Why are Uber & Lyft segregated from the regular taxi queue?

ubersrqgal

for one, they are first come first serve and don't use a platform like we do. Two, we are grouped away from them so we don't have any conflicts, considering the taxi companies absolutely hate us.

really not

Diplomat pays a license to the airport to be the exclusive taxi company to SRQ. You will not see other cab companies in the que there. They have a desk at the end of baggage to summon up the next Diplomat taxi in their queque. You will see limo companies that have permits to pick up there. This area that they use is exclusive to them, the limo company cars are inspected when they come to pick up Rideshare companies are not. This area is also for the bus company. You should be grateful that SRQ took away 16 parking spaces from paying travelers to provide an area for you to wait for your PAX. The rest of you guys that answered the question don't know WTF you are talking about. And it is ironic that 3 out of the 4 of you that commented are from the Tampa market. no wonder you don't know wtf you are talking about.

Dallas007

You should be grateful that SRQ took away 16 parking spaces from paying travelers to provide an area for you to wait for your PAX. .
Normally I’m working the AMI area ; but when a ride takes me to SRQ, I try and pick up something returning; though very slow there compared to the larger airports. I do see 5 or so spaces in row 8A for ‘Lyft / Uber’ ... but you mentioned 16... are there others or has it been reduced?

Also, is it required that pax walk out to the 8A area or can you pick up curb side?
... or even other areas of the parking lot?
e.g. yesterday i had a drop off and then waited (was at 29 mins ready to leave the parking area while still free :smiles: ; got an XL ping while it was raining. I pulled over in the parking lot to just under covered cross walk to pick up the family. The police walked over ; to observe but never said anything. (I was able to get out of the lot under the 30min window...and they were headed to AMI; so all worked out :smiles:)