• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why continue to drive if you dont like U/L?

ftupelo

Keep talking. You haven't learned anything from yesterday. Your argument evidently is futile.
What is wrong with my comment? The gentleman has identified how the system works and who captures value. What else should I suggest other than to exploit his understanding of the system for his own benefit?

ZenUber

Not you, I was talking about @PioneerXi. I’m sure he just wants better for himself too, but his hater of Uber was so illogical, which is what my post pointed out to him.
Some people simply don’t know how to express it. They know when they’re being screwed, they just can’t explain it in terms of logic. If you want logic, you can always ask me.

ftupelo

Some people simply don’t know how to express it. They know when they’re being screwed, they just can’t explain it in terms of logic. If you want logic, you can always ask me.
A logical analysis would have read as such: sure the pay isn’t great, but given my situation I am so grateful to have a company and opportunity like UBER. I have no other options and they give me an opportunity to earn a living while taking care of my sick parents. Only in American through the beauty of capitalism do I have these options. To Travis, my parents and I say thank you sir.

peteyvavs

Seriously, why do some of you people continue to rideshare if you dont like it?

-low wages.
-not getting tipped.
-Pax themselves.

Why drive if you dont like the rate cuts? Go find a real job OR a better gig.
Please stop complaining about tips, they are not mandatory nor should you expect one.

Then I see threads on a strike? Do you really think that will work lol? Neither uber or Lyft cares whether you strike or not. There are THOUSANDS of new drivers to replace you. The goal of these companies is to make money. If getting rid of surge/primetime and cutting rates will help achieve that goal, then that's what Uber and Lyft will do.
Because I like to @@@@@ about all the roaches that call themselves management.

UberjackA

-low wages.
-not getting tipped.
-Pax themselves.

Please stop complaining about tips, they are not mandatory nor should you expect one.

Then I see threads on a strike? Do you really think that will work lol? Neither uber or Lyft cares whether you strike or not. There are THOUSANDS of new drivers to replace you. The goal of these companies is to make money. If getting rid of surge/primetime and cutting rates will help achieve that goal, then that's what Uber and Lyft will do.
I guess we can't find a real job? or just plain stupid?

zoobadger

I enjoy the work itself and would continue doing it if I could make even a respectable amount of money.

But I need to find a full-time job so I'll probably be done as a driver in a couple of months. I'm sure I'm one of thousands of good, safe, polite drivers who will be doing something else reasonably soon.

Uber/Lyft might actually believe the hype about driverless cars, I guess, because they have no concern whatsoever about building and maintaining a fleet of competent drivers. But when the rideshare app tells me to drop a PAX in the middle of an underpass with no sidewalk I'm kinda skeptical about the whole automated driving thing (as is anybody with half a brain who does this job).
Post automatically merged:

Yea airport rides are the holy grail. I LOVE THEM! I get giddy when I see luggage and a well dressed pax waiting. I help out with baggage, put on nice soft music and go out of my to have a lovely conversation getting to know them. I even let the clock run out once and kept waiting for one pax for a few extra mins to give her more time. $10 right away after the ride. People love talking about themselves on the way to the airport, maybe as stress release before a nerving flight. I get tips galore, can count on one hand how many times I haven’t been tipped for an airport or train station run.
Totally agree. Unfortunately, here in Chicago, you can't get a return trip from the airport easily or promptly. You'll spend a miserable 45 minutes battling other drivers to exit the absurdly ill-designed, too-small, filthy, and insulting staging lot. Indeed the O'Hare staging lot kinda encapsulates everything that's wrong with the rideshare infrastructure: it's built for cars that are driven by computers rather than humans.

U/L needs to understand that until driverless cars actually exist, they need to pay drivers a living wage and make sure we're able to do the job safely and productively. They clearly couldn't care less about that because they see humans as a temporary inconvenience until they find the Holy Grail of complete automation.

Last edited:

BigRedDriver

Obviously, the rideshare industry is not fundamentally unprofitable. Taxis have been around forever. I currently work in the rental car business and can tell you that industry is highly profitable. The concept of sharing vehicles for means of profit is not something Uber or Lyft just invented this century.

The problem is that Uber and Lyft are engaging in a race to the bottom. The quickest way to win that race to the bottom is by telling their employees (or driver partners) that they cannot pay a living wage because they are losing so much money. Ridesharing is profitable. Either Uber and Lyft are lying about their ACTUAL profitability, or they are doing it completely wrong.
I think you are right in multiple levels. What is actually happening is a crock.

Both rideshare companies lost focus. In the beginning rates were high enough that many millions accepted them (riders) and enough drivers were available to pick them up. Instead of testing how much more the rider was willing to pay on base fees, they went for finding out how little the drivers would accept.

What’s wrong with this picture?

PaxiCab

I hate hearing the term “real job” - first of all, even great w2 jobs have no job security, in an economy where job security is scarce, the term real job is a joke and people sound moronic saying it. People making six figures more often than now get handed a box and told they’ll be receiving severance pay. Any job legally sending you currency is a real job. However I do agree generally with this post, if you hate it don’t do it, and people really are trying to make this a career which is also moronic...even though I don’t think people are wrong to strike, it’s your right as a human. I complain from time to time but if I seriously was sharting stress bricks constantly I just wouldn’t do it. There are more options besides rideshare, literally 1000 more. It’s not the only job on the planet. Exploit fuber like they exploit you and take their clientele and charge them your own rate.

Gigaddict

-low wages.
-not getting tipped.
-Pax themselves.

Do drive? Looks like you're a PR person for FUBER. Remember Fuber relies on drivers for its earnings. Any action by drivers directly affect the organization and how it is perceived. You know why the Uber IPO tanked? The strike shook the confidence of prospective buyers of the stock, said the New York Times.