• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Who's Who in Savannah?

JimS

Hey y'all. I'm Jim. I drive very part time. Who else from Savannah is active here?

Lag Monkey

I am active partner in the market, I only drove a few times. 4th July was good on hhi and I drove haritage golf tournament. I live in NC, but have family on HHI so I got inspected and approved for that market. Not a bad market. But no way could I do it full time down their. Raleigh/Durham is a big market that gets rides constantly and it still is min wage

JimS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I figured in Dallas (where I have family, and they have similar rates to R/D, NC), you'd make more money on minimum fare trips, maximizing out the hour, and you'd still put on 80,000 miles per year to just make a livable wage, deducting nearly HALF your income at the $0.575 standard deduction.

CuzManJ

Hey y'all. I'm Jim. I drive very part time. Who else from Savannah is active here?
Hey there, I'm Jay and I just started driving last month and part-time. I see our fair city on this forum is very quite....

JimS

Quite what? Oh - Quiet! :wink:

We have a very active facebook group. If you're ever at the airport, please feel free to talk to some of the other drivers. Not all are on facebook, but probably half the drivers in Savannah are on it. It's a secret group, so you have to prove you drive and be invited to join.

CuzManJ

Quite what? Oh - Quiet! :wink:

We have a very active facebook group. If you're ever at the airport, please feel free to talk to some of the other drivers. Not all are on facebook, but probably half the drivers in Savannah are on it. It's a secret group, so you have to prove you drive and be invited to join.
Soo how do I get the invite?

JimS

Best way is to just introduce yourself to other drivers at the airport. Another common gathering site is the Fancy Parker's on Drayton at McDonough's. Basically, we need know you really are a driver (by either seeing trip reports or something) and that you proudly display the trade dress per Uber's rules in Savannah. Then we friend you, invite you and a moderator approves.

When that works out, we also have a Zello channel we chat on.

I know it seems like a pain in the butt, but we don't need non-Uber's in the room. We are really much more friendly than I guess I seem to be vibing out.

CuzManJ

Best way is to just introduce yourself to other drivers at the airport. Another common gathering site is the Fancy Parker's on Drayton at McDonough's. Basically, we need know you really are a driver (by either seeing trip reports or something) and that you proudly display the trade dress per Uber's rules in Savannah. Then we friend you, invite you and a moderator approves.

When that works out, we also have a Zello channel we chat on.

I know it seems like a pain in the butt, but we don't need non-Uber's in the room. We are really much more friendly than I guess I seem to be vibing out.
Thanks, enjoy your Facebook secret page. I can send proof to a moderator but the rest is well a pain. I only drive a couple times a month.

JimS

I sent a PM. Let me know when you might be at the airport during lunch time. I'll be happy to meet you and get you onboarded.

Davegsu

How can I be invited to the Savannah Drivers Facebook page? I've been driving since June in my BMWs. Maybe you've seen me downtown.

JimS

Sorry I missed you tonite. Was tired from last night. $515 for the night.

JimS

Hey Tommy. Welcome to Savannah. Be sure to read the thread about airport ops. That, and knowing you can't go around the barriers downtown when the cops put them up between 12-3 on weekends is about all you need to know. Also, must display trade dress whole time app is on.

My name's Rusty. Just started driving tonight. Of course as soon as I start the rates drop haha. Still trying to figure things out for now. Should be interesting.

JimS

Welcome. It was good here. Now, not so much. What used to be an easy $100 night was $53 last night. Not one passenger was new because of lower rates.