Who got their lighted Uber trade dress?

FAC

anyone else get the invite to pick up a free lighted uber trade dress? Got mine today. Actually quite nice and discrete but easy to see at night. The only downfall is my lighter adapter is in my center console so I need to order a long usb connector to power it up.

It's a nice token gesture on Ubers part.

OneDay

I thought basically everyone got it based on that the Uber office was insanely full on Monday and some waited for over an hour to get the light. Shows how many drivers are in this market!!

FAC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got mine on Tuesday. No line. Looked like they had a lot left and I got there right at closing. If you didn't get an invite, pm your email. I'll send you my email invite and you can get one.

Daisey77

I know we are suppose to display both trade dresses but I have had taxis target me, before. Has anyone else experienced this? They have actually gotten physical. Pounding on my car, hitting my windows, while calling me every name in the book. They have also barricaded me in, got out of their cars and tried walking away. I don't think they had any idea how fiery I can be. Not that they can't tell we are rideshare drivers but I also don't feel, I need to advertise it to them. So unless Uber and Lyft are willing to be on call , or should I say, on email , to come out and handle these situations, I don't feel like they can force us to display their trade dresses

Frontier Guy

I've had two cabbies mess with me, the problem, my truck is as big as their cabs, so when push comes to shove, I will make it look like their fault, and they have bigger insurance, not to mention a complaint filed with PUC against their cab license

Daisey77

I've had two cabbies mess with me, the problem, my truck is as big as their cabs, so when push comes to shove, I will make it look like their fault, and they have bigger insurance, not to mention a complaint filed with PUC against their cab license
Lol I basically said the exact same thing to the three that blocked me in and took off walking, I rolled down the window and said "alright boys, there are two ways we can handle this. You all have Priuses and I have a 4Runner. I guarantee I'm going to win this or else I'm going to call the cops and have you charged with false imprisonment. so you have about 3 seconds to figure it out." I didn't know if this was something they routinely did or they just thought because I'm a woman they could intimidate me but either way I'm the wrong one. That was at the Westin downtown. The other one was at Union Station

ATG

Everytime these cabbies see me they just give me the nasties look ever and drive super slow in front of me. I almost hit one this morning.

KevRyde

Mine fits nicely in the crevice between the windshield and dash, but I need to get a gripper grabber so I can reach it from the drivers seat. Even though it's a regulatory requirement to keep it displayed, indeed there are situations where I don't like to draw attention to the fact that I'm an Uber driver.

Also, I thought it was odd that black adhesive wasn't used for the rubberized holder. That putty grey color really detracts from the whole look.

20160727_201349.jpg

Last edited:

Daisey77

Who is selling their lighted trade dress on CL/eBay?
LMAO! Does someone really have it up there? That's awesome. I still have not claimed my glowstache and I am only a couple rides away from my 1000th ride. So obviously they are not too concerned or they would have caught this 900 rides ago LOL

KevRyde

I still have not claimed my glowstache and I am only a couple rides away from my 1000th ride.
The fleece jacket I received for exceeding 1,000 rides on Lyft is actually quite nice, and the mark that was left after I removed the stitched in Lyft logo is hardly noticeable

upload_2016-7-28_8-17-17.png

When I hit 4,000 rides from Uber, all I got was an e-mail and this color certificate of merit (I'm actually okay with that since I make about 8 times more on Uber than I do Lyft).

upload_2016-7-28_8-23-1.png

Last edited:

Jimmy Bernat

Amen the 1000 ride Lyft jacket is really nice and I actually fit me really nice . I have a pretty large upper body but my arms aren't very long so usually I have a hard time finding good fitting jackets the XXL fit me almost perfectly , a little large in the gut area but it's also very nice quality and you can really barely tell it's a lyft jacket . It took almost 8 weeks to get it at the end of may so I haven't been able to use it yet but I'll wear it once the temps drop

I picked up the Glow U yesterday I went in at 5:58 and was out by 6:01 I figured they'd move faster when it was time to leave lol
It's actually quite nice , I know you're suppose to mount it on the passenger side but I've been putting my trade dress on the driver side and removing it after every drop off , I hate having it displayed . I'll probably mount it in the center where I have the magnet for my Lyft Glowstache that I rarely use . I can reach it pretty easy there

Daisey77

The fleece jacket I received for exceeding 1,000 rides on Lyft is actually quite nice, and the mark that was left after I removed the stitched in Lyft logo is hardly noticeable

View attachment 51207

When I hit 4,000 rides from Uber, all I got was an e-mail and this color certificate of merit (I'm actually okay with that since I make about 8 times more on Uber than I do Lyft).

View attachment 51209
Heck yeah. I'll take the jacket! I'm kind of sad I never claimed my glowstache. Now they are unavailable ;( they are going to be iconic. Kids in their 20's now, will be sitting around, when they're older and be like "remember those glowing pink mustaches" LoL

I like how Uber puts "what's next" and little 5K and 6K badge icons for your 5K and 6k rides. Like something big will happen. They are ridiculous. Lord forbid they give, even an ounce, of appreciation to the drivers. you said you make more with Uber than you do with Lyft?

Daisey77

Amen the 1000 ride Lyft jacket is really nice and I actually fit me really nice . I have a pretty large upper body but my arms aren't very long so usually I have a hard time finding good fitting jackets the XXL fit me almost perfectly , a little large in the gut area but it's also very nice quality and you can really barely tell it's a lyft jacket . It took almost 8 weeks to get it at the end of may so I haven't been able to use it yet but I'll wear it once the temps drop

I picked up the Glow U yesterday I went in at 5:58 and was out by 6:01 I figured they'd move faster when it was time to leave lol
It's actually quite nice , I know you're suppose to mount it on the passenger side but I've been putting my trade dress on the driver side and removing it after every drop off , I hate having it displayed . I'll probably mount it in the center where I have the magnet for my Lyft Glowstache that I rarely use . I can reach it pretty easy there
You know, quite frankly, I don't care if it had a bright pink "L" on it, I would still wear it. At least they consciously make an attempt with us drivers and they are a decent company. Uber, I would remove every stitching of their logo and then cover with pink "L"s LoL. So did it fit pretty closely to the sizing chart?

KevRyde

you said you make more with Uber than you do with Lyft?
Yes and by a significant factor. I'm not a fan of Lyft.
I know it's fashionable on here to hate Uber and love Lyft, but I'm neither an Uber hater nor a Lyft lover. Since buying my minivan in early December, my weekly Lyft results pretty much all look like the weekly summary posted below, and I've yet to receive an e-mail from Lyft with any sort of warning about my low acceptance rate. Lyft loves to copy Uber's rates, but they refuse to implement a LyftPlus-only login option, so I ignore pretty much all of my regular Lyft requests and even a few LyftPlus requests when they're 12 to 25 minutes away. Because Lyft doesn't alert me to a PT uplift when I receive a ride request, I'm rarely motivated to accept a regular Lyft request unless I'm at DIA or if I think there's a good chance it could be a ride to DIA. Yes Lyft riders can add a tip, but other than that feature, in my experience, Lyft's technology platform and customer service is remarkably inferior to Uber's.

View attachment 31784