1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Why are rideshare drivers not organizing?

Discussion in 'Advocacy' started by REX HAVOC, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well-Known Member

The app IS working.

This app is simply designed to alert drivers to collective actions in thier (profile) set areas. The numbers (of drivers) are just not there yet. Use the (app) forums to suggest a collective action in your area. It can then be coordinated from there and if there are other drivers in your area who run the app or registerd with the RSDU website they will all receive a message pop on thier phone (or via email if they dont have the app installed) about the collective action about to take place in thier area with instructions and more information.

More info here:
    http://ridesharedriversunited.com

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    circle1 likes this.
  2. ErkanAk

ErkanAk Active Member

Check please your pm.

3. Trafficat

Trafficat Active Member

Personally I don't want to be a W2 employee. I prefer being a contractor and all the advantages associated with that. I'd rather Uber respect our contractor nature more and be more hands-off than to be more hands-on and make us into employees.

If you guys who want to be W2 employees get your way you'll probably also need to work assigned shifts. In otherwords, you'll be taxi drivers for a different cab company. I don't want assigned shifts.

PCH5150, Blackout 702 and circle1 like this.
  4. Polomarko

Polomarko Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If you do not stand up for yourself, nobody will. Keep on being a slave.

5. Polomarko

Polomarko Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Who first fined a contractor that charge $18.00 per/hour Drink will be my treat.

6. Polomarko

Polomarko Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This way of thinking, desperation, evapreted our middle clas.

7. SwarmCityOregon

SwarmCityOregon New Member

Peer to peer is next

circle1 likes this.
  8. Driving and Driven

Driving and Driven Well-Known Member

And people will be like "Then why do you do it? Stop driving for them if you don't like it!"

What do you think promoting it on social media will do? People want their cheap rides.

9. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

Cheap rides was the great innovation that made Uber popular in the first place.

Otherwise, people would still be taking taxis.

10. SwarmCityOregon

Swarm City peer to peer

11. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

Could you please elaborate on this a little? Thank you.

SwarmCityOregon likes this.
  12. Elmo Burrito

Elmo Burrito Active Member

Too many part time drivers by Ubers design. Part time drivers have much less skin in the game, and won't pay union dues for support of a union leadership council. I don't like union bosses but, would consider support of an elected "union council" made up of "veteran" "honest" ride share drivers ONLY. They would have to have their own financial house in order and would have a cap on their compensation.

SwarmCityOregon and circle1 like this.
  13. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

A guild. Members would pay dues based on their average monthly time on the app, on a rolling six-month basis. It's just "cloud talk" right now, though.

Elmo Burrito likes this.
  14. SwarmCityOregon

We have a global rideshare network already by the People on Facebook that is larger than that of Uber. The entire service industry in the USA is available to use on Facebook (AID, AIR, ART..). Look for The Hive / Swarm City. Decentralized. Disintermediate #deleteuber #deletethemall

15. SwarmCityOregon

The International Rideshare Rights League>US Rideshare Rights Federation(>Oregon Rideshare Rights Republic>Oregon Rideshare Rights Petitions): Participate in the People regulating TNCs by joining + representation on Facebook