Why do so many ants avoid driving at night?

Charbenji

I had some riders the other night. The guy tells the girl to roll down the window to puke if she needs to. I quickly correct them and instruct them to have me pull over. I'd rather them puke on my floor mat than out the window for that reason. Taking apart the door to clean the inside of the door is the last thing I want to do.
I had a friend years ago puke while riding in my front seat, some of it got into the ac vents....god damn trying to clean that out was a pain. Dat Lingering smell every time you would turned on the AC was terrible....?

99.9% of the time I find the drunks are fun, happy and easygoing. They tip great, they're friendly, they're not on a set schedule so they don't care about an extra minute longer, etc. Of course you can get a bad apple once in a blue moon but they're a major exception. Not to mention the surges at the bar areas.

All the bad rides I have had occurred during the day - business people with a hectic timetable, college students late for class. Not to mention, alcohol is a great social lubricant for pax, and without it, many of my rides are filled with awkward silence. The 2 one stars I ever received were both during the day.

Have I just been lucky or is there something I'm missing? I know someone will post the drunk pax hitting the driver gif, but I mean aside from that one in a million type thing.
Yes Uber puke express pool now paying $3.35

John McYeet

When I first started I used to drive Friday and Saturday nights around bar close since it would surge. After picking up loud, obnoxious, smelly, irritated since they didn’t get laid people I stopped. 80% of the people I dealt with were annoying.

Dinoberra

Lazy my ass. You work 50 hours a week and then do 30 of ride share at night and then let somebody call you lazy.
Na I just work 12hr Uber days and full time life insurance sales while knocking off this degree everyday... Miss me with the bullshit.

Reactions: mch

DrinkSoda

I look at it from an earnings standpoint. Especially outside of the summer months.

The sun goes down and earnings go up.

In the market where I’m in there’s never a shortage of rides no matter the time of day or night although a huge surplus of ants.

Let’s say, for example I work a split on a Saturday. I might drive 3-4 hours during the day and then another 3-4 hours at night. I might take a 30-60 minute break somewhere in between just to grab a quick bite to eat and at least move around a little.

I never drive 10-12 hours straight. I refuse to.

20-25% of my Saturday earnings come during the day.
75-80% of my Saturday earnings come once the sun goes down.

Sure, there are many risks involved when dealing with passengers after dark. But, isn’t there risk involved with any job a person does? I could get a bad papercut just handling a piece of paper. Or burn myself just pouring coffee no matter how careful I am.

Once I’m done driving on a Saturday night I get my rest then switch my attention to the early Monday morning business travel crowd along with some 4am bar stragglers. There have been times on early Monday mornings where my first pick up or two are bar stragglers. Then it flips to professionals beginning their day.

corniilius

I avoid closing time because there are too many idiots to deal with. Rather shut it down by midnight and go throw a few back myself.

chris.nella2

When I was a newb...

I only used to drive at day, but now 11:30pm -3:00am is my “sweet spot”...of course I only work the beaches and The NIIIICE side of town ( Town center with Rolex, Louie Vuitton, etc , Downtown by Hyatt

...but doors STAY locked and I do a circle around to view the pax’s behavior...if they appear wasted...I am gone and delivering a fresh cancel.

rkozy

My W-2 job requires me to be at work by 7:30 am. Staying out until 3:00 am is not an option, since my daytime job involves driving up to 500 miles every day. I really don't want to be responsible for a Tracy Morgan situation.

Ubermcbc

99.9% of the time I find the drunks are fun, happy and easygoing. They tip great, they're friendly, they're not on a set schedule so they don't care about an extra minute longer, etc. Of course you can get a bad apple once in a blue moon but they're a major exception. Not to mention the surges at the bar areas.

All the bad rides I have had occurred during the day - business people with a hectic timetable, college students late for class. Not to mention, alcohol is a great social lubricant for pax, and without it, many of my rides are filled with awkward silence. The 2 one stars I ever received were both during the day.

Have I just been lucky or is there something I'm missing? I know someone will post the drunk pax hitting the driver gif, but I mean aside from that one in a million type thing.
Some people have life.

QBN_PC

My day job is flexible but it's only M-F. I knock off around 6pm Friday, drive all Friday and Saturday nights, sleep Saturday morning & as late as possible Sunday mid-afternoon, and I'm fresh and ready for work on Monday.

That loan I took out to refinance my brother's mistakes, which I expect I'll never see another cent of again, isn't going to pay itself off.

I've only had to clean puke once (and it's not that hard - sharp edged kitchen serving spoon, enzyme-based pet cleaning spray, garbage bags and paper towels). I hand out emesis bags at the first sign of wooziness, and just ask the passenger to hold that for me. And once they barf, out comes a bottle of water for them to use on the side of the road.

Scout's motto: Be Prepared.