1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why do other Uber Drivers get angry

Discussion in 'Canberra' started by Hixai, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Hixai

Hixai

sorry I just don’t understand at night time why do people get angry if you get a job and they don’t I had another driver follow me to pick up and be very angry towards me I’m just pressing yes to it and honestly I don’t want to ruin my acceptance rate or cancelation rate. Can someone explain what the hell is going on?

Jack Malarkey likes this.
  2. Raider82

Raider82

I haven’t seen that. I have seen a situation where I’ve been waiting for a job in the Mooseheads car park after midnight for over an hour while other drivers drive up, get a job and go.

It’s frustrating. But it’s not the fault of the driver that was sent the job, so I would never get angry at them personally and I think if people are doing that, maybe driving isn’t for them.

The Uber drivers I do get angry at are those that do 60km/hr down the Parkway for no reason. All they’re doing is pissing their passenger off and giving the rest of us a bad name for what? An extra 50 cents? If they’re too nervous to drive the speed limit they shouldn’t be driving other people around for money. Just my opinion.

3. Renny

Renny

I was also in Mooseheads car park early hour's this morning, waiting and waiting whilst car's were swooping in and getting passenger's!
    Were lot's of driver's waiting on Nourthbourne and the car park today

4. Hixai

Hixai

I went to civic then got a fare out to Queanbeyan from there I think I only went back to civic once. It kind of left a bad taste in my mouth the other driver was extremely rude :( so what I’m a female driver does that make me any less of a person? I don’t know I think I’m salty over it but need to calm down and smell the roses

5. Moving drivers may be given priority.
    Some times I had the phone on at home and no pings for 30 mins. Get in car drive and pings within a few minutes.

Renny likes this.
  6. Renny

Renny

Yes I am female driver too, I ended up driving our
    I am thinking there may be some truth to this sometimes too

7. DrDorifto

DrDorifto

Could be a number of other things too like maybe they have set a destination or if they are an uber assist driver and get the request come through that way. Also, I heard somewhere along the line that Uber pairs higher rated drivers with new passengers.

Should have mentioned this is in response to drivers just seemingly swooping in to get a ride when others have been waiting.

8. Almost a year ago, Paul Collins in the Brisbane forum provided a summary of a meeting with Uber management in Queensland. Paul’s summary included the following:

8. The nearest car is not the only selection uber use. The selection system is evolving and complex. For example new riders will get higher rated drivers for the first few trips and vice versa, new drivers get higher rated riders for the first few trips.(for drivers after the initial 500 trips).

(https://uberpeople.net/threads/another-uber-management-meeting.153809/)

9. Kah Chere

Kah Chere

Jack, that is extremely interesting.
    I suspect the Uber app selects the closest car by road distance and not as the crow flies, See map Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 5.52.46 pm.png
    Do you think this is the case?

10. Kah ChereKah Chere, that accords with my experience.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  11. Who is John Galt?

Who is John Galt? Author

Driving:
    UberX

I am pretty comfortable with these ideas , particularly the idea of a particular driver given preference (if within the vicinity) as I believe this situation escalates and 'compounds' with each trip for the same rider. I have had many repeat riders now up to a dozen times or more, and Adelaide is not that small.

Jack Malarkey and ST DYMPHNA son like this.
  12. WiJG, my experience over Easter bears out what you have said.

I had two trips where the young women passengers remembered me from months before. Our conversations took off from where we had left off on the previous trip.

Each of us filled in the other about what had been happening since our earlier encounter.

It really did feel as though Uber had wanted us to meet again.

And one of them even left a kind comment.

54930DF2-1098-4AB9-BA90-AF23D90D8446.jpeg

Golfer and Who is John Galt? like this.
  13. Kah Chere

Kah Chere

The proximity issue is a mystery. Jack Malarky makes some interesting comments but I would like to know more.

Example 1:
    I arrived to collect a passenger who was already sitting in an Uber vehicle trying to order the car she was sitting in. (She had asked the driver to return and collect her after an appointment)
    Question: Why did the request come to me in another suburb?

Example 2:
    I am sitting in my car next to the passenger who had arranged for me to be their Uber driver. The passenger ordered an Uber and got a different driver.
    Question: What is happening?

Example 3:
    A neighbour requests an Uber, fully expecting to get me as I am parked in her driveway. She gets another Uber driver and is unable to cancel the request.
    Question: Does anyone have an insight as to what is happening?

Does any one else have similar experiences?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  14. Kah ChereKah Chere, see this post by Who is John Galt?Who is John Galt?: https://uberpeople.net/threads/uber...nce-higher-rated-drivers.235199/#post-3532839. And combine it with the information I provided in my earlier post.

Who is John Galt? likes this.
  15. Come along to one of our Thursday lunches. We help each other earn the dollars.

Who is John Galt? likes this.