1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Why do drivers care, if other drivers are playing games at the airport? Uber takes 33% from me.

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by KekeLo, Nov 14, 2017 at 6:53 AM.

?
  1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. I don't care, if Uber takes more than 20% or 25% from me

6 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. TurnUpT

TurnUpT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes, I agree. I don't cherry pick or call and ask for the destination. I get el Segundo, and the hotels on Century all the time.

What I meant is, when you're in the queue at 1-10 and they keep sending pings to pick people up at the hotels or rental spots, so we get punished for ignoring them by getting kicked out if the queue and also pings start to get throttled after awhile.

KekeLo likes this.
  2. 666cartman666

666cartman666 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I knew of at least 3 ways of queue jumping, but I didn't do it because it's just not fair to your fellow drivers. People say "we need to do this... go on strike.... unionize... ants need to stop taking base... blah blah blah" all these words of cooperation but are quick to try to screw other drivers by queue jumping and cherry picking.

As for Uber, I can understand why they did this. They need to protect their business. It's not good to have pax request rides over and over and not get a driver. Pax would eventually migrate to something else, which in the long run, wouldn't be good for the queue jumping cherry pickers either.

Shankster likes this.
  3. LA_Native

LA_Native Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's not good of Uber to pay drivers base while they charge pax surge.

4. KekeLo

KekeLo Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

Good idea:p

Exactly!!!:p

LA_Native and grams777 like this.
  5. LA_Native

Driving:
    UberX
    My hats off to you who are brave enough to work LAX. It just seems like such a hassle. I have no desire to pick up a pax there, and I live 10 minutes away.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 1:51 PM
    Kay1661 and KekeLo like this.

6. KekeLo

KekeLo Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

Who cares, if those paxs going 4 miles leave? You said that Uber is protecting its interests, what about the drivers?

This is why Uber should pay drivers $25 dollars no matter where those jerks are going. The paxes want us to go into the airport to pick them up, even when there's a shuttle bus to pick them up at the airport. WTF?:eek:

Yeah, I listened to arto71arto71 about short trips at the airport. " He said just do it and come back ":p

Showa50, grams777 and TurnUpT like this.
  7. Are you serious

Are you serious Active Member

It’s one thing to work for surge, it’s another to jack rides by screening, and playing games with fake gps. Most of us...well I wait for surge and get hosed most of the time.

I wonder if I will get the boot waiting for surge. But honestly I can’t drive 30 minutes in two mile for base. It’s not healthy.

MoreTips, KekeLo and TurnUpT like this.
  8. Uncle-not-Ant

Uncle-not-Ant Well-Known Member

Read the new agreement that YOU agreed to.

Their cherrypicking has screwed me and other honest drivers out of hundreds of decent rides...thats why.

I moved on to greener pastures and all but quit the pigpen last year, after getting sick of driving the cherrypicked paxholes over to El Segundo for $3.00.

I said nothing and figured the scammers would do themselves in at LAX ... but it took a lot longer than I expected.

Glad some cherrypickers got their well deserved permanent vacation.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 3:49 PM
    Uber_Yota_916 and Shankster like this.
  9. RUSSREED2.0

RUSSREED2.0 Well-Known Member

Or, we could all just be honest.

I called a PAX and I saw it was a base fare. Whenever LYFTS ETA says 13 mins, I know it's double. I checked WAZE. I kid you not, the true ETA was 26 mins. I went in my head base fare 26 mins, not a long haul. I called the PAX, told her look, there's traffic it's going to take me 26 minutes do you want to wait?

At first she went it's ok and secondly, went no let me request another one. Now imagine, being in all that traffic and your PAX cancels. She cancels, I talk to LYFT about ETA's, log off and napped :p! Sure enough log back on, got a ping PT and gone.

I say, be honest, be real, and move on.

MoreTips, Shankster, KekeLo and 2 others like this.
  10. mandreyka

mandreyka Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Pax won’t leave Uber or lyft , they are cheap fux that would never pay a taxi

KekeLo likes this.
  11. Uber20/20

Uber20/20 Active Member

Hard to believe. Most I got taken away (%) was rider paid 21 (5 tip) uber took 10. Which makes about less than 40% me and uber more than 60%

KekeLo likes this.
  12. Ilovik

Ilovik Well-Known Member

I have a trip from lax in which I got 5,60 and uber charged pax 26

13. deadmile

deadmile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    What kindof hat is this that's off KekeLoKekeLo ?? A beanie?? Baseball cap?? Cowboy hat?? Don't leave that open of a window

MoreTips, KekeLo and RUSSREED2.0 like this.
  14. Uber20/20

Uber20/20 Active Member

-4 airport fee makes 22
    22 fare - 5.6 u = 16.4 uber

16 fare - 10 uber = 6 me

44 fare - 33.77 uber = 10.23 serby

Seem like there are max % set by them

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 6:06 PM
    KekeLo likes this.
  15. TheRook

TheRook Active Member

Double this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

At first, as a dumb ass Rook, I thought the Cherrypickers were only filling their own greedy wallets at the expense of pax, and being smarter than the rest of us, like the taxi drivers who bumped the meter, screwed with the meters to run hot, or drove around the looooooong way to **** pax out of more $$$$-sorry sucker pax, but it didn't hurt the honest taxi drivers-

Now I get it-

These LAX **********s don't give a damn about other drivers, and were/are actually also screwing other drivers who follow the rules, who go in as required, wait in the que, only to get the crap rides at base to nowhere, while these scumbags consistently take big surge rides for long distances, and much, much bigger payouts.
    Screw them-

16. Uber20/20

Uber20/20 Active Member

Welcome to my World.
    Usually stuck que at 10-20 until surge disappeared

ea30 and KekeLo like this.
  17. LA_Native

Driving:
    UberX
    Drivers have a duty to look out for the interests of other drivers at v their own expense, eh? LoL

KekeLo and Ububu like this.
  18. pacman38

pacman38 Well-Known Member

You sir have balls of steel!

KekeLo likes this.
  19. KekeLo

KekeLo Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

I'm not a sir:cool:

You should be running game as well. One day, I'll show you how to double dip the quest incentive:p:):p

Exactly!!!:p

Thank you, for your post RUSSREED2.0RUSSREED2.0 :p:):p

What's dishonest about Cherry Picking?:rolleyes:

I like this post:p

TurnUpT and Rammmmin like this.
  20. Rammmmin

Rammmmin Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You're right if uber plays the game right and honest but as everyone know you can't trust uber so you are not trying to screw other drivers,
    I believe those driver perception is gaming the uber not harming other fellow drivers.