need to open saving account for that and there is annual fees for that credit card but it worths. I started with $500 and within 7 months, my credit score was higher than 540 and then I applied unsecured credit card then closed that account.

SinTaxERROR

FICO scores can be adjusted to suit a particular lenders needs. An example being “auto enhanced” for auto lending.

Additionally different lenders might use different versions of FICO such as 4, 8, or 9, which will also produce different scores.

All the other scores you see on the internet such as credit karma and transunion are generally known as FACO scores (Vantage 2.0 or 3.0, etc).

Some lenders even use their own internal scoring number based on a credit report. It is possible that the range is totally different. FICO generally runs 350-850, vantage can run 250-900, and internal scoring can run any range the lender chooses.

Of course different CRA’s may also have different information reported from different creditors affecting score as well.

TheDevilisaParttimer

When I tried to rent a car from Hertz using my debit card, they ran a credit check and when the results came, my credit score shoed up as 130 less than my fico score according to what I normally check using either Experien (paid premium account) and credit karma? I am currently working on improving my credit and it has improved by 50 points in the last few months. I am starting to think the results companies get is different than what we see. Excuse my ignorance. What could explain why the numbers vary?
😂 I guarantee your credit score is higher than their's :laugh::roflmao:

SinTaxERROR

actually it's the other way around, vantage goes up to 850, fico goes up to 900 per screenshots I have elsewhere...
Once again, a FICO scoring model is lender specific... which I did mention above. I made a typo as well in my generalized FICO range... should be 300-850 (not 350-850). Vantage is 250-900, as I also stated.

Producing screen shots would be a waste of your time as most -consumer- scoring models will show the ranges I have stated above.

sellkatsell44

Once again, a FICO scoring model is lender specific... which I did mention above. I made a typo as well in my generalized FICO range... should be 300-850 (not 350-850). Vantage is 250-900, as I also stated.

Producing screen shots would be a waste of your time as most -consumer- scoring models will show the ranges I have stated above.
Luckily it was saved and luckily it only take a sec for screenshot and I have second to waste.

8C6ACA6E-0C78-45D6-AD5F-64B7043A8F51.jpeg
D22D297C-0496-4FB1-B406-E1DFDD2D406D.jpeg

Typo again eh?

SinTaxERROR

Luckily it was saved and luckily it only take a sec for screenshot and I have second to waste.

View attachment 480378 View attachment 480379

Typo again eh?
I can post hundreds of articles explaining the FICO and Vantage scoring models and the scoring ranges which will concur with what I had previously posted regardless of the pics you have uploaded here.

Once again I will reiterate that lenders and even the CRA’s can modify the scoring range if they so choose to. I have already stated that 2 times...

Please go educate yourself. I’m not new to credit or scoring models used. I have followed them for years. Done wasting my time with you.

MikeSki

Thet didn’t pull your credit they used triscore. Which is a combination of the three credit bureaus used for simple approvals without adding an inquiry to your report. It is a general idea of what your credit is like

sellkatsell44

I can post hundreds of articles explaining the FICO and Vantage scoring models and the scoring ranges which will concur with what I had previously posted regardless of the pics you have uploaded here.

Once again I will reiterate that lenders and even the CRA’s can modify the scoring range if they so choose to. I have already stated that 2 times...

Please go educate yourself. I’m not new to credit or scoring models used. I have followed them for years. Done wasting my time with you.
Neither am I and I’ve yet to resort to “go educate yourself”. Wow, mad much?

i don’t believe in paying for things I can get for free so if there’s a reason those scores provided to me by different creditors are saying opposite of what you stated, then please, educate me as to why as they’re lenders as well (and major one vs online bank, community bank, credit union, etc).

i don’t have time unlike some pple to make up screenshots (despite what they might say to cover their true self).
Post automatically merged:

Ps if we’re talking about borrowing I would be looking at industry specific vs base. But hey, that’s just me; because I’m looking for scores that lenders will use when looking at my credit-worthiness to borrow frm 🤷🏻‍♀️

ok, you gave somewhat accurate info that there is fico base but lenders don’t use fico base, which is where the to 850 comes from.

but really the one lenders use is up to 900.

97E369A8-2C38-421E-958A-EA13681F776D.png
B04C63FB-5C64-4CCD-A36F-3990EE494F4E.png
9525C9F8-8988-42C1-8F8B-C9AE79CB0F79.png

Last edited:

SinTaxERROR

Neither am I and I’ve yet to resort to “go educate yourself”. Wow, mad much?

i don’t believe in paying for things I can get for free so if there’s a reason those scores provided to me by different creditors are saying opposite of what you stated, then please, educate me as to why as they’re lenders as well (and major one vs online bank, community bank, credit union, etc).

i don’t have time unlike some pple to make up screenshots (despite what they might say to cover their true self).
Post automatically merged:

Ps if we’re talking about borrowing I would be looking at industry specific vs base. But hey, that’s just me; because I’m looking for scores that lenders will use when looking at my credit-worthiness to borrow frm 🤷🏻‍♀️

ok, you gave somewhat accurate info that there is fico base but lenders don’t use fico base, which is where the to 850 comes from.

but really the one lenders use is up to 900.

View attachment 480390 View attachment 480391 View attachment 480393
I’m not mad... I just could care less what it is you have to say. Ever notice I ignore much of what you say? Have a great day.

sellkatsell44

I’m not mad... I just could care less what it is you have to say. Ever notice I ignore much of what you say? Have a great day.
No, I don’t notice but I don’t care?

seems like you want to drive that home.

also if you’re not mad you might not want to resort to lines like the one I referenced because it appears ur feelings are caught up in it.

I’m just stating what is.

🤷🏻‍♀️

you as well?

lol thanks for the morning entertainment 😂

FLKeys

There are around 50 versions of the FICO score calculator out there.
There are at least 3 versions of the Vantage Score Calculator out there.

There are numerous modified versions of the above credit scores that some companies tailor to their own standards.

You could run your report on 10 different models and get 10 different results. 130 points does seem like a big swing, however that model may be showing incorrect data. Request a copy of your report that they ran to look for errors. It should be free.

Las Vegas Dude

The only score that matters is the one that a specific creditor is looking at for a specific loan you are applying for at the exact time they are pulling it. Your score can fluctuate daily. Creditors have a different criteria for each type of loan such as car loan, mortgage loan, credit card loan, personal credit lines. You never know till they pull it and tell you what the number is. If you feel like someone is low balling your credit score for a nigher interest rate try a different car lot, mortgage lender, bank/loan shark. It pays to shop around. If your buying a house or car and you shop around, FICO does not count a bunch of credit checks in a short period of time against you. They look at it as one credit check.