Why are uberx riders worse than select and luxury riders?

Nonya busy

Why are uberx riders worse than select and luxury riders?

I drive select, but sometimes I have to do x because it's too slow. I hate doing x though and I just don't do pool anymore.

For some reason x passengers have the highest expectations. They're the first to complain and will rate negative quickly. How do you handle the x passengers?

I'm experienced but always open to new ideas I haven't thought of before.

Nonya busy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because of drivers like you who do x rides in select cars.
Or because drivers like both of us who drive for pennies? That's like the crackhead looking down on the pill popper.

You trade your self respect in if you drive for more than 90 days.

ZenUber

I called the Amazon affect. We are creating a culture of consumers who expect everything for nothing.

Munsuta

That's because we live in a society full of entitled princesses who believe that everyone around them works for their benefit. It's like living in a bucket full of crabs trying to escape.

I once had a aux cord, chargers, and water. After to many shitty songs, a blown out fuse, and a empty water bottle on my floor all a pax gets is a what's up (insert name) and a thumbs up. I still get tipped consistently and my rating has not dropped below a 4.88 and fluctuates between 4.88-4.91, it's not like the rating system even makes sense or matters anyways.

Another Uber Driver

It is the same thing when you compare Uber Taxi users to UberX users. Chicago has Uber Taxi (they call it "Uber Cab", there). I am sure that there is more than one Chicago cab driver who also drives UberX/Lyft. We have more than a few who do that in the Capital of Your Nation (I am one--we must have a different car for X/Lyft).

I would much rather haul an Uber Taxi user than an UberX user.

The Taxi user is usually toes-to-the-kerb. He watches your progress on the application and sends you a message that he is crossing the street so that you need not make a U-turn or work the one-ways to get to him. If there is a fire, demonstration, or they are holding up traffic for some Self-Important-Jack-Donkey-Who-Thinks-That-This-Is-A-Byzantine-Monarchy-And-Not-A-Republic, the Taxi user sends you a message to meet him at an intersection two blocks away so that he can get his ride.

The X user wonders why he gets shuffled when he is still upstairs after he has summoned his ride to his office building where there is a NO STANDING IN RUSH HOUR zone. The X user sees that you are across the street and can not make a U-Turn. He "blows up your telephone" (I believe that is the current millennial term for it) with text messages telling you that he is across the street. If you actually do go to pick him up, he downrates you. If you do not pick him up, he wonders why he gets shuffled. If there is a fire, demonstration or they are holding up traffic for some Self Important Jack Donkey, the X user calls you and complains that you are taking too long. If you pick him up, it is a guaranteed One Star. If you do not, he wonders why so many drivers cancel on him.

These are just a few. There are more.

Nonya busy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is the same thing when you compare Uber Taxi users to UberX users. Chicago has Uber Taxi (they call it "Uber Cab", there). I am sure that there is more than one Chicago cab driver who also drives UberX/Lyft. We have more than a few who do that in the Capital of Your Nation (I am one--we must have a different car for X/Lyft).

I would much rather haul an Uber Taxi user than an UberX user.

The Taxi user is usually toes-to-the-kerb. He watches your progress on the application and sends you a message that he is crossing the street so that you need not make a U-turn or work the one-ways to get to him. If there is a fire, demonstration, or they are holding up traffic for some Self-Important-Jack-Donkey-Who-Thinks-That-This-Is-A-Byzantine-Monarchy-And-Not-A-Republic, the Taxi user sends you a message to meet him at an intersection two blocks away so that he can get his ride.

The X user wonders why he gets shuffled when he is still upstairs after he has summoned his ride to his office building where there is a NO STANDING IN RUSH HOUR zone. The X user sees that you are across the street and can not make a U-Turn. He "blows up your telephone" (I believe that is the current millennial term for it) with text messages telling you that he is across the street. If you actually do go to pick him up, he downrates you. If you do not pick him up, he wonders why he gets shuffled. If there is a fire, demonstration or they are holding up traffic for some Self Important Jack Donkey, the X user calls you and complains that you are taking too long. If you pick him up, it is a guaranteed One Star. If you do not, he wonders why so many drivers cancel on him.

These are just a few. There are more.
I picked up an uberx user. He said the previous rider was an a hole because he could've waited until the passenger got out the shower and got dressed. X is just terrible.

Another Uber Driver

I picked up an uberx user. He said the previous rider was an a hole because he could've waited until the passenger got out the shower and got dressed
(emphasis added)

I am assuming that you meant "driver". We used to get those low grade customers in the cab business, but, they seem to have migrated to UberX, Pool and Lyft. They used to be in the shower like the customer that you cited. If the driver did wait, as soon as the customer appeared, he used to inform the customer in a courteous, businesslike and professional manner that there would be a charge for the time that he had to wait (from 1931-2008, the cabs in the Capital of Your Nation did not have meters). The usual reaction was one of combined hostility and amazement. These people saw no reason why there should be a price on your time.

I used to ask these people if they ever had held a job where they were paid by the hour. Most of them answered that they had. I then informed them that this meant that their time was worth something. They agreed. I then asked them what made them think that mine was not. Of course, no one likes to be called on his OOM-WAH-WAH, so that elicited even more hostile reactions.

What is funny is that these cheapskates still think that they are saving a pile of money by using UberX. In my market, at least, the only time that there was a significant price difference between UberX and a cab was 2014-mid 2017. In fact, in my market, on the short and mediocre trips, the cab is often a little less. If they are taking a longer trip, there is a noticeable difference, but, even then, it is not that much. It is funny, but I get more trips to Dulles Airport (twenty-eight, or so, miles from Downtown Washington) on Uber Taxi than I do on UberX.

Matt Uterak

It is regional. I drove in a metro area and people were jerks.

I now drive in a smallish town and almost Everyone is a joy. The only two 4*s came from tourists on airport pickups.

Culture has a lot to do with it, a longtime West Oakland resident is different than a long time Boisie resident.

grayspinner

It's psychological -

We value what costs us (money, time, effort...) more than we value that which is cheap or free.

X is too cheap & the passengers don't appreciate it. The more you give them with the ride, the less they value it.

Select/lux costs enough that the passengers value it. Sure, they have expectations - but those are generally reasonable (they want a clean car that works and a driver who knows what they are doing) and if they want more, they will generally be willing to pay for it. They also tip better - they rate better too, but that doesn't really matter.