Whole city lit up!

Sure

Nope, been drinking. But just looked, is all gone? That didn't last long. Did you?

Sure

Well it seems like it's back. Hope you guys made some good money. Up to 2.8 where I live in River North.

driving312

Some of it may be fake...meaning I just drove to a huge 2.5x-3x surge area....cancelled two requests not far away that listed a no surge fare ride but were definitely in the surge area....took a third that listed no surge just to see if at the end of the ride it would reflect 2.5x at least....nope, nothing...a $5 ride that ended close by...and the whole area was still 2.5-3x surge

Can't trust these surge colored areas, lol

Last edited:

AllenChicago

Some of it may be fake...meaning I just drove to a huge 2.5x-3x surge area....cancelled two requests not far away that listed a no surge fare ride but were definitely in the surge area....took a third that listed no surge just to see if at the end of the ride it would reflect 2.5x at least....nope, nothing...a $5 ride that ended close by...and the whole area was still 2.5-3x surge

Can't trust these surge colored areas, lol

You're sure being light-hearted about this, driving312. Showing Surge to drivers, but not applying it to passengers in those indicated locations is "willful deceit". I suggest that anyone who experiences this, or any other deceptive practices, pay a visit to http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...awsuits-one-claims-he-only-makes-80-per-week/ .

There are more than a dozen driver-initiated lawsuits being put together, or in progress, against Uber. Find the one that applies to your complaint and see how to opt-in. It's the American way.

EDIT TO ADD: Just came across this timely, related Uber news: http://www.theonion.com/article/new-uber-update-allows-users-file-lawsuit-against--53018

Uber is adding to the app a way that drivers and passengers can "sue the company" . Word to the wise.. bypass Uber, if you want to sue. The company is merely trying to snuff out potential lawsuits before they can be brought. If you press the "Sue Us" button and file a complaint via the Uber app, the company will do everything in its power to "make things right", which will prevent you from taking part in a class-action suit...or starting one.

Last edited:

U for Uber

I had so many 2-3x+ surge rides from like 9-12. Biggest one was 3x surge, 45min, 25miles.

This was my first week as Uber... How/Why do people on here hate on Uber again? I made $215 in 6hours without any guarantees. I think very low mileage was spent too. Looks like easy money to me

Szuras

I had so many 2-3x+ surge rides from like 9-12. Biggest one was 3x surge, 45min, 25miles.

This was my first week as Uber... How/Why do people on here hate on Uber again? I made $215 in 6hours without any guarantees. I think very low mileage was spent too. Looks like easy money to me

people always want more than they have...
215 is good for 6 hours driving ( i made also 215 but in 8 hours) , but was 4 july , normaly hard to make that much but if you lucky you can make more in slow day or make less in very busy day ...

Sure

You're sure being light-hearted about this, driving312. Showing Surge to drivers, but not applying it to passengers in those indicated locations is "willful deceit". I suggest that anyone who experiences this, or any other deceptive practices, pay a visit to http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...awsuits-one-claims-he-only-makes-80-per-week/ .

There are more than a dozen driver-initiated lawsuits being put together, or in progress, against Uber. Find the one that applies to your complaint and see how to opt-in. It's the American way.

EDIT TO ADD: Just came across this timely, related Uber news: http://www.theonion.com/article/new-uber-update-allows-users-file-lawsuit-against--53018

Uber is adding to the app a way that drivers and passengers can "sue the company" . Word to the wise.. bypass Uber, if you want to sue. The company is merely trying to snuff out potential lawsuits before they can be brought. If you press the "Sue Us" button and file a complaint via the Uber app, the company will do everything in its power to "make things right", which will prevent you from taking part in a class-action suit...or starting one.
I was checking the pax app and it was real close to me, 2.7 surge. I'm sure some of it was fake, but I wouldn't want to be out in that gridlock. Glad I took the night of and enjoyed things.

The Onion is a satirical paper with articles full of funny. I get a kick out of reading some of their pieces.

The Onion is a satirical paper, written for laughs.