Inshur

Why are you so excited about Taxify?

Username47

Some people on this forum are so excited about Taxify, and so many drivers have signed up for them as well

Its 10% cheaper than Uber
No Surge
No tips
No destination/ home button
Longer drive times to riders because not enough drivers

All for 5% less commission

babasanfur

Screenshot_20170906-025325.png

Blimey I've done the same job earlier for £60 inc £10 to the counter

UberLuxbod

Yes youre right, it will be the same backside in same vehicle using 2 apps on the go. Not exactly a scientific calculation.

You can take a horse to water you can't make it drink

The reason these other parasitic Companies will try to start up in London is the supply of gullible Drivers.

Do you really want to work for a Company that is illegally accepting and allocating work using a Trading Name that isn't on the Op Lic?

Better check your Insurance as you are likely to be uninsured.

Robertino

1. While I was approaching Earls Court on A4 from West London, I got first ping – 12.8 miles away :biggrin:

2. My radius is set to 1km, but I`m getting pings from 2-3 miles away. 2 miles in central London takes ages, people are not willing to wait. Looot of riders cancelled. Even I was already close, they canceled. I got so pissed off for that, decided to stop and went home. People seem to be willing to wait for 5 minutes at most. If it takes me 10-14 minutes, no point even driving there, I`m just doing dead miles because they cancel while I`m going there. Wasted time and fuel driving dead miles. Looks like riders are not getting charged for cancellations. And even if they would be, you cannot charge them if they pick cash payment.

3. Navigation. Taxify navigation(I wouldn`t even call it navigation) is crap. It’s more like just a map. In settings I have set to Waze, but it never worked, I have to click on 3 stripes in top right corner and manually start Waze every time I start a trip. At least pax destination is automatically entered in Waze.

4. Looks like Taxify does not require riders to enter their full name as I had pings from G and " " - yes, empty space, nothing there.

5. No feature like on Uber where you can set your destination and Uber would try getting you ride going that way. I would not have to go 17 miles home empty.

I asked every single riders how did they find out about Taxify? They said AM news online, Times Financial News, Business News, social media. It has spread like a virus within a day because of the 50% discounted price and minimum fare of 2.50 instead of Ubers 5 quid. People say it’s cheaper than public transport and they are loving it crazy. But obviously they don`t know it’s only for short while and it’s subsidised. I asked them why they took Taxify instead of Uber? 1. Price. It’s cheaper than Uber. 2. Uber drivers often cancel rides.

It was my first ever driving on any kind of app. I was a bit like headless chicken, did not know where to go after I dropped off pax. Purely experimental shift. Went to Central London way too early, around half past 7, traffic was very heavy. No earlier than 22:00.

Lot of pings in central London. Max 5 min. and ping.

Hogster

1. While I was approaching Earls Court on A4 from West London, I got first ping – 12.8 miles away :biggrin:

2. My radius is set to 1km, but I`m getting pings from 2-3 miles away. 2 miles in central London takes ages, people are not willing to wait. Looot of riders cancelled. Even I was already close, they canceled. I got so pissed off for that, decided to stop and went home. People seem to be willing to wait for 5 minutes at most. If it takes me 10-14 minutes, no point even driving there, I`m just doing dead miles because they cancel while I`m going there. Wasted time and fuel driving dead miles. Looks like riders are not getting charged for cancellations. And even if they would be, you cannot charge them if they pick cash payment.

3. Navigation. Taxify navigation(I wouldn`t even call it navigation) is crap. It’s more like just a map. In settings I have set to Waze, but it never worked, I have to click on 3 stripes in top right corner and manually start Waze every time I start a trip. At least pax destination is automatically entered in Waze.

4. Looks like Taxify does not require riders to enter their full name as I had pings from G and " " - yes, empty space, nothing there.

5. No feature like on Uber where you can set your destination and Uber would try getting you ride going that way. I would not have to go 17 miles home empty.

I asked every single riders how did they find out about Taxify? They said AM news online, Times Financial News, Business News, social media. It has spread like a virus within a day because of the 50% discounted price and minimum fare of 2.50 instead of Ubers 5 quid. People say it’s cheaper than public transport and they are loving it crazy. But obviously they don`t know it’s only for short while and it’s subsidised. I asked them why they took Taxify instead of Uber? 1. Price. It’s cheaper than Uber. 2. Uber drivers often cancel rides.

It was my first ever driving on any kind of app. I was a bit like headless chicken, did not know where to go after I dropped off pax. Purely experimental shift. Went to Central London way too early, around half past 7, traffic was very heavy. No earlier than 22:00.

Did you learn anything from all those 15 cancellations?

15 reasons to delete the app lol

Robertino

I assume once there are more drivers on the road, pax will not be cancelling so often as ETA will be around 2-5 minute mark. It was only first day for Taxify. I think they have done very well for 1st day. I did not expect to see so many pings. While those cancellations did me piss me off and I went home, give it a week, it should be better.

uberupnorth

Who do you normally work for if you don't mind me asking? Are you usually based around central?

Robertino

Local firm, small, new. Minimum fare 30 quid, 20% commission. 15-50 mile rides, a bit of airport pickups. 95% prepaid trips and 24hr in advance. Lot of motorway driving which I love - less traffic, I get 75 mpg on my car (just 41 mpg in city/Soho small streets). I am not usually in central London. If you mean Soho as Central London.