Why are fares so low?

Shwnjrrtt23

I started driving here a week ago and I'm from nyc i did uber there and the fares are way higher. How can the fares go up here this city has alot of miles but .60 cents per mile is ridiculous. Also why on minimum fares uber makes more then the driver. Back home 8 was the minimum and you made 5.39 off that trip.

UberUber81

I'm sorry you moved here with great expectations. Our market is saturated with drivers, good luck out there.

Shwnjrrtt23

But I didn't come here on expectations I thought the pay would be way better but I'm doing this till i find a job on my been here 2 weeks. But in NYC there are way more drivers there than here I can tell you that for sure but they need to raise the miles to atleast .80 cents n the minutes to like .10 cents

Jeff1205

I started driving here a week ago and I'm from nyc i did uber there and the fares are way higher. How can the fares go up here this city has alot of miles but .60 cents per mile is ridiculous. Also why on minimum fares uber makes more then the driver. Back home 8 was the minimum and you made 5.39 off that trip.
We could make a killing if Uber raised the /mile rate like you said because Jacksonville is so spread out. We all know Uber wouldn't want that though!

Your best bet is to research different areas to work. There are other cities that pay more.

KMANDERSON

Because people drive for those low fares