• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Who's Who in Savannah?

Mrbedford

New part time driver here looking to no the tricks and the trades .. I have t did any trips yet as my work schedule is hectic and my off days is my family time ...

JimS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Take advantage of the Guarantee Rates. This week as follows:

Friday and Saturday 10pm to 4am = $18/hr - 1.5 trips/hr minimum

Thursday 10pm to 4am and
Friday and Saturday 2pm to 10pm = $14/hr - 1 trip/hr minimum

All other times = $10/hr - 1 trip/hr minimum

Note that these are gross fares. Net pay = $14.40, $11.20 & $8 respectively.

raptor6581

Names Aaron. Have been driving a few months now. Been lurking around the boards for a bit, as well. Very quiet page here.

JThompson

New driver here, names Jeremy. Just did my first 4 trips this morning. Can't wait to get back out!! See y'all around

CaligirlinSc

Hello ladies and gents, I am new to uber as well. I have been driving about 2 weeks now. Did anybody here get the invite to Augusta GA? Is it worth going there in April?

JimS

Hi there, JThompson & CaligirlinSc! Welcome to Savannah. Money is tight since our dramatic 45% pay cut in January. Can't make a living at this unless you have a car you can write off. But it is fun, and I hope y'all enjoy it!

I got the invitation to Augusta. My reply to them after the St. Patty's day hype that barely materialized was this: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. #dontbelieveuberhype

The rates are a bit lower in Augusta, but rumor is that the tips will be great. Rate in Augusta is $0.75/mi + $0.10/min.

raptor6581

I go to jax and drive from time to time. Rates there are $.65/mile. But its so spread out that the rides are all longer and make up for it. Also busy enough that theres almost always a surge. I know nothing about Augusta, but if it's spread out and surges regularly, the money could be worth it.... That said, I'm not going.

Nando818

Hey everyone I just signed up to be a driver. New to the Savannah area been here since January decided to try it out as a part time job on the weekends. I'm military stationed at Stewart any tips and tricks for me, and I do have a question I'm planning on starting this weekend do I need the SC inspection done before I start. I downloaded the app and it let me log on so that's why I was wondering?
Thanks

JimS

Welcome to the zoo crew! No, you don't need anything else to start driving. You only need a SC inspection within 30 days of your first pickup there. Form is online. There is a driver who can do it for you. I'll PM you in the morning with more...

Nando818

Awesome thanks
Welcome to the zoo crew! No, you don't need anything else to start driving. You only need a SC inspection within 30 days of your first pickup there. Form is online. There is a driver who can do it for you. I'll PM you in the morning with more...

JimS

It was all last week. This weekend is the Masters tournament in Augusta.

CaligirlinSc

Ok thanks Jim, you seem to be the veteran here lol. I have another question for you. Can we advertise uber in our city ? For instance I live near the Marine Corp. Base in Beaufort Sc. Most Service members that I have picked up didn't know uber was in Sc. I know it would be profitable for uber those taxi are killing the pockets of the service members.

JimS

That's been a point of contention with Uber. They won't advertise for riders, but they are infiltrating just about all forms of media with mass recruitment drives for drivers. I don't get it.

Anyway, Josh, our local Uber Operations Manager who lives in DC has told us that we can't advertise in a way that would favor a particular driver and that we shouldn't have to put out the expense of advertising for riders - it's "their job".

Occasionally, if you can get Uber to participate in the sponsorship of an event (like they do during the food and wine festival and St Pat's day in Savannah), they may participate in advertising.

Best thing is to print up a few hundred business cards with your promo code on it and hand them out to local motels, bars, taxi companies (ok - not), etc.

Be sure to find out how Parris Island and Beaufort Marine Air Station feel about Uber, and if you can get a pass, get one and keep it current to allow for pickup on base.

Beaufort surges quite a bit (and the surge territory includes Hardeeville and the strip clubs across the river from Savannah, so no one really knows where it's surging). You can expect to be quite busy if there is anything of significance going on with the military (ie: Ball, graduation, etc).

Jason McFarland

JimS could you please forward the drivers info who can do the SC Inspection? i got pinged out to Temptations last weekend. that started the countdown! and about how much does it cost? thanks in advance...

CaligirlinSc

Hey Jim, they do the Sc inspection at firestone complete auto care and it's supposed to cost 19.00 I am going to get my vehicle inspected on Saturday so if you don't go before than I'll let you know the cost. I did tell them that I was getting my vehicle inspected as a uber driver so lets see what they say on Saturday.

JimS

Oh, I have mine. Firestone on Abercorn did me wrong and the folks at Skidaway were too far away. I heard Abercorn stopped doing them. An alternative is Tires Plus at Stephenson. If you have any trouble at all, I can PM you a guy in Richmond Hill that also does them.

No matter where you go to get it done, be sure to print the form out and take it with you. They will not have a blank form for you.

Good luck!

CaligirlinSc

Thanks Jim, I went to Firestone in Bluffton. They had the form available the cost was 21 and some change to get it done after taxes. I wonder how this week is going to be in Hilton Head they have the RBC golf tournament going on. I will probably try it out on Friday and Saturday.