• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Andreanyl

I know there has been a lot of back and forth about car insurance and if you will or will not be covered if something happens.

My question is how many people have a separate life insurance policy?

I’ve only seen a few other posters mention it. With a policy costing about a tank of gas per month, I’m curious to find out if people are aware it’s out there?

Realityshark

This sounds like you are a life insurance salesperson trying to sell policies with some lame gorilla marketing scheme.

I’m curious to find out if people are aware it’s out there?
Really? You think there are people who have never heard of life insurance? What does this have to do with ridesharing, Uber or Lyft?

Andreanyl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks and a couple of things.

It actual has everything to do with ridesharing.

There are threads on this forum about what happens if an accident occurs what your car insurance company will or won't do since you are using your car for commercial purposes. Which created this post, so you've heard about do you have it? If something happens while you're driving, have you read your car insurance policy to know what they're obligated to pay? And if so or no are you good?

tohunt4me

I know there has been a lot of back and forth about car insurance and if you will or will not be covered if something happens.

I’ve only seen a few other posters mention it. With a policy costing about a tank of gas per month, I’m curious to find out if people are aware it’s out there?
I plan to leave a Black Hole of DEBT behind as my legacy.
They can donate my body to " science" to study forensic development of insect larvae for all I care.

( I have taught my children a maniacal Laugh to use on debt collectors,along with the response that they may collect in hell)

If I am diagnosed with a terminal illness, I plan to marry a single mother of 12 children ,so that social security may pay them all as my adopted dependants.

Last edited:

Manotas

I do because my regular full time jobs provides it... Are you here to sell us insurance and financial services?

Andreanyl

Thanks guys. Not trying to sell anything just trying to understand how people view it with everything else going on with the car insurance companies

Andreanyl

I plan to leave a Black Hole of DEBT behind as my legacy.
They can donate my body to " science" to study forensic development of insect larvae for all I care.

( I have taught my children a maniacal Laugh to use on debt collectors,along with the response that they may collect in hell)

If I am diagnosed with a terminal illness, I plan to marry a single mother of 12 children ,so that social security may pay them all as my adopted dependants.
LOL. Those poor twelve children. I support your plan

Realityshark

As an Uber driver, I've come to understand that I have no self-respect or self-worth, therefore, my life is not worth insuring.

On the other hand, since I am increasing the odds of being murdered by the psychotic passenger, in my backseat, perhaps insuring my life might be a way to give something to my family, since I'm obviously not providing anything by wasting my life with Uber.

This could be a viable plan. Get life insurance and drive in high crime areas.

Last edited:

tohunt4me

As an Uber driver, I've come to understand that I have no self-respect or self-worth, therefore, my life is not worth insuring.

On the other hand, since I am increasing the odds of being murdered by the psychotic passenger, in my backseat, perhaps insuring my life might be a way to give something to my family, since I'm obvoiusly not providing anything by wasting my life with Uber.

This could be a viable plan. Get life insurance and drive in high crime areas.
Double indemnity accidental death !
Cha ching !
Then drag race drunks.
( you left out the risk of driving during drunks on road peak hours)

backstreets-trans

Here's another good question. Can a full time driver afford to buy health insurance??? I think a 60 billion dollar company that has it's partners working 50 plus hours a week should compensate them enough so they can buy health insurance.

KiaScott

I still don't understand what your life insurance pitch has to do with ridesharing. What is the connection, other than you might die while uberpooling?

Bobby Loblaw

Thanks and a couple of things.

It actual has everything to do with ridesharing.

There are threads on this forum about what happens if an accident occurs what your car insurance company will or won't do since you are using your car for commercial purposes. Which created this post, so you've heard about do you have it? If something happens while you're driving, have you read your car insurance policy to know what they're obligated to pay? And if so or no are you good?
I think what created this post was a response you left for me regarding life insurance.
http://www.uberpeople.net/threads/life-insurance-are-they-covered.60977/#post-966063

As a new member you may benefit from some suggestions. Be honest and upfront. Rather than asking questions of the members here, (which is why your reception was a little frosty) you would be further ahead to offer some answers & insight as it relates to some of the issues around life insurance and contracted drivers.

Good luck,
Bobby L.