Why do I hardly get any Lyft customers?

Mike Albritton

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I feel it's time for a fresh thread. I really don't understand if it's just because Uber is so much more popular or what, but I work the past 5 days with strictly Lyft and I got less than 20 customers. I sat at the airport for almost 2 hours and just gave up and went home for the past 3 days. I mean seriously if you go to the airport at 11 o'clock at night and there is more than 15 drivers ahead of you and you have Lyft you might as well just leave because you will never get a customer. If I use Uber, I hardly have to wait anywhere on the Strip or at the airport. Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:

Mike Albritton

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A lot of my Lyft passengers tell me that they choose Lyft over Uber because Uber is more expensive than Lyft in Las Vegas. It really does suck because I think we as drivers get paid better with Lyft instead of Uber, but I do have to admit that Uber has really good incentives. Considering the thread that I just started, I would be absolutely floored if any new Lyft driver got 150 rides in 60 days for the $500 bonus.

Colddesertsnow

What is Lyft? Lol. Do both like most drivers to increase your pings. But uber will try to keep you from using Lyft with thier incentives.

Reactions: Mal

dpthree

Most riders that use Lyft select an Uber car and Lyft car at the same time and whoever gets there the fastest, they cancel the other. And to the riders who say "Lyft is cheaper", those are the people saving 0.40 cents on a ride and tipping you nothing except "5-stars bro!".

Golfer Lou

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I feel it's time for a fresh thread. I really don't understand if it's just because Uber is so much more popular or what, but I work the past 5 days with strictly Lyft and I got less than 20 customers. I sat at the airport for almost 2 hours and just gave up and went home for the past 3 days. I mean seriously if you go to the airport at 11 o'clock at night and there is more than 15 drivers ahead of you and you have Lyft you might as well just leave because you will never get a customer. If I use Uber, I hardly have to wait anywhere on the Strip or at the airport. Anyone else having this issue?
You're better off staging at Town Square next to Whole Foods rather then the airport you'll at least get a ride every 20 to 30 minutes

BKMxl

i wn
I went online Friday and Saturday during PEAK hours.. 4-6pm got nothing on Friday, and 2 rides on Saturday.. I usually am Non stop on those days with Lyft.. And I have 5 stars

939retired

Lyft is a odd creature. Before the last rate drop I was Lyft only and was pulling 900 gross in 30 hours. With the rate drop I started doing uber also.
More rides with uber but the money splits pretty even.

Some days are majority of one or the other. Ping on.

CatchyMusicLover

900 gross in 30 hours? No way, no how. Not even at its busiest since Lyft started here, assuming original rates (and not the actual ones) would 900 in 30 hours be possible (except MAYBE during CES and New Years weeks).
400, maybe. If you got lucky every week or had guarantees.

Daniel Harbin

I was doing Lyft only and my best week was 780 my cut for about 45 hours. It was really good when they first got here. Lyft at airport is a loser. They are better fishin holes that the airport.

Wincool

Because Lyft company sucks and stupid. They don't know how to run the business well, the key is to treat the drivers well instead of customer.

939retired

900 gross in 30 hours? No way, no how. Not even at its busiest since Lyft started here, assuming original rates (and not the actual ones) would 900 in 30 hours be possible (except MAYBE during CES and New Years weeks).
Say what you will ... 1.13 per mile was good. And yes that was my gross lyft only. Making 20% pdb and ignoring airport and strip. Which I still do. The cabs may have it. Down to 350 now. Uber bout300. I still only do about 30 hours a week. They can have the guarantees. I quit killing myself when I quit driving cabs.

Last edited:

gerg

I dont think lyft ever gauranteed $30/hr.

JJCHAP

Who I really feel sorry for, especially after going to the 1 year anniversary here in Las Vegas for Lyft, is the new drivers, if you increase supply to the point that there is not enough demand, uff. Uber is like going to the dark side, literally.

For example, Lyft hertz program, ok, they started out at 118$ a week, to put butts into seats, then raised it to 216$ a week because people were keeping cars for over a month, pretty much abusing the system, but then they increased the power drive Bonus for 10% from 30 rides to 45, and 20% from 50 rides to 70. My belief is they are getting rid of the Lyft hertz program, too many abusers, but I get chimed more from uber than Lyft, it is unfortunate because Lyft is where I started with the hertz program. Please advise with any good advise because Uber is a terrible monster, a Greed machine!!!

Another instance from customers, Juno ride sharing app started in New York, people in New York believe it is Ubers sister company, to try to monopolize the market, they literally showed me the app and it is a mimmick of Uber, it is 33% less but their cut is only 10% so uber drivers in New York prefer Juno, but my belief is uber is trying to reinvent themselves and corner and monopolize the market.

Last edited: