• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

"Why do you have a dash cam?"

DoYouEvenLyft?

"WhY dO yOu HAvE a dAShCaM??"

My responses:

*For Insurance purposes incase of an accident.

*So the police will know who murdered me because I refused to go to a fast food drive thru.

What I find funny is that taxis, mass transit busses, and most other places that are for the public have cameras.

Banks, Fast food places, Malls, and some public roads have cameras but I don't see anyone going to the county office and complaining??????

But the moment pax sees a camera in an Uber/Lyft, all hell breaks loose. WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE?????

I can't wait to get out of this gig...

-Jerry

Last edited:

waldowainthrop

If you want the most accurate answer that shuts down objections: “it’s for insurance purposes. I delete footage shortly after it is not useful anymore.”

Don’t worry about the definition of “shortly” – that is up to you to decide privately. Don’t say anything about bad passengers. It sets a narrative where drivers’ interests are pitted against passengers’ and you want happy passengers.

ThatGuyPaul

I drove at night and no one ever noticed mine. If anyone did I'd make up some b.s story about pax threatening me or whatever.

itendstonight

If you want the most accurate answer that shuts down objections: “it’s for insurance purposes. I delete footage shortly after it is not useful anymore.”

Don’t worry about the definition of “shortly” – that is up to you to decide privately. Don’t say anything about bad passengers. It sets a narrative where drivers’ interests are pitted against passengers’ and you want happy passengers.
I actually really like the insurance part. Might even say my insurance gave me a discount on my premium to install the cameras for accident and pax safety concerns!

Cdub2k

For my personal safety when picking up drunk strangers at night and I also have it in case I get in an car accident. I can prove whose fault it is.

GoldenGoji

"Because of passengers like YOU." :roflmao:

Lol seriously I just tell them it's for insurance purposes in case accidents or something terrible happens. Majority of the time though, they just want to hear stories of crazy people I caught on camera, which I fortunately haven't encountered so far.

DriverMark

"Any craziness by you all WILL end up on YouTube!"

"Wait, what are you all doing? STOP HANGING OUT THE WINDOW! ..... Pull your shirt back down! ..... No this will not go viral! ... STOP IT!..... "

Samson5121

story short i would not take a female pax extra 5 miles off the app. she call police saying i touch her. her story dd not hold up. that was 2 years ago. this what i have now.

Wild Colonial Boy

I have a dual lens camera with Infrared lighting for recording internally. It also records audio. In my State audio recording is not permitted unless it is with the pax’s permission, so on each passenger door there is a window sticker that simply says “Notice - For safety this vehicle is equipped with recording equipment. Consent given by entering vehicle”. Only one person ever questioned the recording and asked what happened if he didn’t want to be recorded. I told him, no problem, it’s a free world. Enjoy your walk. The recording wasn’t such a problem after all. It’s simply too dangerous to not have an internal recorder. A picture tells a thousand words. And a picture with words tells even more.