• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why are drivers surprised with 4 star votes?

MustangMinteen

If:

You don't offer drinks and charging
You show up at a wrong location
You ask for five stars

And other people don't

Then why would you get five stars?

DoYouEvenLyft?

Most drivers don't understand the principle of customer service. I've been in uber's with:

*Dirty windows
*reeks of cigarette/weed smoke
*Driver who drives with both feet

I agree, how can they expect 5 stars when they do not even put the comfort of the pax first?

Xjen

Agree..
show up at wrong location to pickup
But did you ever check your pickup pin in the app?
Negative..
drink and snacks and phone changer
Those are not required to complete your trip And Don’t you worry about poisoned drink and snacks?

I drove more than 4000 trips, only one guy dare to asking gum,my answer is...sorry I don’t have any, my car is gum and snacks free even my kids is sit in

Clint Torres

Sorry ...newish driver here @MustangMinteen

I am very concerned about my rating, being new and not even 500 trips. Can you elaborate on techniques you use to avoid the 4 star. Seems to me many pax think this is a good rating

oleole20

If:

You ask for five stars

And other people don't

Drivers offer :
water and mints
Charging cable
Aux cord / Bluetooth connection

Drivers doesn't get 5 star and NO tip. Or pax doesn't rate because it's optional.

There's a lot of paxhole out there and you can't please all of them. I stop giving water and mints 3 yrs ago and I still receives 5 star.

Ssgcraig

If not offering drinks and snacks means I get 4* all day long. So be it....

It's an Uber X, if your hungry put a stop in at the gas station... I'm not a snack machine you cheap bastards..
I agree, you are getting a ride. Uber isn't a café. I do offer charge cords, it lets people that are forgetful charge so they can order another Uber for the ride home.

People that offer snacks, water and other BS have grow a mustache to hide the stretch marks.

Nightrider82

In the winter I keep a case of water in my trunk for myself. I offer to pax only on long surge rides. Other than that, sit back and enjoy the ride. I only have a conversation if the pax starts it and if it isn’t to my liking I give short answers. Rating is 4.91, I’m a d*** if need to be so I have a few 1s. Rating system is a crapshoot anyways.

AnointedOne

Please don't tell me you guys also provide a free massage to get 5* :roflmao:. I get 5* plus decent tips without all of that crap mentioned above. STOP SPOILING PAX...LES!!

nouberipo

If:

You ask for five stars

And other people don't

ok entitled millennial who doesn't own their own car because they are entitled to be shuffled around at the same expense of a bus fare. Paxoles need to really take stock of why they are paxoles and your posting is a good start.

VanGuy

Please don't tell me you guys also provide a free massage to get 5* :roflmao:. I get 5* plus decent tips without all of that crap mentioned above. STOP SPOILING PAX...LES!!
Just train your trunk monkey to do massage. Mid ride let them know he gets a little upset if they don't tip and they don't want to see him when he's angry. :smiles:

Ylinks

Experienced drivers don't give a s@@@ what you rate them. Your 1 in 500. Just be careful not to get the same driver twice.

losiglow

I have a 4.94. I have gum, and aux cord and chargers but I don't openly offer any of them. If the pax asks, I'm more than happy to offer.

I suppose there should be a rating system published by Uber/Lyft. I tell my pax (when the subject comes up) that 5* means you got from point A to point B in relative safety and comfort. That's the purpose of Uber. It's not a resort hotel.

4*, 3*, 2* or 1* means the driver should be fired.

/thread

tohunt4me

If not offering drinks and snacks means I get 4* all day long. So be it....

It's an Uber X, if your hungry put a stop in at the gas station... I'm not a snack machine you cheap bastards..
If:

You ask for five stars

And other people don't

Want " SERVICE" ?

LEARN TO PAY FOR IT !!!

YOU ARE PAYING BAGGAGE PRICES
YET EXPECT 1ST CLASS.

RIDE THE BUS !

3RD CLASS MAIL DOES NOT GET" OVER NIGHT DELIVERY"!

LEARN WHERE YOU ARE

Dekero

Want " SERVICE" ?

LEARN TO PAY FOR IT !!!

YOU ARE PAYING BAGGAGE PRICES
YET EXPECT 1ST CLASS.

RIDE THE BUS !

3RD CLASS MAIL DOES NOT GET" OVER NIGHT DELIVERY"!

LEARN WHERE YOU ARE
Well said sir... Well said!!
Post automatically merged:

Sorry ...newish driver here @MustangMinteen

I am very concerned about my rating, being new and not even 500 trips. Can you elaborate on techniques you use to avoid the 4 star. Seems to me many pax think this is a good rating
Stop letting the ratings system dictate your next move.... the system which both U/L have put in place to get you to do what they want and act the way they want is completely meaningless and easily manipulated by the rider and as you've seen often abused.

Do a good job
Drive A to B
Thank the passengers for their business
Repeat

And stop even caring about the ratings. I recommend at the end of every trip.. about 20 secs before drop off you say the following EVERYTIME

"If you get a chance could you use the app to rate your ride experience, my future passengers use that to gauge me as a driver and I would love your feedback".

Switch it up some to fit you if need be... However do not get it twisted I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEM RATING ME....

All I want is them to open their app RIGHT after the ride, go to the ratings screen and rate me... BECAUSE the absolute next screen they see after Rating me is the suggested TIP screen.

And that's the only reason I ask EACH and EVERY passenger that exact phrase... EVERYTIME. My tips have tripled since doing so.. Now that sir is a Number that matters to me...

So work on it till it's a natural response at the end of every trip and you can thank me later for the extra money...

Good luck out there..

Last edited:

Syn

I drive a cheap small economy car, my car hasn't been washed or vacuumed since June, I don't have water, phone chargers or anything similar ... My rating is 4.98. :wink: Go figure ...

GreatWhiteHope

If:

You ask for five stars

And other people don't

1/10 troll attempt
Post automatically merged:

Most drivers don't understand the principle of customer service. I've been in uber's with:

*Dirty windows
*reeks of cigarette/weed smoke
*Driver who drives with both feet

I agree, how can they expect 5 stars when they do not even put the comfort of the pax first?
Who the @@@@ drives with both feet?