• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Who's better than Uber? Not you, thats for sure!

HackingIT

$4.23 for my X fare of 6 min 11s, Uber gets $6.19, I drove 14.6 miles (pickup was 3 miles took them to a resteraunt 3.31 miles away. Door to door (started at my house) 32 mins. So at 2.65 a gallon (gas is going up) I paid $1.30 in gas, and made a rate of$5.93 PER HOUR MINUS depreciation of my car (irs says it's $0.53/mile), which adds up to $7.81 for this trip. So I am in the hole for this trip of $4.91, that's what it cost me to do the trip. TG they didn't send me another one....Uber a payment processing company just made $6.19. The swing between what it cost me and what Uber made is $11.10. So I ask, WHO IS BETTER THAN UBER!!!!!!!

Worst part is...my asked "How was it?"

She was however, impressed with my 5-star rating. Too bad I didn't have a looney tune cartoon badge to show her.

HackingIT

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't worry, I won't too embarrassing to say I lose $ with my "job." No tip, but the 5 star came before the door was shut. I guess what we just agreed to in tge most recent addendum was 42%. I used to make 35% in a taxi with their gas plus 20% tips, all cash. 42% minus car expenss puts this in the negative--So I just volunteered to help Garden city ppl go out to dinner. Maybe this type of volunteering can get me through the pearly gates.

HackingIT

Lol, even $20 /hr doesn't add up. Minus gas, wear and tear, it's totally below minimum wage of $11-12/hr. Plus, there's no vacuuming vomit!!! A real driver makes minimum $25 /hr after exp.

LiveNLearn

Uber pays you miles plus time. (Rate)

What they charge the customer is between them.

The "set percentage" rate is taken from your mileage plus minutes rates.

Thats ubers terms

HackingIT

They did not give "gaurenteed fares" on LI, said I was talking about delivery...uh nope. Now I know why everybody wants screen shots to prove to this "reputable" company what they already know.