Who here actually is an uber driver full time, or do you have it as your second job?

superkev

For those that do it for a second source of income- is it worth it? Especially after the tax rate.

Was on Uber full time, but got really over it and thankfully found myself a real job.

fields

Personally I cannot see it being worth it as a 2nd job, mainly due to the tax rate. That is unless you do Uber commute, which involves taking pax when you travel to and from work.

Dhaw

Its my main source of income combined with contract photography asignments. I drive two shifts a day mosts days and try to put in about 7 hours.... so I am on road when second jobbers are working at their main jobs

Bondi rider

I'm doing uber now as a second job as just did my taxes yesterday. My accountant told me I can keep driving uber BUT to remember that I should only use 60% of what UBER Deposit on my bank account. So if I get $500 a week I should only spend $300 and keep $200 on the side to pay tax.
I'm really thinking if I'll keep driving uber as I think it's too much work for not much return and definitely need a day off .

Southuber

Part time. Do 2-4 hours Sat and Sun morning, depending on when I wake up, plus SD on way home from main job during week. Usually get $4-500.

Ultra

i do it part time, only a few hrs a week, have good paying full time job, but this helps with tax on depreciation for vehichle, computer, office, internet, phone etc...

Phatboy

My full time job is being retired! Uber is my 'part-time' job...... what ever that means.

I put my Uber income through a company which I had before, which has its pros and cons.

The 'cons' for example, are that I am obliged to pay my own workers comp, and that my compliance cost are higher.

A massive 'pro' is that the company which I put my Uber income through had some accumulated losses, which are essentially treated as loans to me. What this means in practice is that my Uber income is not subject to income tax, since it is viewed as loan repayments to me. Thank you to my dear accountant!

EyesWIDEopen

My full time job is being retired! Uber is my 'part-time' job...... what ever that means.

I put my Uber income through a company which I had before, which has its pros and cons.

The 'cons' for example, are that I am obliged to pay my own workers comp, and that my compliance cost are higher.

A massive 'pro' is that the company which I put my Uber income through had some accumulated losses, which are essentially treated as loans to me. What this means in practice is that my Uber income is not subject to income tax, since it is viewed as loan repayments to me. Thank you to my dear accountant!
Good to hear that SOME people are using 'the system' to its full advantages...