Whole Foods Removed My Lyft Poster

MikesUber

I put up a Lyft poster on the community board at my local Whole Foods and the next day I drove by and noticed it was taken down. I am going to check with them regarding their policies but does anyone know why they would do this?

My thoughts:
-May have to ask management before posting, may have been classified as "advertisement" instead of meeting/club information
-Too large (11" x 17")
-Did not fully fit on board, hung from middle and extended off board
-U/L hater or taxi driver took it off

Example:
NeverLate.jpg

I was kind of p/o'd considering I paid money for these posters (Lyft approved on their Vistaprint page). I've hung posters at laundry mats and local bars/restaurants with no problems. Any ideas?

Thanks

MasterKNinja

Check with management, probably considered advertising. How are you doing with posters? I'd probably do posters to recruit drivers. Bigger potential payout. I marketed for Postmates & noticed I was getting maybe a 1% conversion rate – for every 100 flyers I'd distribute, I got maybe 1 $10 credit. A lot of effort for not much reward, but they also were paying me per hour to do it so it was worth it.

MikesUber

Check with management, probably considered advertising. How are you doing with posters? I'd probably do posters to recruit drivers. Bigger potential payout. I marketed for Postmates & noticed I was getting maybe a 1% conversion rate – for every 100 flyers I'd distribute, I got maybe 1 $10 credit. A lot of effort for not much reward, but they also were paying me per hour to do it so it was worth it.
Remains to be seen as they've only been up for a week or two depending on location. The tricky thing is community boards are basically a free for all and no one cares about your poster which is commonly slapped over or moved. I've circled back to a laundromat near me to find my poster upside-down hanging by one push-pin. Of course I centered it again and always have push-pins and tape in my car.

The driver posters would be a great idea considering the $200 double-sided bonus in Pittsburgh BUT I don't want to over-saturate a pretty open market with Lyft in Pittsburgh. I did buy some driver postcards, if I have a driver lead I'll give them one of these:

preview.jpg

Only bad thing about these is that they are literally postcard size, kind of awkward to give out. I feel their driver wallet-card is a poor design and asks for your name, email and phone on the card which I don't always want to give out. So yeah I'll let you know if I get any hits and I'll make sure to remove yours should I see them LOL JK!

Poster Locations (4/20 used):
Laundromat in Shadyside
Small shop on Walnut Street
Bus stop in East Liberty
Whole Foods Shadyside (RIP)

BostonTaxiDriver

A Whole Foods Market in a Boston neighborhood is very strict on what's approved for their board. I think it must be dated and approved at the customer service desk. Plus, I think Lyft is consideration commercial advertising, and not for some community event or local concert or such.

I see a board at my Starbucks. Not sure if they require dated and approved postings.

MikesUber

A Whole Foods Market in a Boston neighborhood is very strict on what's approved for their board. I think it must be dated and approved at the customer service desk. Plus, I think Lyft is consideration commercial advertising, and not for some community event or local concert or such.

I see a board at my Starbucks. Not sure if they require dated and approved postings.
I appreciate the input! Yeah I figured it was considered some sort of advertising. Plus I'd rather just pin something up incognito then be eyed up and down by customer service lol oh well on to the next one! I have some in multiple Bruegger's Bagels locations and also notice some banks have boards along with coffee shops and grocery stores. I think it was ~$2.20 per poster.

Maybe it needed to be on organic paper? :confused:

BostonTaxiDriver

I appreciate the input! Yeah I figured it was considered some sort of advertising. Plus I'd rather just pin something up incognito then be eyed up and down by customer service lol oh well on to the next one! I have some in multiple Bruegger's Bagels locations and also notice some banks have boards along with coffee shops and grocery stores. I think it was ~$2.20 per poster.

Maybe it needed to be on organic paper? :confused:
The boards at Starbucks and Whole Foods aren't cluttered with ads on top of each other, and not often outdated like other places, due to the posting rules in effect.

A local convenience store chain has a bulletin board, at least at that location. I don't think most people notice or care to browse the ads, although I always do, as I learn so much about community events and such.

I occasionally see small Lyft cards affixed to the telephone polls near bars or busy intersections. They're usually grouped in a fan pattern, allowing someone to take one as needed, and that type of display is more eye-catching than just one solitary card.

A local ice cream store chain has a board, but often filled with large ads for bands, and sometimes hidden in back near the restroom.

MikesUber

The boards at Starbucks and Whole Foods aren't cluttered with ads on top of each other, and not often outdated like other places, due to the posting rules in effect.

A local convenience store chain has a bulletin board, at least at that location. I don't think most people notice or care to browse the ads, although I always do, as I learn so much about community events and such.

I occasionally see small Lyft cards affixed to the telephone polls near bars or busy intersections. They're usually grouped in a fan pattern, allowing someone to take one as needed, and that type of display is more eye-catching than just one solitary card.

A local ice cream store chain has a board, but often filled with large ads for bands, and sometimes hidden in back near the restroom.
Again good points, yes they seem to be more strict at WF, they'll know it was me that put it up if I ask lol as far as grocery stores etc the common problem (with marketing in general really) is exposure/awareness. I always consider how many impressions I may get versus the lifetime of the ad (marketing 101 blah blah). So fighting through the clutter can be tough but I like that the poster is ALL bright pink which really does stand out.

As far as telephone poles near bar areas I'm just concerned with the legality of that. From what I've read that is not legal and I'd rather not chance it getting reported. There are so many ideal bar window fronts I would love to capitalize on though. I am trying to partner with some concert promoters here to allow me to set up some posters for an event. Or even a 6 foot long banner with my code, could you imagine!