1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why do we the driver get a cancellation on our record for no shows?

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Coffeekeepsmedriving, Feb 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Coffeekeepsmedriving

Coffeekeepsmedriving

Driving:
    UberX
    We didnt cancel the ride, the pax was a no show/

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Because Uber can... It all makes sense if you don't think about it. It's your fault for thinking. Deactivated!

Danny3xd and tohunt4me like this.
  3. Drago619

Drago619

How would uber ever realy know the rider didnt show up..

4. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Then why do they even charge them $5 if that's the argument? Both rider and driver app have gps

tohunt4me likes this.

Attached Files:

6. Shhhh . . . .
    Before they SCREW us out of even that !

Grahamcracker likes this.
  7. DriveMeNot

DriveMeNot

Im not trying to defend Uber or be their lawyer. However i see their point pushing the cancellation rate to us for no show to prevent abuse from drivers. I guess if you cancel 2 or 3 every day for no show it wont affect you that much. But many drivers will start to approach areas and probably pool riders and then just cancel on them after 5 minutes while being in the alley or areas out of the reach of the passenger.

Shangsta likes this.
  8. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    If they didnt thered be drivers that abuse the system and no show cancel every rider.

So uber made the cancellation count towards deactivation. Its either that or remove the no show cancel charge. Which would you rather have?

9. You can do a no show and not get paid if you weren't at the pin or didn't wait long enough. It's the legitimate ones that we shouldn't be penalized for. Besides Lyft doesn't penalize for 5 min no shows

10. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    The rate, unchecked, will not get you deactivated. It will, however, cause and actual Uber employee to have to look at it. At that point, a decision is made whether deactivation or suspension is in order. If your cancellations are for no-shows, and the GPS shows that you went to where the pin drop was, and that you waited for the full time that you were supposed to, then that would be deducted off of the percentage by the employee although not on your record.

I am told that the same holds true for our star rating. If you hit a certain point which varies depending on the market you're in, an actual person will look at your situation. If you generally get 5 stars and a couple of jerky college kids get drunk and one star you just because it's fun to have somebody else's life in your hands, you're not going to get deactivated. If you end up with a low rating because you have a lot of four star ratings, you're not going to get deactivated because the argument can be made that in every other place in the world 4 out of 5 Stars means above-average.

These are nuances, however, that are difficult to write into algorithms. So when certain numbers hit certain points we get certain notices. Read the notices, be aware of them, but don't get upset about them until Uber actually does what it seems they are threatening to do. And even then, you can always go into a green light Hub and make your case.

Shangsta likes this.
  11. Coffeekeepsmedriving

Coffeekeepsmedriving

Driving:
    UberX
    that easy..the money

12. Coffeekeepsmedriving

Coffeekeepsmedriving

Driving:
    UberX
    That,,,good makes a lot of sense..godd answer

13. delock51

delock51

Are they alerted when a driver gets cancelled on frequently? What happens if a driver gets, say 17 cancellations from the passengers part in a row and from different pax, and there's not cancellation fee. Is Uber still alerted about the driver for any reason? Is that even something to alert someone of?