Why are you still driving rideshare or delivery?

2win

The federal government is going to pay the jobless $600 a week for the next 4 months. In addition some drivers will be eligible for state unemployment as well. I can’t put together the reason for anyone to be driving rideshare, delivery, anything.

Are you a dare devil? Do you live with someone you want to infect with the coronavirus?

Here are the possible reasons people may still be driving that I can think of.

1) Too stubborn to file for unemployment
2) Haven’t figured out how to apply for unemployment
3) Think you can make more driving every week than collecting unemployment

I know nobody has received unemployment money yet so I suppose the reason I would accept is that you have applied for unemployment but are still driving to put food on the table until it pays ou

UbaBrah

Well, if you consider that most of the country has already been locked down for 3 weeks, and bills don't stop in the meantime, then it's semi-understandable.

Don't underestimate how close to the edge people tend to live. Many are a few weeks away from homelessness. And let's face it, the unemployment system is in shambles. When people are actually getting the 600 deposited each week, there is no reason to drive that I can come up with. But I think many are trying to work ahead, or have short term cash crunch issues.

People are already being forced to choose between money and health, and they shouldn't have to. Hopefully they are at least taking precautions with minimal contact, and avoid working in hot spots where possible.

Soldiering

I am a four year veteran driver here in PHX. I am still 🚗 as there is need for essential workers to get too their employment. This week I managed to gross 600. As far as unemployment is concerned I don't care too much about it. I'm in a position to work or not work. I changed how I live after the recession in 07. And yes I do things to protect myself an others

2win

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am a four year veteran driver here in PHX. I am still 🚗 as there is need for essential workers to get too their employment. This week I managed to gross 600. As far as unemployment is concerned I don't care too much about it. I'm in a position to work or not work. I changed how I live after the recession in 07. And yes I do things to protect myself an others
That’s nice that you feel you are supporting essential services. However from what I’ve seen and read you are also supporting the spread as many passengers are not going to their essential jobs.

You don’t care too much about unemployment? What does that mean?? You will make more not driving. So what’s the point? No hobbies? Soul satisfaction? If you want to volunteer I’m certain there are plenty of options that don’t require racking up miles on your car.

How are you protecting yourself and others? Mask?

W00dbutcher

Because some people are rebels and do whatever the hell they want. just because you're scared of catching the disease doesn't make everybody afraid. This is what's called fear-mongering. Let people decide for themselves whether or not they want to risk it or go home and cower in a corner like everybody else. Unfortunately this world must continue on and some people just don't believe in the hype, don't care, convinced they're healthy enough they won't die, or simply just don't want to be at home. so this rhetoric of people why are you still driving go home crap really is falling on nothing but deaf ears cuz the people that want to go out or going to go. The people that are a home are going to be at home. Concentrate on something a little bit more productive than @@@@@ing at people that don't give a s*** what you think.
Post automatically merged:

Besides that, there are people that still need to go to work that are essential to this world. They risked her life dealing with this on a daily basis because it's their job. their civic duty if you want to call it that just like we are doing right now transporting these people that have to go to work. We are doing a doody that nobody else wants to do. should the firemen all go home, should the police go home, should the people that take care of the elderly and nurses and everybody in the hospital go home, should rideshare go home because of that, no!

SHalester

Why did you include delivery? You want more restaurants to simply fail? Those doing delivery are making $$ now. The mystery $600, is that so far. UI checks are a nit compared to actually working.

You do you and everybody else will do what they need. I drove the first 2 weeks of the SAH order for my county, then stopped because don't need the additional risk since my wife works at a hospital with patients. We didn't need double risk. Everybody has their own story; try not to be so demanding everybody follow what you are doing. Learn to moderate.

W00dbutcher

And another thing about this unemployment, that's peanuts compared to what I make now. In the last five weeks I've made no less than $800. and still doing something that I believe is right because somebody has to do it, somebody has to put their life on the line to keep this country going in one way or another, someone has to go in and defuse The bomb so to speak!

DriverMark

Because of uncertainty.....

I won't get unemployment from rideshare, but I do have a full time job. Bills don't stop, and I would prefer to continue stocking any little cash I can. Only doing delivery now. Making about $300 a week. I was pulling 1k week from rideshare.

How long will the lockdown continue?
How long after lockdown before U/L returns to normal levels? If it does?

If this goes on for 3-4 months (Lord help us if goes longer than that! ), prefer having as much cash on hand as I can. And I'm not in an urban area. People spread out here, risk a bit lower.

W00dbutcher

People are still driving because.............

-They are bad at risk assessment
-They are stupid
-They cannot stop for purely financial reasons
So everybody else that's going to work is stupid as well by your thinking? The type of job does not determine if you're stupid or not. Your ignorance in the matter shows you how stupid you are my friend. So if you really want to call somebody stupid point them out and remember there's still three fingers pointing back at you.

GreatWhiteHope

Why are you not minding your own
The federal government is going to pay the jobless $600 a week for the next 4 months. In addition some drivers will be eligible for state unemployment as well. I can’t put together the reason for anyone to be driving rideshare, delivery, anything.

Are you a dare devil? Do you live with someone you want to infect with the coronavirus?

Here are the possible reasons people may still be driving that I can think of.

1) Too stubborn to file for unemployment
2) Haven’t figured out how to apply for unemployment
3) Think you can make more driving every week than collecting unemployment

I know nobody has received unemployment money yet so I suppose the reason I would accept is that you have applied for unemployment but are still driving to put food on the table until it pays ou
Why are you not minding your own business?
Post automatically merged:

Last edited by a moderator:

SHalester

Which reason did you choose ? Number 3 is my guess.
I would think that anybody who is driving or doing delivery it is reason #3, which really, should have been listed first. Just saying. Didn't your parents tell you to not use the word 'stupid'? Hum.

GreatWhiteHope

I would think that anybody who is driving or doing delivery it is reason #3, which really, should have been listed first. Just saying. Didn't your parents tell you to not use the word 'stupid'? Hum.
Regardless of whatever anybody’s reason is. I think a plan to rely on the federal government is @@@@ing @@@@@@ed yeah they’re going to give you some scraps but it’s gonna take a really @@@@ing long time even start getting it what are you gonna do in the meantime play with yourself at home yeah cool

Last edited by a moderator:

Soldiering

And another thing about this unemployment, that's peanuts compared to what I make now. In the last five weeks I've made no less than $800. and still doing something that I believe is right because somebody has to do it, somebody has to put their life on the line to keep this country going in one way or another, someone has to go in and defuse The bomb so to speak!
I'm with you bro. I'm still doing what I do not making quite as much as you though. I'm averaging 550 to 600 a week. Wish I could say Pax were tipping more but not the case