Why call a Uber with 2 full carts of food call a truck

Mark h Silvernail

Today I pulled up to Walmart and I knew , yup this had to be my pax. A Walmart greeter asked me if I was here for her and my reply was politely yes as long as those 2 carts are not hers. I politely got out and explained she needs a Uber XL and there was nothing I can do. I like the new rules not to handle passengers bags and no one in your front seat. I get $3.75 for the cancel as opposed to probably $5 for driving her a mile and then wonder who was going to bring in 30 bags. Uber you did 1 thing right now step 2 come on you can do it.

slackjaw

Some sucker will eventually take it and that's the problem.

I grew up in a poor family and know what it's like to not have very much money for luxury services, how it sucks not to have money for nice and convenient things.

It's not that I feel so entitled that I feel I'm "above that", it's that I'm doing this to make money and not as a charity.

SinTaxERROR

It was bad enough working for peanuts when there was no pandemic...

Working for “pandemic peanuts” brings a whole new meaning to it...

NicFit

I don’t mind Walmart, I have a big cargo area with a weathertech mat that the passengers can use. I don’t help them load or unload unless it’s an oversized item so they won’t scratch my car. I can see the pay with Uber now and weather or not if it’s Walmart under $10 don’t get accepted. To me it’s hardly any different then an airport run, as long as they are ready and out front I don’t mind the loading, just gotta watch they don’t try to ram the shopping cart into the bumper. They tip about the rate as any other passenger, most of the time they do since they can tell they are extra work and don’t want a negative rating

SHalester

Wow. I guess if one has a precious prius they have legit concerns. But anyone else with a full or mid sized SUV, what is the issue? And now we don't even have to have any shame if we don't pop out to help.
If I have a choice between waiting for a ping, or being on a trip I select the trip every time. thank goodness the population of drivers aren't represented here. Let the WOWs descend. I'm ready. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edit: I should amend this a bit. For first ping of the day, while I'm waiting in my middle class media room the ping gotta be around $7 to get me to shutdown the equipment and go........

Uberguyken

Wow. I guess if one has a precious prius they have legit concerns. But anyone else with a full or mid sized SUV, what is the issue? And now we don't even have to have any shame if we don't pop out to help.
If I have a choice between waiting for a ping, or being on a trip I select the trip every time. thank goodness the population of drivers aren't represented here. Let the WOWs descend. I'm ready. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Precious like a treasure we should bury...

sellkatsell44

1590254863438.jpeg

Edit: I should amend this a bit. For first ping of the day, while I'm waiting in my middle class media room the ping gotta be around $7 to get me to shutdown the equipment and go........
1590254968826.jpeg

z_z_z_

This is an obvious problem with the current U/L system, used to drive a cab and the company would force you to take these people (especially if you were a new guy) so they didn't get a bad name in the community or in trouble with the city.

Only place worse than a Walmart is a laundrymat.

This is why U/L were pushing acceptance rates so hard to avoid any kind of discrimination (against poor people/neighborhoods), but now that "requirement" has fallen apart these Walmart pax are going to have to figure it out eventually, and if they are smart they will offer a cash tip upfront like it used to be in the cab business or risk being left at the door.

Either that or U/L gets smart and triples the meter rate for time, then we can sit all day while pax load/unload.

CJfrom619

Today I pulled up to Walmart and I knew , yup this had to be my pax. A Walmart greeter asked me if I was here for her and my reply was politely yes as long as those 2 carts are not hers. I politely got out and explained she needs a Uber XL and there was nothing I can do. I like the new rules not to handle passengers bags and no one in your front seat. I get $3.75 for the cancel as opposed to probably $5 for driving her a mile and then wonder who was going to bring in 30 bags. Uber you did 1 thing right now step 2 come on you can do it.
Don’t pick up from grocery stores at all. How many people go shopping 20 miles away from home? Very few. Play the percentages.