• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Who's packing heat?

AmeliaIslandUber

My last pickup after the Jags game were two dudes who as soon as they got in the vehicle announced that they were Uber drivers. Both grab their wife's mini van and hit the beaches Thur-Sat.

We had a great conversation swapping stories the whole way to Orange Park while they directed me the slowest and shortest distance to an area I had no hope of getting a ride out of. Yeah, f*ck a brother why don't yah. No tip.

Anyhow, during the conversation it comes up that both these guys never drive without their guns. They have concealed carry permits, but still, that's absolutely against Uber policy. They even had stories, I'm not clear if it was them or a friend, who had to pull his.

So, let's be honest, who packing heat while they drive? How do you feel about that?

JaxBeachDriver

My last pickup after the Jags game were two dudes who as soon as they got in the vehicle announced that they were Uber drivers. Both grab their wife's mini van and hit the beaches Thur-Sat.

We had a great conversation swapping stories the whole way to Orange Park while they directed me the slowest and shortest distance to an area I had no hope of getting a ride out of. Yeah, f*ck a brother why don't yah. No tip.

Anyhow, during the conversation it comes up that both these guys never drive without their guns. They have concealed carry permits, but still, that's absolutely against Uber policy. They even had stories, I'm not clear if it was them or a friend, who had to pull his.

So, let's be honest, who packing heat while they drive? How do you feel about that?
As I've said numerous times, I don't see a situation where you could really use it. If someone pulls a gun on you while you're driving, you're not going to be able to fumble around for yours. And it's my understanding that it's supposed to be "3 steps" away.

I have pepper spray that I sometimes put under my leg or in the cup holder when I felt uneasy. Never used it. Never even got close.

If I could work the bar run with no weapon as a woman, why can't some grown men do the same?

AmeliaIslandUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As I've said numerous times, I don't see a situation where you could really use it. If someone pulls a gun on you while you're driving, you're not going to be able to fumble around for yours. And it's my understanding that it's supposed to be "3 steps" away.

I have pepper spray that I sometimes put under my leg or in the cup holder when I felt uneasy. Never used it. Never even got close.

If I could work the bar run with no weapon as a woman, why can't some grown men do the same?
I'm with you the whole way. Men who feel they need to carry a gun are compensating for some inadequacy.

Bukrub

In Texas we are allowed to carry our weapon in our vehical as long as it stays concealed. Ubers policy is no firearms, but if it's concealed Uber has no way of knowing you have it unless you have to use it. At that point, who gives a flip if Uber finds out. With these statments I neither confirm nor deny If I have a firearm. If you have to Fumble for your weapon, you don't need it anyway.

MrsUberJax

Anyone who openly admitted carrying a firearm or any other type of "weapon" in this forum would be a bloody idiot for announcing it and would probably be deactivated by Uber shortly thereafter. If I say jump, will you jump. C'mon... have some sense.

AmeliaIslandUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, yah, I see what you did there.

I wasn't trying to trap anyone. As a transplanted northerner who doesn't carry a gun, doesn't even own one, unless you count the two that I pump in the gym every morning, I just wanted to see how prevalent this was. Reading between the lines it seems like it is pretty common.

joshuajaxuberx

It is common, especially in the south. The 2nd amendment is an important one.
I don't carry because I think it would just be a nightmare in regards to driving an unlicensed uninsured "taxi" with some teenager who sneaked an open container in my car.
Having a weapon will just make things much worse even if you have your ccw

Florida state law makes it illegal for a company to prohibit employees from possessing a legally owned firearm in their personal vehicle. If the government has to abide by the 2nd amendment what makes an employer think they don't? FL State statute 790.251.