• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why are drivers surprised with 4 star votes?

SHalester

as a pax I've only given less than 5 stars when the vehicle itself sounded like the rear axle was going to fall out. No vehicle inspections in Florida? Well, they need 'em.
And, at that, I did 3 stars.
As a driver, so far, have given all 5's in 2 months. Lady today almost got 4; she was late and wanted me to SPEED. And from ping I was at her location in like 2 minutes, sheesh. Not my problem you late......

Fat Man

I guess I should get less than 4 stars given I usually ware flip flops to go drive goober! And they usually aren't worn! :thumbup: Who gives a shit what a passenger rates you! If you get there from point a to point b that is more than good enough. My rating is 4.8 for last 2 years and I just don't care about it honestly. Don't worry about the rating. Worry about making money! Rating will work it self out.

KK2929

Sorry ...newish driver here @MustangMinteen

I am very concerned about my rating, being new and not even 500 trips. Can you elaborate on techniques you use to avoid the 4 star. Seems to me many pax think this is a good rating
-----------------------------
No matter what you do, you will get 4 star and below. Keep the car clean, inside and out. Neutral soft, relaxing music and use only the radio speakers in the front and volume low. Nothing worse then having music blasting in your ear if you are sitting in the back seat.
I do not offer anything but a safe ride in a clean car. I talk to them if they show they want to talk. Otherwise, I greet them when they enter, confirm the name on the request and the destination.
Customer Service. 80% of this job.
Being concerned about your rating will drive you crazy. Uber makes it very difficult to keep a high rating. You have to get a lot of 5 star to overcome one 4 star. In 500 trips, when it drops it will rarely recover to an upper 4.9xx

Last edited:

Don'tchasethesurge

Hey troll I don’t offer anything except safe ride and maybe charging cord. I have 4.95 rating. I have people ask me for water and mints I just tell them I don’t have them... still get my 5st ... people be doing extra and still getting under 5. People appreciate better good driving, thoughtful pick up and drop off.

KK2929

I have a 4.94. I have gum, and aux cord and chargers but I don't openly offer any of them. If the pax asks, I'm more than happy to offer.

I suppose there should be a rating system published by Uber/Lyft. I tell my pax (when the subject comes up) that 5* means you got from point A to point B in relative safety and comfort. That's the purpose of Uber. It's not a resort hotel.

4*, 3*, 2* or 1* means the driver should be fired.

/thread
-----------------------------
??? Sorry, I have to comment -- first of all , we are not employees, so we cannot be fired. Second, the lower ratings are TOTALLY out of our control and a driver will NEVER, I repeat NEVER, please 100% of the pax. So, you are recommending that drivers who get below a 5 star be deactivated for something out of their control and determined by the fickle nature of their passengers. Surely , you see the error in that thinking?

Fat Man

GOOBER is going to do what it wants WHEN it wants to. I don't care how a passenger rates the trip honestly. I have a 4.91 rating and don't care one second about it honestly. Its about being friendly, polite and getting them to their destination. PERIOD. If you concentrate on the money and less about gum, water, aux cords or opening their door for them the rating will work out.

SHalester

my first 4 today. Pax was late and wanted me to speed. Got to her in under 2 minutes, no thank you on that. I guess I didn't speed fast enough.......now rocking a 4.97 :roflmao:

ZenUber

If:

You don't offer drinks and charging
You show up at a wrong location
You ask for five stars

And other people don't

Then why would you get five stars?
If:
You are paying less for the ride than what it costs the driver to provide that ride,

Then why should you expect anything extra, that was never actually a part of the deal?

Galveston

If:

You don't offer drinks and charging
You show up at a wrong location
You ask for five stars

And other people don't

Then why would you get five stars?
Because if you give 4 stars you are saying they should be fired
Post automatically merged:

No food, no aux and no chargers.

Just get in, STFU and get off at your destination. I am not an entertainer nor a snack machine or a 711.
Considering the people I drive around are barely scraping by and can’t tip and can’t take the bus because walking is faster here, it’s not economical for me to offer waters or candy. I tried that. Desperate people thought I was a free grocery store

merryon2nd

Oh, good lord it's another AveragePerson/Lilcindy, and I wanna punch a puppy in the face for it. lmao

But...seriously. I have an AUX and charger. That are ALWAYS on my phone, keeping me at full, and playing MY music. Need a charger? You shouldn't. You should be charging that phone to full before you leave. And you don't need to spend every minute talking on it, texting on it, snapchatting/instagramming/tweeting/facebooking on it or taking a million selfies with it. You choose to. And your lack of restraint is far from MY problem. I keep gum in the car FOR ME for those long distance rides, to help stay alert. Want to listen to your music during a short trip, pop in some earbuds, because I'm not changing it. Maybe a long trip, IF you ask nicely. I'm actually a wonderful conversationalist though, well versed in a lot of different topics, and I wouldn't mind having a nice conversation instead.
My car gets cleaned twice a week because I'm OCD and military-raised to like things NCO (I could care less if pax like it or not) and always smells softly of fresh vanilla because its a mostly neutral scent that is almost universally enjoyed (especially by me). I don't eat or drink in my car, and I don't smoke at all. So you're not doing any of those either. Because, you know, you don't pay my car payments, and Uber or you don't own MY car. I'm not waiting for you to go to the bank, grab a drink, or shop. You're an adult, and there's no reason that that crap couldn't be handled before you got in my car.
I'm not responsible for you not understanding how to drop a pin or manually put in an address for your actual location. I'm not your babysitter. I go to the spot YOU indicate. If that's off, its because you made it that way. You can call me, and give me your proper location. If I'm willing to go to that location will be a crapshoot though. Afterall, I'm not being compensated for going extra blocks to pick your idiotic self up, and I already know you'll downrate me for your stupid, despite it being YOUR responsibility and not mine.
If you make any notion that you're better than me, or try to demean me in any way, I'll put you out, and you can walk the rest of the way, or call another car. I hope your replacement ride ends up just like me. And I hope this all makes you late for wherever you're going.

In short, thank you OP for reminding me exactly why I lose more hope for the human race every day. :biggrin:

SHalester

makes you wonder how some drivers miss the fact they agree to have warm bodies in their car as part of the job. sheesh.

merryon2nd

Makes most people wonder when people forgot that they do not own everything that they touch, how to be thankful when something is done for them, and that they should be held accountable for their own actions. Or at least it should. And if it doesn't, then you're most likely part of society's problems.