• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Whos ready to make BANK tonight?

OptimalPrime

Did u purchase the Tesla model 3 yet?
Working on it. It’s all on Tesla to deliver now. If they make it before the year is up and I get all my promos I’m effectively getting a 2020 Model 3 for $33k out the door.

If they don’t deliver I’m keeping my 3-series and getting an aftermarket warranty for $4-5k. I don’t trust BMW after 75k miles

Sooperuber

Working on it. It’s all on Tesla to deliver now. If they make it before the year is up and I get all my promos I’m effectively getting a 2020 Model 3 for $33k out the door.

If they don’t deliver I’m keeping my 3-series and getting an aftermarket warranty for $4-5k. I don’t trust BMW after 75k miles
It must be the Standard Range still helluva price @ 33k OTD.

Hope it works out for u but if it doesn't getting the warranty sounds smart as I've had BMWs albeit both were 5 series & had problems past the 70k mark little after manufacturers warranty expired.

OptimalPrime

It must be the Standard Range still helluva price @ 33k OTD.

Hope it works out for u but if it doesn't getting the warranty sounds smart as I've had BMWs albeit both were 5 series & had problems past the 70k mark little after manufacturers warranty expired.
yup you got it, Standard Range downgrade. $7000 for full self driving is pointless to me until I can send the car out to drive and make money. Might splurge on AutoPilot in the future tho, but that’s another $3k saved for now.

-$1875 federal credit
-$4500 CA rebate (I fall under their income limit so getting another $2k - thanks Uber!)

Hoping to sell the 3 Series for about $12k aftermarket. It’s still immaculate perfect condition, and I really do love it (I think it looks better than Tesla for sure). But the gas is bleeding me dry. after insurance and car payment it the Model 3 puts me about $250/mo ahead of the game, compared to keeping the 3-Series and getting a warranty.

Hopefully it all works out. I needs those rebates/credits otherwise it’s not worth it.

Sooperuber

yup you got it, Standard Range downgrade. $7000 for full self driving is pointless to me until I can send the car out to drive and make money. Might splurge on AutoPilot in the future tho, but that’s another $3k saved for now.

-$1875 federal credit
-$4500 CA rebate (I fall under their income limit so getting another $2k - thanks Uber!)

Hoping to sell the 3 Series for about $12k aftermarket. It’s still immaculate perfect condition, and I really do love it (I think it looks better than Tesla for sure). But the gas is bleeding me dry. after insurance and car payment it the Model 3 puts me about $250/mo ahead of the game, compared to keeping the 3-Series and getting a warranty.

Hopefully it all works out. I needs those rebates/credits otherwise it’s not worth it.
I would love a model 3 but with 3 cars already can't do it at this time plus 1 of the car which is a Leaf we had only a year and put in 15k miles just doing back & forth chores. The range is limited but it does almost everything but long distance trips which is why I was looking to upgrade to a Chevy Bolt or Volt but decided against it since I haven't had it (Leaf) too long. Not going to lie, it is nice not worrying about cost of gas or maintenance driving electric as half the time we charge for free when we're out & about doing errands. The Tesla's a whole another level so you may never go back to an ICE vehicle.

OptimalPrime

I would love a model 3 but with 3 cars already can't do it at this time plus 1 of the car which is a Leaf we had only a year and put in 15k miles just doing back & forth chores. The range is limited but it does almost everything but long distance trips which is why I was looking to upgrade to a Chevy Bolt or Volt but decided against it since I haven't had it (Leaf) too long. Not going to lie, it is nice not worrying about cost of gas or maintenance driving electric as half the time we charge for free when we're out & about doing errands. The Tesla's a whole another level so you may never go back to an ICE vehicle.
For real, I can’t wait to flip off the gas station every time I go by.

Tbh I’m about 90% motivated by the gas savings/environment impact, 10% motivated by the coolness factor (that will undoubtedly fade).

it’s been stated that the drive motors are commercially rated to 1M miles. My math is putting me around 110k miles if I keep it for 5 years and drive the same as I do now. If full self driving is possible then, I wouldn’t even blink putting a car with 110k miles in service as a robotaxi. Loan would be paid off then, so I’ll gladly do the FSD upgrade/conversion for an additional $10k at that point. Doesn’t seem to make sense paying for FSD now though, even if it’s cheaper to be an early adopter.

At that point there will be more competition in the market too and battery prices should come down in general. might be my last ICE car and my last car ever haha.

I just hope the interior holds up. My BMW fake leather seats have been fantastic. 6000 rides later people still ask me if my car is new.

My two big concerns: range and people asking me how to open the doors lol.

How’s your Leaf range been when it gets colder here? I’m hoping to get 140 miles per drive with a 44 mile buffer on the bottom end to preserve the battery. I average about 110 miles per night when I do Uber/Lyft.

Last edited:

Sooperuber

For real, I can’t wait to flip off the gas station every time I go by.

Tbh I’m about 90% motivated by the gas savings/environment impact, 10% motivated by the coolness factor (that will undoubtedly fade).

it’s been stated that the drive motors are commercially rated to 1M miles. My math is putting me around 110k miles if I keep it for 5 years and drive the same as I do now. If full self driving is possible then, I wouldn’t even blink putting a car with 110k miles in service as a robotaxi. Loan would be paid off then, so I’ll gladly do the FSD upgrade/conversion for an additional $10k at that point. Doesn’t seem to make sense paying for FSD now though, even if it’s cheaper to be an early adopter.

At that point there will be more competition in the market too and battery prices should come down in general. might be my last ICE car and my last car ever haha.

I just hope the interior holds up. My BMW fake leather seats have been fantastic. 6000 rides later people still ask me if my car is new.

My two big concerns: range and people asking me how to open the doors lol.

How’s your Leaf range been when it gets colder here? I’m hoping to get 140 miles per drive with a 44 mile buffer on the bottom end to preserve the battery. I average about 110 miles per night when I do Uber/Lyft.
The tech features on Teslas are extraordinary as they constantly update to make it better. It's definitely innovative & ahead of the competition which is why people want & buy it. I think it'll take a little time at first but you'll get used to the range. Any electric car w/ 200+ miles of range is more than good to do most things & that includes long road trips especially Teslas w/ their network of superchargers.

My 2016 Leaf has a range of about 90 miles when fully charged. Usually it's charged to 65-75 miles to preserve & keep the battery optimized. My wife usually drives it but when available I drive it too as it is our daily drive it around town/ errand car. When it gets cold I lose about 10% nothing drastic like other regions since Southern California weather is not bad. I always gain the miles right back as battery or weather warms up. Also, the miles you gain or lose depends a lot on how & where you drive which goes for all cars but electric cars feels more extreme because you're always tracking the miles & other important data. It is just different owning & operating an electric car.

Last edited:

OptimalPrime

The tech features on Teslas are extraordinary as they constantly update to make it better. It's definitely innovative & ahead of the competition which is why people want & buy it. I think it'll take a little time at first but you'll get used to the range. Any electric car w/ 200+ miles of range is more than good to do most things & that includes long road trips especially Teslas w/ their network of superchargers.

My 2016 Leaf has a range of about 90 miles when fully charged. Usually it's charged to 65-75 miles to preserve & keep the battery optimized. My wife usually drives it but when available I drive it too as it is our daily drive it around town/ errand car. When it gets cold I lose about 10% nothing drastic like other regions since Southern California weather is not bad. I always gain the miles right back as battery or weather warms up. Also, the miles you gain or lose depends a lot on how & where you drive which goes for all cars but electric cars feels more extreme because you're always tracking the miles & other important data. It is just different owning & operating an electric car.
thanks for the insight. def gonna be an adjustment, I’m not a big fan of engine braking on ICE cars. all that saved gas $$ will help me adjust tho I’m sure haha. Tesla just added one pedal driving so it’s gonna be a change for sure