Who here has given the most career uber rides?

Mapnik

6xxx lifetime
4xxx rated
current: 4.89 rating, 80% accx, 13% canx

Note1: it's nearly impossible to get above 4.92 rating, for mathematical reasons which I will explain some other time.... anybody claiming 4.95 is lying, period.

Note2: Ratings mean nothing, as has been explained repeatedly on this forum.... just a benchmark.

Note3: I wouldn't put your exact numbers down here because as shady and underhanded as Uber is they might use that to match personas between here and the platform... paranoia? perhaps, but paranoia strikes deep in the heartland. And we're talking about Uber.

Last edited:

Mapnik

Got 2259(UBER 4.95) and 885(LYFT 4.9) in about 10 months part time.
In order to have a 4.95 rating, it means that:

Out of every 20 rated trips, you get 19 5-star rides, and the last one can never be less than 4 stars.... and this must be the case over 500 trips.....
So if you had 19 5-star trips and the last one only got you 3-stars, then you are at 4.90... to maintain a 4.95 over 500 trips basically requires nearly absolute perfection and zero paxholes... what does common sense indicate here?

Theoretically, you might be able to get to a level where you nail, say, 13 out of 14.... if the last pax gave you 4 stars, and that's a big IF, you get to 4.93
But realistically and practically, given the fickleness of many pax, going for 14 out of 15, 15 out of 16 and doing it consistently is like being a freak free-throw shooter that just has it down cold... but Ubering is harder than shooting free throws, no question, because there are about 100+ more variables.

Mapnik Out. Gotta mount the war-pony.

blackjackross

7912 rides in 33 months
5200 rated rides out of 7900. 4.87 rating. Went as low as 4.84 back in July. Probably won't ever see a 4.89 again given that I don't tolerate a lot of silliness and a-holes in my car. I've got the "GTF out of my car now!" down cold after 7900 rides.

At this stage I think the number of rides trumps the rating. I think riders would rather get into a vehicle with an experienced driver that has an acceptable rating rather than a 250-drive with a 4.95. That's just my opinion.

Acceptance and cancellation rates vary quite a bit. Currently sitting at 89% acceptance and 9% cancellation. I was desperate to make the 55 ride incentive this weekend so I had to become a crack-hoe driver and accept all pool ride requests Sunday night. The Uber pimp had the best of me this weekend.

If I go to the Wrigley Field area or any other major venue after game or concert it can drop down to 65% acceptance rate. Anyone who drives to any of these types of events knows what I'm talking about. If you don't get it, then you are truly a newbie and will eventually figure it out.

Last edited:

isosconfig

Lyft so doesnt count right, unfair to compare 500-600 deep with rolling 100.....

Dang I wanna play. But Good Map-in, I am positive Uber and Lyft have risk assement teams with well paid cube dwellers tasked to ...yanno, keep an eye out....and the KGB is listening!

Tom Harding

6xxx lifetime
4xxx rated
current: 4.89 rating, 80% accx, 13% canx

Note1: it's nearly impossible to get above 4.92 rating, for mathematical reasons which I will explain some other time.... anybody claiming 4.95 is lying, period.

Note2: Ratings mean nothing, as has been explained repeatedly on this forum.... just a benchmark.

Note3: I wouldn't put your exact numbers down here because as shady and underhanded as Uber is they might use that to match personas between here and the platform... paranoia? perhaps, but paranoia strikes deep in the heartland. And we're talking about Uber.
Your rating is based on the last 500 rides for Uber and the last 100 rides for Lyft. SO if you are really good and really lucky and only take pax that are 4.8 and above it is possible.

When I add my Uber and Lyft ratings together. I am almost a 9.0. Top that!
I added mine and it came to 9.5