Who took HELEN from Gurnee Mills to Upper Wacker yesterday?

LEAFdriver

I was parked at Gurnee Mills yesterday around 5 pm. I get a ping....ONE minute away, pax named HELEN. I knew she'd be coming out of the entrance I was parked near so I clicked ARRIVED immediately. I check where she's going....and all I saw was UPPER WACKER DRIVE. :eek:

This is at the beginning of RUSH HOUR. :oopsies:

I immediately canceled and sat there and watched to see what unsuspecting Lyft driver would come pick her up.
So, I see her standing at entrance F....2 brand new huge suitcases in tow that she probably just bought. A blue Honda FIT (I think) pulls up and the male driver stops and puts the suitcases in the back and takes off.

I guess for him....it was a desirable trip. :cool:

If it was any of YOU....how did it go? How was traffic? Did she tip? :rolleyes:

UberBeemer

Sure, rush hour sucks, but that had to be a $35 trip at least. Why turn it down? Upper wacker is like any other street in the loop. You probably would have been able to pick up another ride, no trouble.

LEAFdriver

Sure, rush hour sucks, but that had to be a $35 trip at least. Why turn it down? Upper wacker is like any other street in the loop. You probably would have been able to pick up another ride, no trouble.

Well...the truth is, it was because I was driving my LEAF and only had about 50 miles left in range....hence, why I was parked at entrance F. This is where the free car chargers are located. If I was in my Prius....I might have accepted....IF I was desperate. :rolleyes:

lakersfan1

Well...the truth is, it was because I was driving my LEAF and only had about 50 miles left in range....hence, why I was parked at entrance F. This is where the free car chargers are located. If I was in my Prius....I might have accepted....IF I was desperate. :rolleyes:
If you were desperate to go INTO the surge? All that rush hour traffic going INTO the city at 5PM. Must be rough. I still can't believe you Uber with a Leaf. Some days I put 200 miles on my car. Then, with the stereo and the AC/Heat running? You can't get more than 75 miles.

LEAFdriver

If you were desperate to go INTO the surge? All that rush hour traffic going INTO the city at 5PM. Must be rough. I still can't believe you Uber with a Leaf. Some days I put 200 miles on my car. Then, with the stereo and the AC/Heat running? You can't get more than 75 miles.

This is why I try to drive it as much as possible in Spring & Fall! (Most of the time no heat or A/C needed)
Yes, most days I average 100-150 miles too in my Prius which I drive until it's time to go home for dinner. Then, since I'm only planning on staying out for another 1-3 hrs....I head to the mall in the LEAF about an hour before closing to get some rides.

Basically Leaf, You are not paying gas, and using someone else's electricity. Genius!!!!

Since I really HATE driving in Chicago AND we NEVER get Prime Time up here....ya gotta do whatcha gotta do to minimize expenses.
:rolleyes:

Grand Master B

hey genius, when was the last time you put in 150+ miles during morning or evening peak hours? there are dead periods throughout the day to charge her Leaf. do it right and she'll come out like a bandit.

Sam D

Man - I did a trip from Gurnee mills cinema over the summer - Some college kids in from Colorado wanted to try the DX4 movie theater before they had to go back to the train station on Canal then to Ohare

SO I got them to the train station to get their stuff oput of their locker - But that ride took 2 hours and 45 minutes in crap traffic and I made like 50 bucks -- it wasnt worth it UNTIL - they left me like a 15 dollar tip a few hours later - I dont ever want that trip to the city in rush hour again

On the other hand last week I went down town and back pretty fast for an easy 40 bucks at 9pm at night

Last edited:

pizza guy

Suburbs to city and vice versa are money losers. Traffic usually sucks so you're not moving and earning, there's a good chance a thousand other drivers are headed to the same spot so there is no surge, and you almost always end up in an area you are unfamiliar with.

Greenghost2212

Suburbs to city and vice versa are money losers. Traffic usually sucks so you're not moving and earning, there's a good chance a thousand other drivers are headed to the same spot so there is no surge, and you almost always end up in an area you are unfamiliar with.

I don't know about y'all but I love those trips especially at midway. I love getting a ping going to a western suburb like Naperville or Downers Grove. One time I got a ping going to Indianapolis out the Midway pit lol. Took it without question.

LilRedWagon

I don't know about y'all but I love those trips especially at midway. I love getting a ping going to a western suburb like Naperville or Downers Grove. One time I got a ping going to Indianapolis out the Midway pit lol. Took it without question.
So I guess we see the effects of the old blunt on attitude. Greenghost, you go.

Mapnik

I was parked at Gurnee Mills yesterday around 5 pm. I get a ping....ONE minute away, pax named HELEN. I knew she'd be coming out of the entrance I was parked near so I clicked ARRIVED immediately. I check where she's going....and all I saw was UPPER WACKER DRIVE. :eek:

This is at the beginning of RUSH HOUR. :oopsies:

I immediately canceled and sat there and watched to see what unsuspecting Lyft driver would come pick her up.
So, I see her standing at entrance F....2 brand new huge suitcases in tow that she probably just bought. A blue Honda FIT (I think) pulls up and the male driver stops and puts the suitcases in the back and takes off.

I guess for him....it was a desirable trip. :cool:

If it was any of YOU....how did it go? How was traffic? Did she tip? :rolleyes:
I don't get how you could see the destination before you hit "start trip"... it doesn't work that way for me.

PrestonT

People who cancel a ride because they don't want to go there need to be permantly deactivated.

People who regularly cancel rides because they are suboptimal, and especially people who call and screen every ride and then cherry pick, should be deactivated. There is nothing wrong with occasionally cancelling a ride that isn't going to work for you. Especially if it has to do with fuel/charge.

If you got a ride to Rapid City, would you go through with it?